Posted: 14 October 2012 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 766 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2310
Joined  2007-12-13
Mec4D - 14 October 2012 09:53 AM

I am just doing it right now
Bellow Buddy2 to M5 and DeniM5 clothing for genesis in Poser 2012
works like a dream , no poke , I noticed there was some setting for smooth modifier and I used it
the preview may show some poke as well but it render perfect with the morphs included .
what you will have to do is just put the all files into the same folder as your genesis starter kit ( where is also your DS runtime folder)
and do as you usually do .. and not forget to transfer the morph after comforting the clothing so they fit the shape correctly very easy
it seems like a dream ..

P.S I don’t have to create companion files to load M5 , it load automatic as Buddy2 to M5 is a cr2 figure preset so correct Maps and Uv’s loading also when using the materials , I prefer to do this way in place of manual editing genesis base , it is much faster putting the character you like straight into scene and tweak it if needed with additional morph

Thanks for replying!

I think I’ll go and get that Buddy 2.0 to M5 pack while it’s still free and then hang onto it till I’ve got M5 up and running. Your textures are absolutely perfect for the lighting rig I’m currently using which I set up using a tutorial by Caisson.

Are there more V5 and M5 characters to come!? Now everyone can use them your popularity is going to shoot up.

Looking forward to more soon

CHEERS!

EDIT:

Oh, just thought, I’ll need the DS version of Buddy 2.0 as I’ll need it for the textures, won’t I!? Or can I just copy the existing ones I have for the Poser version into the Daz library I have for my Genesis stuff!?

FURTHER EDIT:

I just looked at your reply on the Mec4D forum, I got Buddy 2 to M5 but didn’t install him, do I wait for the companion file to be uploaded and download it from the forum? I have also re-downloaded the original Buddy 2 and installed him into my DAZ library. Once I get M5 up and running, will I need anything else!?

CHEERS!

Posted: 14 October 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 767 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7622
Joined  2006-03-19

I’m sure there will be a lot more character packs now

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 14 October 2012 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 768 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2310
Joined  2007-12-13

I can well believe that! Nice to see Fizzgig from Dark Crystal again, it’s been years since I saw that movie. Someone should do him for DS and Poser.

CHEERS!

Posted: 14 October 2012 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 769 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05

Quoting previous post as I would really like an answer. Thank you in advance.

Sunfire - 13 October 2012 09:57 PM

I need some clarification on the tutorial for making the poser companion files. The second step of the tutorial for the creating poser companion files says:

Step 2 : Update Metadata

Make sure to update the Metadata by removing the old files from the product and adding the new ones.

Metadata standards have changed recently, so this is the right time to update the Metadata to reflect these new standards.

What does this mean by removing the old files from the product and adding the new ones? After all, you add the new ones when you save them to the directory after making them, don’t you? Can I get some clarification and steps that are a bit more specific?

Posted: 14 October 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 770 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1807
Joined  2003-10-09

All you need the free Buddy2 for M5 and have it installed in the same directory as Daz’s genesis data and runtime where you point the DSON to
just make sure the old files and textures land there , I will upload the companion file tonight so you can get it from the forum or from product page as I will put the link there also
You can still use it with Genesis if you don;t have M5 , when you load genesis to Poser scene, go to actor set the shape to male, then under the Actor/face/male you will find additional morphs that will fix the eyebrows,beard , nose UV’s area so it better render on Genesis

I am going to make a lot of new characters , actually they are in production right now.

P.S if you have the old textures just replace them to the DSON runtime as they are the same as the DS installation .

and that’s all you need .. now only M5 and you are ready ..smile

Rogerbee - 14 October 2012 11:15 AM

works like a dream , no poke , I noticed there was some setting for smooth modifier and I used it
the preview may show some poke as well but it render perfect with the morphs included .
what you will have to do is just put the all files into the same folder as your genesis starter kit ( where is also your DS runtime folder)
and do as you usually do .. and not forget to transfer the morph after comforting the clothing so they fit the shape correctly very easy
it seems like a dream ..

