56 of 72
Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser
Posted: 15 October 2012 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 826 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1810
Joined  2003-10-09

you don;t need to even install DS at all
all you need is the Poser genesis starter kit installed in the same path structure as your DS files you purchased
in your case would be My Library under C:/Users/My Documents/Daz 3D/studio/My Library
where you installed all your DS products like M5 , V5

in Poser you need to point the script to the Runtime in My Library and you are ready to go
forget about the Poser runtime it have nothing to do with .. it need to be the runtime under My Library

I saw a lot of mistakes by people that still have installed the old DS structures from previews versions and mixing the paths as there are 2 Runtimes and in place of going into Daz 3D\ Studio\My Library \Runtime they go into Daz 3D/Studio4/My Library/Runtime << NO GOOD

DS is installed under Program Files but this have nothing to do with that ..

GRFK DSGN Unlimited - 15 October 2012 07:16 AM

Ok. I think I understand but I think you missed one key point. I have DAZ Studio 4 Pro, not 4.5. Does that make a difference? My runtime for DS and my runtime for Poser are in 2 different locations. My DS runtime is setup as typical Studio “My library’ structure. i’ll have to look but I think the “My lIbrary” folder is under the “users” folder on the C: drive and not in the same directory as the program files for DAZ Studio. I didnt set it up that way, that was how Studio installed things. So again I ask, do I need to have 4.5 in order for things to work correctly? And if that’s the case the product documentation needs to state that somewhere so idiots like me can see it.

David

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 827 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6458
Joined  2006-02-20

No, you don’t need DS4.5 (only if you are buying content that is 4.5 only, like Mavka for Genesis).

Where do you have your Poser runtime?
You told us about your My library, but not your Poser runtime ...

Edited to add: for some people it helped just to reinstall the Poser SR3 (don’t ask why, it just worked).

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 828 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  463
Joined  2003-10-09

So which file of the 3 we had to download is the one that should install to the “My library” folder?

DSON Importer for Poser - Genesis Starter Essentials - Poser Companion –PC
DSON Importer for Poser - Genesis Starter Essentials - DSON Core - PC
DSON Importer for Poser - DSON Importer for Poser - Win32

My Poser runtime is on a separate hard drive: I:\Program Files\e frontier\Poser 7\Runtime

I pointed my Poser 9 SR3 to that runtime because I didnt want to have to move everything to the P9 Runtime.

David

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 829 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  252
Joined  2006-04-05
Kerya - 15 October 2012 07:26 AM

No, you don’t need DS4.5 (only if you are buying content that is 4.5 only, like Mavka for Genesis).

Form the second paragraph in the first post of this thread.

DAZ Introduces the DAZ Scene Object Notation (DSON) Importer for Poser. DSON is a new file format (introduced in DAZ Studio 4.5) developed by DAZ 3D that enables the transport of scene and figure information between applications.

Seems to imply you need 4.5 to use DSON.

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 830 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

You’ve got three files

14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc.exe
14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.exe
DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Win32.exe

“DSON Importer for Poser - DSON Importer for Poser - Win32” has to be installed to the place where the Poser software is installed.

The Genesis Starter Essentials have BOTH to be installed in a runtime outside of you Windows C:\programs .... folder.
You can use your existing DS4 My library folder for both.

Then you have to add this runtime to the Poser library by clicking on the + at the bottom of the library.
If you made two runtimes (for Poser and for DS) add both to your library.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 831 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15287
Joined  2003-10-09
Haruchai - 15 October 2012 07:33 AM

DAZ Introduces the DAZ Scene Object Notation (DSON) Importer for Poser. DSON is a new file format (introduced in DAZ Studio 4.5) developed by DAZ 3D that enables the transport of scene and figure information between applications.

To convert content that isn’t yet available in 4.5 format with companion files - but that isn’t the case here.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 832 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
Haruchai - 15 October 2012 07:33 AM

No, you only need it to CREATE DSON files.
If you are happy with waiting for DAZ to create them you can (for example if you are a “I love Poser - I hate DazStudio” user) live without Dazstudio.

