Digital Art Zone

47 of 72
Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser
Posted: 13 October 2012 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 691 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2003-10-09
thd777 - 13 October 2012 03:32 PM

There are no MAT files. The Poser materials are in (Drum roll…) Materials!
Check the material collections in the same runtime as the shapes. At least that is the case for Tori.

Ciao
TD

What a novel idea…lol. I was shocked myself…went looking in the Pose folder first wink.

Laurie

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 692 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2003-10-09

Just an FYI, for some reason, Norton is quarantining the file 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.exe because it’s new.
For anybody else wondering why it keeps disappearing from the download folder…

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 693 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-12-10

I was having problems with the new DSON Importer in Poser Pro 2012 but finally managed to get it to work so thought I’d post a few comments for anyone else having the same problem.

I initially looked though this Forum and couldn’t find anything specific so opened a case with Tech Support (https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/tickets/115278).  They got back the next day but basically just sent me back here!

So, after looking through 40+ pages and still not finding any help, I did a bit more fiddling and FINALLY got it to work.

The limited DSON Importer_user_guide is misleading and as it’s stated as a WIP, perhaps these comments will get appended.

First off, the Writable Runtime Folder entry for the Importer Preferences the DSON Support item in the Scripts Tab in Poser is blank upon initial install.  Silly me, I thought that this would be the DAZ runtime folder.  No,no, no.  This needs to be the Poser Runtime folder.  In my case that’s simply: D:/Poser Pro 2012 and NOT the D:\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime although that might work as well.

Secondly, you need to MANUALLY add the DAZ library.  This IS the Daz runtime folder.  In my case that’s: D:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime.  Contrary to what is shown in the DSON Importer_user_guide, this ends up getting added to the Poser Library as My Library and NOT Genesis Essentials as shown, and the Poser interface doesn’t allow you to rename it.

So, once I got those things straightened out is seems to work pretty well.  I’ve only had a short time to play around with it and don’t have that much DAZ content so time will tell if there are other issues.

Your mileage may vary.

M.

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 694 ]
Joined  2004-02-28

I keep getting this error.  My runtime is a writable folder.  Don’t know why this is happening.  Need Help.  Everything is loaded right.

Image Attachments
error.jpg
 Signature 

Playing Dirty Wins

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 695 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06

What is the path to the runtime?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 696 ]
Joined  2004-02-28
fixmypcmike - 13 October 2012 05:23 PM

G:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime

Signature 

Playing Dirty Wins

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 697 ]
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2006-10-13
DavidGB - 13 October 2012 03:21 PM
miketee - 13 October 2012 03:00 PM

Just a quick question about the store. There are items I have for Genesis - like the Genesis Bikini. When I click on this item in my itemized order history and it goes to the downloadable files area, I do NOT see any DSON files. This is true for many items I have that are listed in the DSON ALL category (for sale). Do I have to re-buy for the DSON functionality to ‘kick in’ (I sure hope not!)? Or is it just a matter of being patient and waiting till the existing (itemized order history) files are updated for DSON?

Thanks!

Being patient and waiting.

Or using DS to convert to DSON (if it’s not already) and generate the Poser comapanion files yourself.

OK - got it - thanks!

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 698 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05

Mmm… more poser playing with ol’ Gennie… this time it’s M5 wearing the M4 Vincent, ghost skin and the Morphing fantasy dress with the bloodlust texture and that’s DMR’s Mooncult and the lighting to go with it with the Terradome in the background. I changed the diffuse on the crystal ball as well.

Image Attachments
dsonm5poser.jpg

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 699 ]
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2006-10-13
Sunfire - 13 October 2012 03:50 PM
DavidGB - 13 October 2012 03:21 PM
miketee - 13 October 2012 03:00 PM

Just a quick question about the store. There are items I have for Genesis - like the Genesis Bikini. When I click on this item in my itemized order history and it goes to the downloadable files area, I do NOT see any DSON files. This is true for many items I have that are listed in the DSON ALL category (for sale). Do I have to re-buy for the DSON functionality to ‘kick in’ (I sure hope not!)? Or is it just a matter of being patient and waiting till the existing (itemized order history) files are updated for DSON?

Thanks!

Being patient and waiting.

Or using DS to convert to DSON (if it’s not already) and generate the Poser comapanion files yourself.

The Genesis bikini should have the DSON core file, legacy file, and Poser companion file. I reset mine and have them.

On things like the Genesis evolution morphs, the Fantasy shapes, and the wicked fairytail morphs, there is only the main file. They will work find in your poser if you just put them in the same place as your other Genesis content that you are using in Poser with the DSON importer. They’ll show up in the genesis figure to dial in as you need.

OK - I will try again on the Bikini, and will try the morph packages as well. Thanks!

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 700 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2009-08-14
WitchStorm - 13 October 2012 05:00 PM
danboi - 13 October 2012 09:59 AM

I’ve gone bog-eyed reading through all these posts for the answer I’m looking for smile I’d be interested to know if there any Poser 9 users here that are able to use the DSON importer without the library totally freezing after the Genesis figure imports with DSON?
Windows 7 using the 32 bit version!

Danny

Hi Danny,
  I have Windows 7, 64 bit.  But I am using Poser 9 32 bits. I used the DSON 32 bits on my computer. Genesis works great. I need to learn more about using Poser. Renders real fast. I am working my way up to multiple characters in a scene, I haven’t put all my Daz and Poser stuff on my computer yet.

