Digital Art Zone

53 of 72
Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser
Posted: 14 October 2012 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 781 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1810
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi Guys I made for myself a little helper for Poser to switch the UV’s of genesis without to going into DS or create any extra files
this way you can use your old Poser material presets on Genesis without converting it to duf and other stuff ..

Load genesis to the scene, apply the UV’s you like to have M4, V4, Kids4 , M5, V5, S5 , next add your old poser material preset to the figure and done
this way you can edit your own materials and save it in Poser without to worry the UV’s will not working
it is not big deal but so handy !!  because I am lazy and don;t want to convert my Poser materials to make it work
I saw a lot of people made Poser version of characters, this will be usable as you can use the Poser shaders and not just the standard DS

it is a free
http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

Cath

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 14 October 2012 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 782 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks Cath!
That is a very useful tool

Posted: 14 October 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 783 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

you welcome , after you apply the right UV’s you like to genesis you can apply pz2 pose mats or mc6
and I am sure people have a lot of old stuff in Poser for V4 and M4 and Kids and not use DS so this will really help without to wait for the updates .

WimvdB - 14 October 2012 04:02 PM

Thanks Cath!
That is a very useful tool

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 14 October 2012 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 784 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2004-08-24

Thanks, Cath!

Am I right that you’d have to own each of the Generation 5 characters in order for this to work for that UV?  In other words, if you don’t have S5, you wouldn’t be able to use S5 textures…

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 785 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

yes that is correct ,  M5, V5, etc..  as it load the UV’s for you so you need to own the data I created Poser presets to switch them without using DS and not actual new UV;s
until everyone update everything it can be handy ,the UV’s for M4, V4 and Kids4 are included free in the kit

smile

Alisa Uh-Lisa - 14 October 2012 04:39 PM

Thanks, Cath!

Am I right that you’d have to own each of the Generation 5 characters in order for this to work for that UV?  In other words, if you don’t have S5, you wouldn’t be able to use S5 textures…

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 786 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2004-08-24

That’s what I figured smile  Thanks for this, Cath!!

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 787 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05

Yes thanks very much!

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 788 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2005-01-11

ok so gave p for a little bit and coming back now trying to get clothes eing into is when i try to save the file as a support asset the content type only says none, i tried to co to cb database and reimport metadata like i saw posted earlier, but it doesnt change nething still only has none under conetnt type… im lost, please help ...... running newest version of dazstudio 4.5

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 789 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2003-10-09
Mec4D - 14 October 2012 03:50 PM

Hi Guys I made for myself a little helper for Poser to switch the UV’s of genesis without to going into DS or create any extra files
this way you can use your old Poser material presets on Genesis without converting it to duf and other stuff ..

Load genesis to the scene, apply the UV’s you like to have M4, V4, Kids4 , M5, V5, S5 , next add your old poser material preset to the figure and done
this way you can edit your own materials and save it in Poser without to worry the UV’s will not working
it is not big deal but so handy !!  because I am lazy and don;t want to convert my Poser materials to make it work
I saw a lot of people made Poser version of characters, this will be usable as you can use the Poser shaders and not just the standard DS

it is a free
http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

Cath

Thanks Cath, very useful and kind of you.

Signature 

A fool and her money are soon .....Hey!  Where’s my purse?

Old Post Count:  1110

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 790 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2003-10-09

Anyone else having issues with Wicked Fairytale Morphs (or any other morph packs) “sticking”? By that I mean (after installing them where Genesis lives, ‘cuz that’s what it says to do on the product page) the dials showing up and working as part of Genesis when loaded into Poser once, but when you close Poser, open it again, and reload Genesis, the morph dials are there, but the morphs don’t do anything when the dials are spun…???

Can anyone shed any light on this? I’ve tried saving other versions of Genesis in my default DAZ Studio library and in the library I created for the converted Genesis stuff, I’ve installed the morphs in both locations as well. It works fine in DAZ Studio, but I’ve only had it work in Poser a couple of times…

I have no problems with all my V4, M4, M5, V5 morphs “sticking” and working. I’m just wondering if I’m missing something?  red face

EDIT: Never mind… I found a rogue “geometry” file in my runtime folder that DSON had created (or rather I apparently did at some point) having to do with this morph set. I deleted it to see what would happen, and so far, everytime I’ve loaded Genesis, the morphs have worked. Maybe this will help someone else…but of course tweak at your own risk!  ;o)

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 791 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

Ouchie.

Anyone else getting crumpling in Genesis shoulders with some poses?

Image Attachments
Genesis_Ouchie.jpg
 Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 792 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  573
Joined  2008-07-18

Is there any way to use Gen 3 maps on Genesis?  I have some fantastic Thorne/Sarsa/Handspan textures I’d love to use on Genesis.

Signature 

My Free Stuff | My Big Store at CP | My Smaller Store at Renderosity | Prayer | Me on Twitter | Me on DA

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 793 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

not at this moment , what you can do is use texture converter and convert it to v4 and use with genesis

andolaurina - 14 October 2012 06:47 PM

Is there any way to use Gen 3 maps on Genesis?  I have some fantastic Thorne/Sarsa/Handspan textures I’d love to use on Genesis.

Signature 

MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 14 October 2012 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 794 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  573
Joined  2008-07-18
Mec4D - 14 October 2012 06:57 PM

not at this moment , what you can do is use texture converter and convert it to v4 and use with genesis

Thanks, Cath! Yeah, I have TC2 & the corresponding licenses for Gen 3 figures.  I thought maybe DAZ had created a UV-mapped version of Genesis with Gen 3 maps.  Not a problem. I’ve converted a bunch already to Gen 4, so I should get around to doing the rest that I like.

Thanks for the script, too. So helpful! smile Hugs to you!

Signature 

My Free Stuff | My Big Store at CP | My Smaller Store at Renderosity | Prayer | Me on Twitter | Me on DA

Posted: 14 October 2012 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 795 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05

Last I knew, even in DS you had to transfer them to Gen 4 before you could use them on Genesis.

53 of 72