50 of 72
Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser
Posted: 14 October 2012 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 736 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15792
Joined  2003-10-09
Amethyst - 14 October 2012 03:56 AM

If I convert a dress I have made for Genesis to the new DUF format and then make the Poser Companion Files. Can I distribute them and what exactly would I have to include in the package to make sure it works in both Poser and DS? Are there any instructions anywhere on how to package these files up so they can be distributed legally?

Yes, in fact it’s the hope that content makers will provide the companion files so that their products are available to those who simply can’t run DS at all (or who simply don’t want to learn yet another application). You’d need the \Data folder for your dress, the DS users files (\People\Genesis\Clothing\Amethyst’s Dress, or whatever), the \Runtime\Textures folders you use and the \Runtime\Libraries\... files with the companion files, including the second copy of the .dufs from the People folder.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 737 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15792
Joined  2003-10-09
PaganArtist - 13 October 2012 05:53 PM

OKay got all the stuff installed but I am at a loss on how you even get genesis figure into poser. No Genesis folders show up in the poser libraries so where do I find the content? All my poser content files are in “My Documents” and this is where I pointed the GenesisStarterEssentials _1.6_trx and the GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc. I do not have DS installed on my PC so I don’t understand what or why the trx file are needed to be installed. Could it be that the GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc needed to go directly into the PoserPro 2012 content file in order to show up in my libraries?

Thanks!

There won’t be any folders named Genesis - the base figure gets put in the DAZ People folder, alongside the older figures, if present.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 738 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2009-09-12

Hi.

This picture is proof that Genesis has moved into my Poser 9 with help from Dson. My Genesis-Family only speak German - sorry. wink
Thank you Daz -  I did’t have any problems to install the Scripts and the EssentialStarter Content.
Since yesterday I have renewed my PC-Membership because now I can see you have a heart for Poser-Users. too.

I love this possibility and thank you so much!

Image Attachments
familie_genesis.jpg
 Signature 

PC - Windows 7 64 bit, Poser Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.6

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 739 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2006-02-25

Some M5 stuff I bought are updated in the store ( Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs, Yolande Hair etc ... ) but not in my downloadable item . Why ? Do I have to buy them one more time ?

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 740 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2373
Joined  2007-12-13

Sounds to me like you’ll have to reset your downloads by going into your Itemised Order History.

CHEERS!

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 741 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-02-25
Rogerbee - 14 October 2012 06:03 AM

Sounds to me like you’ll have to reset your downloads by going into your Itemised Order History.

CHEERS!

Yes, I did it but the cf file and dson file are missing ...

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 742 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2007-11-26
fixmypcmike - 13 October 2012 07:09 PM
Isikol - 13 October 2012 06:48 PM

im pretty sure there is something wrong with the 64bit installer in some cases..

in a 64bit machine with 64bit windows and a 64bit sr3.1 poser with the right c++ updates and a new clean install outside the program files i still have the below message…

i have try every scenario you can imagine….

as Neo once said….

help!

Do your other Python scripts work, and is the DSON script in the same location?

OK. I have 64 bit laptop, 64 bit Windows 7, But I used 32 bit SR3.1 for Poser 9. Only because Poser 9 is 32 bits. It works for me. Hope this helps.

Signature 

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 743 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13
Yannich - 14 October 2012 06:13 AM

Oh, not sure what to suggest now, I’m sure someone else will know.

CHEERS!

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 744 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-02-25
Rogerbee - 14 October 2012 06:19 AM
Yannich - 14 October 2012 06:13 AM

Oh, not sure what to suggest now, I’m sure someone else will know.

CHEERS!

Maybe the shop owner grin
Anyway, thank you for your answer .

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 745 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13
WitchStorm - 14 October 2012 06:19 AM
fixmypcmike - 13 October 2012 07:09 PM
Isikol - 13 October 2012 06:48 PM

im pretty sure there is something wrong with the 64bit installer in some cases..

in a 64bit machine with 64bit windows and a 64bit sr3.1 poser with the right c++ updates and a new clean install outside the program files i still have the below message…

i have try every scenario you can imagine….

as Neo once said….

help!