Signature 

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 833 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

all he need is Runtime from My Library structure where he have all the morphs for genesis

and not Poser Runtime as this have nothing to do with ( the My Library need to be added to Poser as DS Runtime after to have access to all the companion files) , DSON was created to work without DS or the need for installation,
all products need to be in DUF format and created with DS4.5 that what DAZ is doing right now and all PA’s updating all products to DS4.5 and DUF other way it will never works in Poser as the companion files need to be generated and for that you need 4.5 DUF files

the re install of Poser SR3 may work , Daz mentioned also that the preferences in Poser need to be kept intake while installation and not reset , other way he need to install DSON again to make it work

Where do you have your Poser runtime?
You told us about your My library, but not your Poser runtime ...

Edited to add: for some people it helped just to reinstall the Poser SR3 (don’t ask why, it just worked).

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 834 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

go into C:/Users/My Documents/Daz3D/Studio /My Library /    no Runtime in his case as the files will generate Runtime there if it is not there already, if you install into Runtime you will get double Runtime folder and the data he already installed will never load into poser beside the genesis core

Kerya - 15 October 2012 07:35 AM

You’ve got three files

DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Win32.exe

“DSON Importer for Poser - DSON Importer for Poser - Win32” has to be installed to the place where the Poser software is installed.

The Genesis Starter Essentials have BOTH to be installed in a runtime outside of you Windows C:\programs .... folder.
You can use your existing DS4 My library folder for both.

Then you have to add this runtime to the Poser library by clicking on the + at the bottom of the library.
If you made two runtimes (for Poser and for DS) add both to your library.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 835 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  252
Joined  2006-04-05
Kerya - 15 October 2012 07:37 AM

No, you only need it to CREATE DSON files.
If you are happy with waiting for DAZ to create them you can (for example if you are a “I love Poser - I hate DazStudio” user) live without Dazstudio.

Thanks Richard & Kerya.

I use both so thanks for the information. I did not pick that bit up before, valuable info.

Signature 

My DevArt Gallery

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 836 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
Haruchai - 15 October 2012 07:47 AM

Thanks Richard & Kerya.

I use both so thanks for the information. I did not pick that bit up before, valuable info.

I am using both too (see my signature) - that’s why I am so happy that the chasm is bridged. smile

Signature 

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 837 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  463
Joined  2003-10-09

Ok. I’ll have to try this later today and see if that solves the problem. I’ll let you know if I hit any more bumps in the road.

David

Posted: 15 October 2012 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 838 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2004-03-28
Richard Haseltine - 15 October 2012 05:08 AM
Nightsong - 14 October 2012 11:57 PM

Ok, random question #45219:  How would one go about setting up a hotkey for Save As -> Support Asset -> Figure Prop Asset in DS4.5 ? :D

Window>Workspace>Customise, on the left find the Save filters and then the filter you want under that, right-click on it and from the menu choose Change keyboard shortcut, press the key combination you want to use.

Richard, you are a gem, thank you!!!

Changing over the pieces of Winter Kingdom, one at a time, left me wishing for a quicker way than navigating down through a couple of tiers of menu to convert them. :D But they load perfectly, along with my snowy-terrain shader I made ages ago!  Yay!

Now I just need to convert the materials over… eh… maybe next month. LOL!

Posted: 15 October 2012 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 839 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2005-01-11

Thanx to everyone for all your help! unfrtunately now that i got the content manager problem solved having yet again another conflict, i get my clothing exported as poser content,  when i try to load in Poser 2012 it goes thru loading process but shows up invisable in Poser? Not getting this, lol, help is very much appriciated, i’m sure its something simple that im just over looking, I’m very sorry for bothering everyone with my problems. the cr2 loads and it says the clothing is there ( the name is present) just cant see it newhere

Posted: 15 October 2012 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 840 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2003-10-09

as someone still stuck on the library freeze problem for poser 9 with dson , any suggestion , Fies ???

56 of 72