Digital Art Zone

46 of 72
Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser
Posted: 13 October 2012 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 676 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  392
Joined  2011-05-27

Bit confused right now.  I installed V5, Gabi and Tori.  Their shape shows up but I cannot find any of the mat files.  Are there any Poser companion files for the mats?  For instance, Bree comes with V5 and I cannot find the mats for her.  Bree is one of my favorite mats so I was hoping to check it out in Poser…...

Signed,
Confused.

LOL

wink

Signature 

DAZ Studio 4 Pro user, Poser Pro 2012 user, Bryce 7 Pro user, Vue 8 Complete user, Photoshop CS4 user.

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 677 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2004-10-09
Muon Quark - 13 October 2012 03:23 PM

Bit confused right now.  I installed V5, Gabi and Tori.  Their shape shows up but I cannot find any of the mat files.  Are there any Poser companion files for the mats?  For instance, Bree comes with V5 and I cannot find the mats for her.  Bree is one of my favorite mats so I was hoping to check it out in Poser…...

Signed,
Confused.

LOL

wink

There are no MAT files. The Poser materials are in (Drum roll…) Materials!
Check the material collections in the same runtime as the shapes. At least that is the case for Tori.

Ciao
TD

Signature 

I reject your Reality and substitute my Vue!
Check my gallery at DeviantArt

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 678 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2003-10-09

I bought the DSON Genesis Creature Creator bundle, some of the morphs are missing.

It’s suppose to have 7 Full Body Morphs

Exo
Faerie
Goblin
Hag
Ogre
Stocky
Zombie

I’m missing Faerie and Hag.(see image)

Also, there is no change in the head when using the Zombie morph!

I have Poser Pro 2012 and the latest SR3

Image Attachments
capture.JPG

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 679 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2004-10-09
Porthos1 - 13 October 2012 03:36 PM

I bought the DSON Genesis Creature Creator bundle, some of the morphs are missing.

Exo
Faerie
Goblin
Hag
Ogre
Stocky
Zombie

In my install Fairy and Hag are under actor- female- Fantasy SciFi
Did you check there?
The Zombie works fine here. Not sure what the problem could be there. The change in the head isn’t as pronounced as in the body, but that is the same in DAZ studio.
TD

Signature 

I reject your Reality and substitute my Vue!
Check my gallery at DeviantArt

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 680 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  392
Joined  2011-05-27
thd777 - 13 October 2012 03:32 PM

Signed,
Confused.

LOL

wink

Check the material collections in the same runtime as the shapes. At least that is the case for Tori.

Ciao
TD

DOH!!!!  How about that?  Poser mats in the mats folder!!  What will they think of next?  LOL
Thanks THD!!

Signature 

DAZ Studio 4 Pro user, Poser Pro 2012 user, Bryce 7 Pro user, Vue 8 Complete user, Photoshop CS4 user.

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 681 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2003-10-09

Just want to say a big THANK YOU to both the DAZ and Smith Micro folks for creating this…most awesome!  Of course my bank account doesn’t thank you, but…  wink
Much appreciated!  cheese

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 682 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05
DavidGB - 13 October 2012 03:21 PM
miketee - 13 October 2012 03:00 PM

Just a quick question about the store. There are items I have for Genesis - like the Genesis Bikini. When I click on this item in my itemized order history and it goes to the downloadable files area, I do NOT see any DSON files. This is true for many items I have that are listed in the DSON ALL category (for sale). Do I have to re-buy for the DSON functionality to ‘kick in’ (I sure hope not!)? Or is it just a matter of being patient and waiting till the existing (itemized order history) files are updated for DSON?

Thanks!

Being patient and waiting.

Or using DS to convert to DSON (if it’s not already) and generate the Poser comapanion files yourself.

The Genesis bikini should have the DSON core file, legacy file, and Poser companion file. I reset mine and have them.

On things like the Genesis evolution morphs, the Fantasy shapes, and the wicked fairytail morphs, there is only the main file. They will work find in your poser if you just put them in the same place as your other Genesis content that you are using in Poser with the DSON importer. They’ll show up in the genesis figure to dial in as you need.

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 683 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  502
Joined  2005-01-18
Muon Quark - 13 October 2012 03:46 PM
thd777 - 13 October 2012 03:32 PM

Signed,
Confused.

LOL

wink

Ciao
TD

DOH!!!!  How about that?  Poser mats in the mats folder!!  What will they think of next?  LOL
Thanks THD!!

LOL It’s so confusing that we totally forget there could actually be things sitting in the right place!!

