Digital Art Zone

58 of 72
Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser
Posted: 15 October 2012 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 856 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1767
Joined  2003-10-09

I hear about that and they working on that ..

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 857 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1171
Joined  2007-10-17
greyson5 - 15 October 2012 09:09 AM
Rogerbee - 15 October 2012 08:52 AM
greyson5 - 15 October 2012 08:47 AM

this is the same as the 32bit version I downloaded friday & still stuck on libraries freeze

Have you got the latest version of Poser 9, as in the SR3!? DSON only works with the SR3 versions of both Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012.

Checking Flash is up to date can’t hurt either.

CHEERS!

latest version of poser 9 sr3, latest version of dson , flash uptodate   & still library freeze

the only workround involes having poserpro 2012 at the moment,  DAZ say they know what caused it , but am still waiting on a fix

Well we have an idea on a fix. Since we can’t replicate it here we are relying on a couple of off site testers to see if what we think fixed it, actually fixed it. Then we have to test the importer to make sure we didn’t break anything else with the fix. Here in Utah is is 9:22am on a Monday Morning smile

Sorry my wand is in Olivander’s for its annual maintenance. smile

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 858 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-17
GRFK DSGN Unlimited - 15 October 2012 07:33 AM

So which file of the 3 we had to download is the one that should install to the “My library” folder?

DSON Importer for Poser - Genesis Starter Essentials - Poser Companion –PC
DSON Importer for Poser - Genesis Starter Essentials - DSON Core - PC
DSON Importer for Poser - DSON Importer for Poser - Win32

My Poser runtime is on a separate hard drive: I:\Program Files\e frontier\Poser 7\Runtime

I pointed my Poser 9 SR3 to that runtime because I didnt want to have to move everything to the P9 Runtime.

David

Windows treats folders named “Program Files” and “Program Files (x86)” as a special case. They are not writeable so can’t be used for this plug-in.

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 859 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2003-10-09
DAZ_Spooky - 15 October 2012 09:25 AM

this is the same as the 32bit version I downloaded friday & still stuck on libraries freeze

Have you got the latest version of Poser 9, as in the SR3!? DSON only works with the SR3 versions of both Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012.

CHEERS!

latest version of poser 9 sr3, latest version of dson , flash uptodate   & still library freeze

the only workround involes having poserpro 2012 at the moment,  DAZ say they know what caused it , but am still waiting on a fix

Well we have an idea on a fix. Since we can’t replicate it here we are relying on a couple of off site testers to see if what we think fixed it, actually fixed it. Then we have to test the importer to make sure we didn’t break anything else with the fix. Here in Utah is is 9:22am on a Monday Morning smile

I appreciate the effort & the time difference, But you’ve got me sitting on a fence wondering is its worth picking up a load of genesis items while a sale is on,  which I’ve been told ends today !!

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 860 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2004-03-28
Paris_K - 15 October 2012 08:37 AM

um…. i dont think so, as im not sure what you mean by point to? lol, sorry

When you open up Poser, there should be an icon like this in the library:

http://screencast.com/t/vLv3lFagjSfe

Click on that icon (a folder with a + and a person on it), and add the DS directory that you installed Genesis Starter Essentials TRX.

According to the User Guide wiki, Poser needs that directory, and the directory that you installed Genesis Starter Essentials Poser to, added to the Poser library.  Poser’s got to know where to find stuff, too! :D

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 861 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

thee libraries in Poser2012 are very drag and slow also after the installation including the posing in view port , the rotation not so this have nothing to do with open gl or flash as I have all updates on my i7 and DS run like hot butter
it did not freeze anything but showing not normal behavior after .. I can work with that for now but would be great if someone check on it

DAZ_Spooky - 15 October 2012 09:25 AM

CHEERS!

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 862 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-04-11

I had the problem of the library freeze with Poser Pro and it’s due to the preferences :  go to the preferences, tab “library”, one must check “External” and not “Embedded”.
That way the library is floating, I don’t like it but at leat it no longer freezes ...

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 863 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-17
legolie - 15 October 2012 09:35 AM

I had the problem of the library freeze with Poser Pro and it’s due to the preferences :  go to the preferences, tab “library”, one must check “External” and not “Embedded”.
That way the library is floating, I don’t like it but at leat it no longer freezes ...

Poser 9 doesn’t have that option.

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 864 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  257
Joined  2006-04-05
Paris_K - 15 October 2012 08:54 AM

im not sure what you mean really, i installed the starter essential trx file to my daz studio directories that wer loaded in default, Content Path: C:/Users/London/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library
DAZ Studio 4.x Files Path: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4
DAZ Studio 4.x Files Path (x64): C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

and the poser files to…C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Downloads

running windows 7 btw

Trying to help so please forgive my relative ignorance of DAZ Studio setup.

Do you have the rest of your content installed to .....Studio4? My default path is Studio without the 4 at the end. The only things in the Studio4 folder are some Reality files. Just something to check.

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 865 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

that is a good trick .. I will check out if this work for me with poserpro2012

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 866 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

studio is correct for the data and content no studio4

Haruchai - 15 October 2012 09:38 AM
Paris_K - 15 October 2012 08:54 AM

im not sure what you mean really, i installed the starter essential trx file to my daz studio directories that wer loaded in default, Content Path: C:/Users/London/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library
DAZ Studio 4.x Files Path: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4
DAZ Studio 4.x Files Path (x64): C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

and the poser files to…C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Downloads

running windows 7 btw

Trying to help so please forgive my relative ignorance of DAZ Studio setup.

Do you have the rest of your content installed to .....Studio4? My default path is Studio without the 4 at the end. The only things in the Studio4 folder are some Reality files. Just something to check.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 867 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2005-01-11

thats true didnt even think about that, im reinstalling now
wouldn’t that be the right place tho as its the program files folder and not the my library folder? not sure just asking, its what the installer had as the default. i really dont know.

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 868 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  257
Joined  2006-04-05
Paris_K - 15 October 2012 09:46 AM

thats true didnt even think about that, im reinstalling now
wouldn’t that be the right place tho as its the program files folder and not the my library folder? not sure just asking, its what the installer had as the default. i really dont know.

In Win7 my default path is C:/Users/John/My Documents/DAZ3D/Studio/My Library

Obviously the John is the folder path on my PC only.

The Program Files might be saved from when you installed the main program.

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 869 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2004-03-28
Mec4D - 15 October 2012 09:40 AM

that is a good trick .. I will check out if this work for me with poserpro2012

Think positively!  Now you can Alt-Tab back and forth between your library and Poser, and you have even more screen space for the preview window!!! :D

If you really miss having your library always visible, there’s an option in the External Library that says “Always on Top” that you can check, too.

http://screencast.com/t/x0aCffaCi3r

Got a question, though.  I haven’t been having the slowdown problems, but then I primarily build in Lit Wireframe display mode.  Does fiddling with your display settings help the slowdowns at all?

Posted: 15 October 2012 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 870 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

Cath is right.  When DAZ Studio 4 hit the market last year DAZ was making a folder in My Documents> DAZ 3D called Studio4 and then made on called just Studio.  I think they are not using the Studio4 folder any longer.  A few merchants are still catching up with this but DAZ3D is installing only to Studio, not Studio4 so forget about that.  All I did was grab all the useful content from the Studio4 folder and drag and dropped it into the Studio folder and deleted the Studio4 folder to keep from getting myself confused.  So if anyone is installing these Poser files to the Studio4 folder…. I don’t think it’s going to fly right.  Don’t know for sure but just forget that older setup.  Just use this path: ...\Documents\Daz 3D\Studio\My Library

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

58 of 72