Do your other Python scripts work, and is the DSON script in the same location?

OK. I have 64 bit laptop, 64 bit Windows 7, But I used 32 bit SR3.1 for Poser 9. Only because Poser 9 is 32 bits. It works for me. Hope this helps.

I think I know where the confusion is happening.

Poser stays where it is, you do NOT need to move this out of Program Files. I went into Computer and opened up the Documents library. I put a new folder in there called Daz, this in effect is now a library. Install the Genesis content into this library by specifying a custom installation. In Poser you add this new Daz library and all the relevant Genesis content is placed into the relevant libraries.

There does appear to be a lack of clarity in the DSON instructions.

Anyway, this does work, as I said on the previous page to this one.

CHEERS!

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 746 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-26

OK. I keep hearing everyone talking about going to their Documents folder. What is suppose to be in it? I looked at mine, and I have nothing that pertains to Daz or Poser 9 in it.

Signature 

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 747 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13
Richard Haseltine - 13 October 2012 05:44 AM
Rogerbee - 13 October 2012 01:13 AM

Just spotted this in my DSON search results:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/poke-away

That looks very useful, but, there’s no mention of DSON in the blurb, so does that mean it still needs converting!?

That DSON list is starting to get confusing, particularly when things like that are included which don’t appear to have been converted.

CHEERS!

Poke-away is rather an old product -when DS4 first came out, as a beta, it wasn’t possible to hide body parts and the morphs were an alternative. However, they fixed that quickly (before the official release). Fortunately, since these are just morphs they don’t need .duf files and do seem to work in the current version with the importer - they just appear as a group of morphs at the bottom of the list. You can also hid body parts by setting their Subdivision Exclude parameter to 1. In the image I set the collar’s SubD exclude to 1 and applied the X-Away Left arm morph, so you can see both working in PP2012.

Ah, thanks for that! Took some digging to find the reply.

I’ll give that one a go when I get all the other stuff.

CHEERS!

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 748 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-13
WitchStorm - 14 October 2012 06:37 AM

OK. I keep hearing everyone talking about going to their Documents folder. What is suppose to be in it? I looked at mine, and I have nothing that pertains to Daz or Poser 9 in it.

There doesn’t need to be. What the contents of this folder are are writable libraries. All you do is create one and install your Genesis content into it. You then add this new library in Poser (That’s the folder icon with the + sign.) and DSON will work.

It did take me a little while to fathom that this was what the DSON instructions wanted me to do, but, it worked. By default Vue stores it’s content in the Documents library and it was that which made me realise what I needed to do.

Hope this helps.

CHEERS!

Posted: 14 October 2012 07:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 749 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-26
Rogerbee - 14 October 2012 06:50 AM
WitchStorm - 14 October 2012 06:37 AM

There doesn’t need to be. What the contents of this folder are are writable libraries. All you do is create one and install your Genesis content into it. You then add this new library in Poser (That’s the folder icon with the + sign.) and DSON will work.

It did take me a little while to fathom that this was what the DSON instructions wanted me to do, but, it worked. By default Vue stores it’s content in the Documents library and it was that which made me realise what I needed to do.

Hope this helps.

CHEERS!

I made a Poser 9 Content folder on my external hard drive. That is where I put all content for Poser, even the Genesis stuff. It works for me. And, with more and more stuff I keep putting in Poser, it doesn’t bog down my laptop hard drive. The external hard drive is bigger than my laptop hard drive. Thanks for telling me what it is.

Signature 

Posted: 14 October 2012 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 750 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2009-08-14

Hi. I’ve managed to get DSON working for me in poser 9 but not fully as I still have the frozen library. I’ve installed the M5 pro package but I can’t seem to locate the M5 gens in poser 9’s library. Are the M5 Gens compatible yet?

Danny

50 of 72