Nice to see you too!! grin

Love, Jeanne

Signature 

I am what I am, my own special creation

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 684 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8548
Joined  2007-11-06

Exo
Faerie
Goblin
Hag
Ogre
Stocky
Zombie

Just on a hunch, try reinstalling them.  Someone else found the files weren’t all there when they installed the creature morphs, but installing again with the exact same installer worked.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 13 October 2012 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 685 ]
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2003-10-09
thd777 - 13 October 2012 03:43 PM

Exo
Faerie
Goblin
Hag
Ogre
Stocky
Zombie

In my install Fairy and Hag are under actor- female- Fantasy SciFi
Did you check there?
The Zombie works fine here. Not sure what the problem could be there. The change in the head isn’t as pronounced as in the body, but that is the same in DAZ studio.
TD

Thanks for that, never thought to check the female actor! smile

Posted: 13 October 2012 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 686 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2003-10-09

Just wanted to drop a quick note, say thanks to DAZ for doing this for us Poser users.
It is incredibly much appreciated! (And certainly from my perspective, good business sense for DAZ. :) )

Posted: 13 October 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 687 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2003-10-09

I have installed DAZStudio_4.5.1.6_Win64 and DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Win64 in Poser pro 2012 and update POser to sr 3,1
and finally install 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc in Poser
Everything seems working
But after i reset download for V5 and M5 and install all DSON file (ex 13885_BenjaminM5PoserCF_1.3_dpc) in Poser pro 2012 folder
each file seems there and i click for loading and nothing appears in the scene except the name in the list of preview files and no error message
What is wrong ?
I am using Dimension 3d XL as libraries browser with Windows 7 64 bits

Thanks

Posted: 13 October 2012 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 688 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8548
Joined  2007-11-06
Martial - 13 October 2012 04:54 PM

I have installed DAZStudio_4.5.1.6_Win64 and DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Win64 in Poser pro 2012 and update POser to sr 3,1
and finally install 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc in Poser
Everything seems working
But after i reset download for V5 and M5 and install all DSON file (ex 13885_BenjaminM5PoserCF_1.3_dpc) in Poser pro 2012 folder
each file seems there and i click for loading and nothing appears in the scene except the name in the list of preview files and no error message
What is wrong ?
I am using Dimension 3d XL as libraries browser with Windows 7 64 bits

Thanks

You need to install the updated core files as well as the Poser Companion Files.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 689 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2007-11-26
danboi - 13 October 2012 09:59 AM

I’ve gone bog-eyed reading through all these posts for the answer I’m looking for smile I’d be interested to know if there any Poser 9 users here that are able to use the DSON importer without the library totally freezing after the Genesis figure imports with DSON?
Windows 7 using the 32 bit version!

Danny

Hi Danny,
  I have Windows 7, 64 bit.  But I am using Poser 9 32 bits. I used the DSON 32 bits on my computer. Genesis works great. I need to learn more about using Poser. Renders real fast. I am working my way up to multiple characters in a scene, I haven’t put all my Daz and Poser stuff on my computer yet.

Signature 

Posted: 13 October 2012 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 690 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  907
Joined  2007-01-04
Male-M3dia - 13 October 2012 01:30 PM
Bejaymac - 13 October 2012 01:24 PM
sedor - 13 October 2012 12:07 PM
Bejaymac - 13 October 2012 12:02 PM

Just out of curiosity, but can Poser users now save in the DSON file format with this or is it just an importer ?

This tool allows you to use Genesis (and Genesis-Content) inside Poser, you can’t save with it in the DSON file format.

In that case this is yet another no brainer by DAZ, I’ve just seen a post over at Rendo where someone done with Genesis what they normally do with other figures, ie load the figure, dial up a morph, apply a texture, load clothing and hair, and save it back to the figure library, 400 MB of their disk space vanished doing that, it wont take long to fill a 1TB drive doing that.

I don’t think it’s quite that severe. I just saved a pz2 scene with 2 M5s (subdivided) a back drop and two underwear and that file is 52mb. The render I rendered in Poser with one M5 and bluebird3d’s “A bright loft” only took 33. Poser doesn’t support DSON natively so it can’t save the scene in that format, so you can’t drop that in DAZ’s lap. wink

Hmm wonder why the second half of my post didn’t make it.

Repost raspberry
Then there’s the problem of content, it’s odds on that people are going to start making content in P9/Pro12 for Genesis, and because they can’t save in DSON means it wont be compatible with DS4, so our own figure will have content that we can’t use on it.

*Bold text in quote* that one I can raspberry

Signature 

**shuffles of with a new headache** tongue wink

46 of 72