P.S I don’t have to create companion files to load M5 , it load automatic as Buddy2 to M5 is a cr2 figure preset so correct Maps and Uv’s loading also when using the materials , I prefer to do this way in place of manual editing genesis base , it is much faster putting the character you like straight into scene and tweak it if needed with additional morph

Thanks for replying!

I think I’ll go and get that Buddy 2.0 to M5 pack while it’s still free and then hang onto it till I’ve got M5 up and running. Your textures are absolutely perfect for the lighting rig I’m currently using which I set up using a tutorial by Caisson.

Are there more V5 and M5 characters to come!? Now everyone can use them your popularity is going to shoot up.

Looking forward to more soon

CHEERS!

EDIT:

Oh, just thought, I’ll need the DS version of Buddy 2.0 as I’ll need it for the textures, won’t I!? Or can I just copy the existing ones I have for the Poser version into the Daz library I have for my Genesis stuff!?

FURTHER EDIT:

I just looked at your reply on the Mec4D forum, I got Buddy 2 to M5 but didn’t install him, do I wait for the companion file to be uploaded and download it from the forum? I have also re-downloaded the original Buddy 2 and installed him into my DAZ library. Once I get M5 up and running, will I need anything else!?

CHEERS!

Signature 

Just Released :The Aviatrix &  The Vampire Huntress
MEC4D PRODUCTS BY DAZ3D
MEC4D HOME

Posted: 14 October 2012 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 771 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks Cath!
Excellent news this is!

it seems like a dream ..

Rogerbee - 14 October 2012 09:22 AM
natrix natrix - 14 October 2012 08:12 AM

I admit to quite liking the M5 shape, and I might try this. Is there any chance that this product: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/unshaven-bundle-for-genesis can be made to work in Poser?

I noted that was by Mec4D, I did ask Catharina about DSON on her forum earlier today. I don’t know if she’s replied yet, but, I guess it could be possible that she could upgrade her content. In time I’m sure quite a lot of content will be converted, it’s just a matter of the original artists having time to do so.

CHEERS!

Posted: 14 October 2012 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 772 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  258
Joined  2003-10-09

Out of curiosity - I looked through the thread and didn’t see this mentioned: if we have Victoria 5 from 3D World or 3D Artist magazines (and Michael 5, as well), is she compatible with DSON, or does she need to be updated, and if so, can we get an update without buying her (them) new?

Thanks!

Posted: 14 October 2012 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 773 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1242
Joined  2004-08-24
DavidGB - 14 October 2012 11:00 AM

So, while I’m not sure if it will keep track of things you move in the outside file manager, if you move things in the content library pane, it not only moves all the associated files (the pngs, and dufs and dsas as appropriate) but also updates the content database.

Hmm….I’ve never tried moving things within DS so didn’t realize that would update the metadata - will have to play with that! 

I only use the Smart Content for Genesis stuff (other than the things that originally came with Poser and are in there, for the same reason - no interest in spending time to add metadata myself to a zillion different items.  I don’t know - now that these things are useable in Poser, I may move all my Genesis stuff over to the actual “Runtime” folders, stop using Smart Content altogether and not worry about the metadata anymore.

Again, thanks, and sending hugs for whatever challenges you’re dealing with.

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 14 October 2012 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 774 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14000
Joined  2003-10-09
Ptrope - 14 October 2012 01:16 PM

Out of curiosity - I looked through the thread and didn’t see this mentioned: if we have Victoria 5 from 3D World or 3D Artist magazines (and Michael 5, as well), is she compatible with DSON, or does she need to be updated, and if so, can we get an update without buying her (them) new?

Thanks!

It has been asked, and a support ticket has been opened, but we don’t yet know the answer. You can of course do your own conversion if you are able to run DS 4.5.1.6 and can follow the instructions (should be fairly straightforward as long as you accepted the default paths).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 14 October 2012 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 775 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2003-10-09

So any update on the Library freeze problem for poser 9 users ?