Hi WitchStorm. It’s good to know that it does work on a system and set-up that is similar to my own. With the library freeze I’m suffering from I feel so near but yet so far ;-S

Danny

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 701 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2004-03-03
sonia15 - 13 October 2012 05:23 PM
fixmypcmike - 13 October 2012 05:23 PM

G:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime

I seem to remember that it thinks any directory called ‘Program Files’ is THE Program Files and therefore presumes it is not a writable directory.

You need a runtime that does not have a directory called ‘Program files’ above it. Either make another runtime elsewhere, or change the ‘Program Files’ name in that one if it doesn’t mess other programs up.

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 702 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2003-10-09

OKay got all the stuff installed but I am at a loss on how you even get genesis figure into poser. No Genesis folders show up in the poser libraries so where do I find the content? All my poser content files are in “My Documents” and this is where I pointed the GenesisStarterEssentials _1.6_trx and the GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc. I do not have DS installed on my PC so I don’t understand what or why the trx file are needed to be installed. Could it be that the GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc needed to go directly into the PoserPro 2012 content file in order to show up in my libraries?

Thanks!

Posted: 13 October 2012 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 703 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2003-10-09
DocPhoton - 13 October 2012 05:13 PM

I was having problems with the new DSON Importer in Poser Pro 2012 but finally managed to get it to work so thought I’d post a few comments for anyone else having the same problem.

I initially looked though this Forum and couldn’t find anything specific so opened a case with Tech Support (https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/tickets/115278).  They got back the next day but basically just sent me back here!

So, after looking through 40+ pages and still not finding any help, I did a bit more fiddling and FINALLY got it to work.

The limited DSON Importer_user_guide is misleading and as it’s stated as a WIP, perhaps these comments will get appended.

First off, the Writable Runtime Folder entry for the Importer Preferences the DSON Support item in the Scripts Tab in Poser is blank upon initial install.  Silly me, I thought that this would be the DAZ runtime folder.  No,no, no.  This needs to be the Poser Runtime folder.  In my case that’s simply: D:/Poser Pro 2012 and NOT the D:\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime although that might work as well.

Secondly, you need to MANUALLY add the DAZ library.  This IS the Daz runtime folder.  In my case that’s: D:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime.  Contrary to what is shown in the DSON Importer_user_guide, this ends up getting added to the Poser Library as My Library and NOT Genesis Essentials as shown, and the Poser interface doesn’t allow you to rename it.

So, once I got those things straightened out is seems to work pretty well.  I’ve only had a short time to play around with it and don’t have that much DAZ content so time will tell if there are other issues.

Your mileage may vary.

M.

I’ve been loading my content in separate libraries. For example “Michael 4”, “Victoria 4”, “Scenes”, “Animals”. I just add the libraries to Poser and DAZ as needed. I’ve kept all of the Genesis content in the default DAZ library since it previously only worked with DAZ Studio.

For the Mac it’s ::Users:{username}:Documents:DAZ 3D:Studio:My Library.

After installing the new Genesis content, I added this directory to Poser. Poser only adds folders containing the runtime folder and uses the name of the added folder. You can rename “My Library” to something else before adding to Poser, but it might mess up DAZ Studio if you have “My Library” mapped to both programs like I do.

Posted: 13 October 2012 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 704 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2004-03-03
PaganArtist - 13 October 2012 05:53 PM

All my poser content files are in “My Documents” and this is where I pointed the GenesisStarterEssentials _1.6_trx and the GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc. I do not have DS installed on my PC so I don’t understand what or why the trx file are needed to be installed. Could it be that the GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc needed to go directly into the PoserPro 2012 content file in order to show up in my libraries?

Thanks!

The DSON importer for Poser is so you can import DS content, which is in the DS DSON format, into Poser. The GenesisStarterEssentials trx installer is the one that actually installs the DS DSON format Genesis files. If you don’t install them, then you have nothing to import. Genesis does not exist as Poser cr2 files, obj files, pmd files etc. It exists as DS .dsf and .duf files. without them, you do not have genesis to import.

You need to point both the trx installer and the PoserCF dpc installer at the folder that contains your normal Poser runtime. You should then find, in Poser when you look in your library at that runtime, in the Character section, a DAZ People folder, and in that a Genesis.cr2. thaty’s not really a proper cr2, it just contains a line to call a python script, and the python script causes Genesis to be imported from the .duf and dsf files. But from your point of view, that shouldn’t matter, just click that genesis.cr2.

You must also have installed the other installer that’s the actual importeer plugin, and THAT installer needs to be pointed at the actual Poser Pro 2012 or Poser 9 program folder, not the folder where your runtime is.

Posted: 13 October 2012 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 705 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  229
Joined  2008-12-31
Gregorius - 13 October 2012 09:54 AM

Couple of interesting findsː

1)  After I uninstall the importer, PP12 still looks for it on startup and displays a no-such-module error.

2)  My Python shell says thisː

Welcome to the Poser Python Shell.
Python 2.7.1 (r271ː86832, Oct 10 2012, 10ː53ː31)
[MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

Why “on win32”?  My system is 64-bit.

Should I start a new thread for this issue?  I’m really eager to get this workingǃ

we are having the exact same problem!!!!!!!  STILL!!!!!!

Signature 

ISIKOL AT DEVIANTART

47 of 72