39 of 72
Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser
Posted: 13 October 2012 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 571 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2331
Joined  2007-12-13

Yep, that’s correct!

It surprised me how well it worked too. One thing I do like is that Genesis accepts my old V4 poses without anything untoward happening. Having said that, my render is head and shoulders so anything could be going on below that!

CHEERS!

Posted: 13 October 2012 01:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 572 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2004-03-28
Rogerbee - 13 October 2012 01:40 AM

Yep, that’s correct!

It surprised me how well it worked too. One thing I do like is that Genesis accepts my old V4 poses without anything untoward happening. Having said that, my render is head and shoulders so anything could be going on below that!

CHEERS!

I’m a lil miffy at the limits in the figure but I just re-saved a copy back to the library with all of the limits turned off. :D It took V4 poses slightly better, then, and made it easier to adjust.

Posted: 13 October 2012 01:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 573 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2331
Joined  2007-12-13

Oh, right, I’ll have to look into that.

The pose was a simple standing one and most of the others I’d use are for portraits. If anything else is needed then I’ll get some proper poses.

CHEERS!

Posted: 13 October 2012 02:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 574 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m in the process of reading all 39 pages of this thread but I have a quick question. I got V5 and M5 via 3D World. Is it possible to convert these to the new DSON format? I have both Poser Pro 2012 and DAZ Studio 4.5 installed.

I have also created clothing items for Genesis. Is it possible to convert these to the new DSON format so they can be used in Poser?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: 13 October 2012 02:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 575 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-03-28

I installed my V4/M4 Body Shapes for Genesis from an ImagineFX Magazine disc into my DS Content directory, after installing the huge Genesis Starter Essentials TRX file there, and it appears to work just fine with the Genesis figure in Poser.  I’ve got a Support ticket in asking about updates, but haven’t heard anything back yet.

Posted: 13 October 2012 02:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 576 ]
Joined  2003-10-09
Nightsong - 13 October 2012 02:08 AM

I installed my V4/M4 Body Shapes for Genesis from an ImagineFX Magazine disc into my DS Content directory, after installing the huge Genesis Starter Essentials TRX file there, and it appears to work just fine with the Genesis figure in Poser.  I’ve got a Support ticket in asking about updates, but haven’t heard anything back yet.

Thank you very much, Nightsong. I’ll try that.

I’ve found instructions for converting clothes, poses and textures now but not morphs. How would one transfer custom morphs over so Poser recognizes them? Would I just create them in DS4.5 and then put them in the Poser Genesis content directory?

So far Genesis is working great in Poser. Great job to all involved.

Posted: 13 October 2012 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 577 ]
Rank
Joined  2004-03-28

You’ve got me there.  I know it can be done because I’ve got access to Surreality’s Tamesis morphs on my Genesis figure, but… it sort of just happened automagically.  I installed the DS files to my DS Content directory and it appeared when I next loaded Genesis inside of Poser.

Posted: 13 October 2012 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 578 ]
Joined  2003-10-09
Nightsong - 13 October 2012 02:30 AM

You’ve got me there.  I know it can be done because I’ve got access to Surreality’s Tamesis morphs on my Genesis figure, but… it sort of just happened automagically.  I installed the DS files to my DS Content directory and it appeared when I next loaded Genesis inside of Poser.

LOL… sounds magic!

I’ll experiment and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

Edited to add: Just moving the V5 and M5 folders over to (Poser Directory)\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D makes the morphs available in Poser. Thanks go to Nightsong! smile

Posted: 13 October 2012 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 579 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4911
Joined  2009-02-26

Ok, rather than go through all 39 pages… I got V5 Pro bundle, and use Daz, I’m confused with which files to download… I don’t use poser, and not sure which ones daz needs lol…. Do I just download Legacy stuff? Be more simple if it was titled with ‘DAZ’ lol

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 580 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2865
Joined  2004-04-14

The difference betweent he Legacy and the DSON files is the DSON files are just updated versions and should work just fine in DS but wont make any difference from the Legacy files which are the last update of the product before DS 4.5.1.6

Amethyst, if you install DS 4.5.1.6 which was just released, you can use it to update any Genesis product to work with the DSON Importer for Poser

Please see here - http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_content_conversion/start

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 581 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2005-07-25

I would like to ask 2 questions:

1. When I’m buying the v4 Shape for Genesis will I can use V4 Poser content on it? Especially clothing?
2. Is ther a possibility to use V4 Facemorphs on Genesis?

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 582 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4911
Joined  2009-02-26
Mattymanx - 13 October 2012 03:19 AM

The difference betweent he Legacy and the DSON files is the DSON files are just updated versions and should work just fine in DS but wont make any difference from the Legacy files which are the last update of the product before DS 4.5.1.6

Amethyst, if you install DS 4.5.1.6 which was just released, you can use it to update any Genesis product to work with the DSON Importer for Poser

Please see here - http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_content_conversion/start

Thanks Matty!

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 13 October 2012 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 583 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
DAZ_ann0314 - 12 October 2012 09:51 PM
DAZ_ann0314 - 12 October 2012 12:15 PM

OK here is the existing Bug Report on the issue of Genesis Loading but the Poser’s Library not responding:

https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48127

Greyson and ezwood, please consider adding any additional information or details to it smile

Made that red cuz for as fast as this thread is going I didn’t want you to miss it LOL

AN UPDATE TO THIS ISSUE:
They have narrowed down what is causing this for some people and are working on a fix to resolve it. I just wanted to let those who were experiencing this know it was looked over today and the Software Dev people are hard at work trying to get it resolved for you all.

As a work around, you can try the following:
[quote author=“Risika75 “]If you’re having issues with switching over to other parts of the library once Genesis is loaded, go into Edit > General Preferences > Library > switch Launch Behavior to External and restart Poser. that fixed it for me.

um I have poser 9 & I dont see that option when I open up Edit > General Preferences > Library

Posted: 13 October 2012 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 584 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2003-10-09
greyson5 - 13 October 2012 04:40 AM
DAZ_ann0314 - 12 October 2012 09:51 PM
DAZ_ann0314 - 12 October 2012 12:15 PM

OK here is the existing Bug Report on the issue of Genesis Loading but the Poser’s Library not responding:

https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48127

Greyson and ezwood, please consider adding any additional information or details to it smile

Made that red cuz for as fast as this thread is going I didn’t want you to miss it LOL

AN UPDATE TO THIS ISSUE:
They have narrowed down what is causing this for some people and are working on a fix to resolve it. I just wanted to let those who were experiencing this know it was looked over today and the Software Dev people are hard at work trying to get it resolved for you all.

As a work around, you can try the following:
[quote author=“Risika75 “]If you’re having issues with switching over to other parts of the library once Genesis is loaded, go into Edit > General Preferences > Library > switch Launch Behavior to External and restart Poser. that fixed it for me.

um I have poser 9 & I dont see that option when I open up Edit > General Preferences > Library

Poser 9 does not have that option. So this bypass won’t work for P9

Posted: 13 October 2012 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 585 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2003-10-09
Nightsong - 12 October 2012 11:52 PM

I’m not quite sure how to report bugs to y’all but I thought you’d want a heads up that renders sent to the Poser Queue Manager contain DSON clothing, but no Genesis.  I just inadvertently made a render of a ghostly swordswoman with hair and clothing but no corporeal body. raspberry

PS:  Laurie she is beautiful!!!!

Yes, genesis remains invisible with the queue manager. Clothing and hair render fine.
Rendering in separate process and background renders OK

39 of 72