Posted: 14 October 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 776 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  258
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks, Richard! Sorry about the duplicate question smile. I just downloaded 4.5 Pro this week and haven’t upgraded yet - I’m going to (dangerously) assume that this is the latest version; I’ll read through the thread and the instructions and see what kind of mayhem I can create grin. Really looking forward to being able to use Genesis in Poser - I love the idea, but just can’t seem to wrap my head around the D|S interface and controls wink.

Richard Haseltine - 14 October 2012 01:27 PM
Ptrope - 14 October 2012 01:16 PM

Thanks!

It has been asked, and a support ticket has been opened, but we don’t yet know the answer. You can of course do your own conversion if you are able to run DS 4.5.1.6 and can follow the instructions (should be fairly straightforward as long as you accepted the default paths).

Posted: 14 October 2012 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 777 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  160
Joined  2006-10-28

I see all the problems that people are having, and I am hesitating. Maybe I will just use the Poser figures in Poser and the DAZ figures in DS, if I continue with DS. Way too many foul-ups, in my opinion. I don’t want to spend days trying to figure out how to load something up, and then more days trying to figure out why it doesn’t work. I enjoy the art side of 3D art, not the maddeningly frustrating computer-confusing side.

But, one question: as a Mac user, where could I install these Poser and DAZ files? Lots of people are giving opinions about the Windows platform. That’s not going to help me. In my Documents Folder, I have a Studio folder, a My Library folder, and a Studio 4 folder. If I decide to install this—What should I call it?— this latest dazzle, where should I install it?

Image Attachments
Screen_Shot_2012-10-14_at_12.48_.24_PM_.png

Posted: 14 October 2012 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 778 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2009-08-14
greyson5 - 14 October 2012 01:28 PM

Your’e gonna to think I’m as mad as a hatter Greyson. But the solution I’ve found that works just perfectly for me at the moment:
I run my new up-to-date version of poser 9 with the library closed. I then fire up an my old Poser pro 2010 and use its library grin
I can even then close poser pro 2010 and just leave its library floating! Everything is just there in the Poser 2010 library just how
it should be in Poser 9.
I have absolutely no idea how but it’s working a treat for me grin So give it a try if you’ve still got an older poser version installed.
That said, let’s hope they fix this soon I’m sure they will.

Danny

Posted: 14 October 2012 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 779 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2003-10-09
danboi - 14 October 2012 01:54 PM
greyson5 - 14 October 2012 01:28 PM

Your’e gonna to think I’m as mad as a hatter Greyson. But the solution I’ve found that works just perfectly for me at the moment:
I run my new up-to-date version of poser 9 with the library closed. I then fire up an my old Poser pro 2010 and use its library grin
I can even then close poser pro 2010 and just leave its library floating! Everything is just there in the Poser 2010 library just how
it should be in Poser 9.
I have absolutely no idea how but it’s working a treat for me grin So give it a try if you’ve still got an older poser version installed.
That said, let’s hope they fix this soon I’m sure they will.

Danny

the old version of poser I have is poser 7 SO no this dosn’t work

Posted: 14 October 2012 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 780 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14000
Joined  2003-10-09
inquire - 14 October 2012 01:52 PM

I see all the problems that people are having, and I am hesitating. Maybe I will just use the Poser figures in Poser and the DAZ figures in DS, if I continue with DS. Way too many foul-ups, in my opinion. I don’t want to spend days trying to figure out how to load something up, and then more days trying to figure out why it doesn’t work. I enjoy the art side of 3D art, not the maddeningly frustrating computer-confusing side.

But, one question: as a Mac user, where could I install these Poser and DAZ files? Lots of people are giving opinions about the Windows platform. That’s not going to help me. In my Documents Folder, I have a Studio folder, a My Library folder, and a Studio 4 folder. If I decide to install this—What should I call it?— this latest dazzle, where should I install it?

The My Library folder, just as on Windows - only the location of the Documents folder varies between platforms. However I am a little concerned that you appear to have content in the DAZ 3D/Studio 4 folder, though as that isn’t a nested folder it wouldn’t break stuff if it was also selected as a content directory.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

52 of 72