OK if you are having installation issues, you could try stepping through this:
1) Have you looked through the installation instructions? If no, please go here: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_installation_requirements/tutorials/dson_installation/start
2) Are you installing to Poser 9? If yes, be sure to install the 32 bit version even on a 64 Bit machine
3) Are you making sure you install to Poser 9 or Poser Pro 2012? If no, please know the importer will only work on these versions
4) Do you have Service Release 3 installed into Poser? If no, before proceeding you will need to download and install it (Please note SR3 may not be available to everyone in all countries yet, so please check for availability)
5) Did you download and install the right installers? You will need to install:
DSON_Importer_for_Poser_126.96.36.199_Win32 - Use this for 64 Bit or 32 Bit Systems running 32 Bit Poser 9 or 32 Bit Poser Pro 2012
DSON_Importer_for_Poser_188.8.131.52_Win64 - Use this ONLY if you are running 64 Bit Poser Pro 2012
14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx - Install this no matter which Poser or Bit Version you use
14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc - Also install this no matter which Poser or Bit Version you use
6) Did you install to the application folder? If you use Windows 7 or Vista the content needs to be in a Poser content library outside the program Files/Program Files (x86) folder.
7) Are you getting a DLL error? If so, please see this post: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/9405/P390/#132419
If you have ran into something not on this list, let me know and I’ll update it so people know all the variables they can check and if I made a boo boo please let me know as well.