Digital Art Zone

72 of 72
Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser
Posted: 18 October 2012 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1066 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2005-06-23

I’m having this problem. Whenever I try to load anything in Poser 9, Mac OSX 10.6.8 (32-bit):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “/Applications/Poser 9/Downloaded/Runtime/libraries/character/DAZ Genesis Essentials/DAZ People/Basic Female.py”, line 1, in <module>
  import dson.dzdsonimporter
ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

Do the figures need to be in the same directory as the Python script? I have the Python script installed at /Applications/Poser 9/Runtime/Python/

EDIT: I re-installed and got errors while installing; I did ignore on many of them, but it looks like it was mostly installed. Still no love here.

Posted: 18 October 2012 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1067 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2007-05-14

Documentation Updates -

We will be spending the next few days clarifying points in the documents that seem confusing.  We are going through the threads and finding the areas that need tweaking.  smile  Give us a couple days, and if we are still missing anything after the weekend, please let me know.

We have also created FAQs for the following:

Installing the DSON Importer for Poser - Troubleshooting and Tips

Using the DSON Importer for Poser - Troubleshooting and Tips

We will be populating these over the next few days as well in order to help with specific points.

Thank you to everyone for your enthusiasm and to those that have spent time helping other users. 

Kat

Posted: 18 October 2012 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1068 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-06-23
DAZ_KatBriggs - 18 October 2012 08:39 AM

Documentation Updates -

We will be spending the next few days clarifying points in the documents that seem confusing.  We are going through the threads and finding the areas that need tweaking.  smile  Give us a couple days, and if we are still missing anything after the weekend, please let me know.

We have also created FAQs for the following:

Installing the DSON Importer for Poser - Troubleshooting and Tips

Using the DSON Importer for Poser - Troubleshooting and Tips

We will be populating these over the next few days as well in order to help with specific points.

Thank you to everyone for your enthusiasm and to those that have spent time helping other users. 

Kat

Thanks. This is helpful. I think it didn’t work because I didn’t upgrade to SR3.1 for the Mac. I’ll try that first.

Posted: 18 October 2012 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1069 ]
Rank
Joined  2005-06-23

Hint - for those on Mac having problems installing 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.1_dpc or 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx - they do not run as administrator, and that’s why it fails to create directories or set the appropriate permissions.

I had to do this to get it to run without errors (from Terminal):

kara$ sudo ./14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.1_dpc.app/Contents/MacOS/osx-intel

Posted: 18 October 2012 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1070 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2003-11-08

I have Poser 9 & my libraries freeze too. I’ve read this whole thread & made sure to study the first 40+ pages before I installed, so I’d do things right. I’m hoping DAZ has found a solution to this problem.

Posted: 18 October 2012 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1071 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2003-10-09
Kath13 - 18 October 2012 05:33 AM
Kerya - 18 October 2012 05:24 AM

Ehm - in DazStudio the Men of character II would be in
  Parameters Tab: “Actor : Head : Male : Real World”
  Shape Tab: “Head : Male : Real World”
I didn’t get to installing the whole fun (for redownloading and general PC cleaning reasons), but shouldn’t these morphs show up in Poser somewhere in the parameters tab? Maybe you have to select the head first?

I’ve selected both head and body and still can’t find them anywhere.

Thank the lord for happy accidents. I think I have just found my missing morphs.  ‘Genesis’ - Body -  then I clicked on ‘Head’ - ‘Male’ - ‘Real World’ in the Parameters and voila, there they were, all the time! grin What I was doing wrong was clicking on the head in the character and then trying to find them in the parameters. Oh happy days!

Posted: 18 October 2012 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1072 ]
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2007-05-14
perlk - 18 October 2012 08:59 AM

Hint - for those on Mac having problems installing 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.1_dpc or 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx - they do not run as administrator, and that’s why it fails to create directories or set the appropriate permissions.

I had to do this to get it to run without errors (from Terminal):

kara$ sudo ./14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.1_dpc.app/Contents/MacOS/osx-intel

perlk - It sounds like you are trying to install the Genesis Starter Essentials into a folder that you do not have “write” permissions to.  If this is the case, and Poser doesn’t have write permissions to that folder, when running the DSON Importer, it will not be able to write the files it needs and will give you errors.  Double check and make sure you install the content into a folder with user write permissions.  smile  Being forced to install the content as admin says this is probably a folder without these permissions.

Kat

Posted: 18 October 2012 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1073 ]
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2007-05-14
Kath13 - 18 October 2012 10:03 AM

I didn’t get to installing the whole fun (for redownloading and general PC cleaning reasons), but shouldn’t these morphs show up in Poser somewhere in the parameters tab? Maybe you have to select the head first?

Thank the lord for happy accidents. I think I have just found my missing morphs.  ‘Genesis’ - Body -  then I clicked on ‘Head’ - ‘Male’ - ‘Real World’ in the Parameters and voila, there they were, all the time! grin What I was doing wrong was clicking on the head in the character and then trying to find them in the parameters. Oh happy days!

Yes, you have to have the root selected (Genesis>Body) in order to get to the Morph Dials.  smile  I will make sure we clarify this in the documents. 

Kat

Posted: 18 October 2012 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1074 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13422
Joined  2003-10-09
Verjigorm - 18 October 2012 07:16 AM

I bought the Genesis Body Morph Resource Kit 1 as it was supposed to be dson compatable but there doesnt seem to be any way to use the morphs in poser.

I’m not seeing them either - please make a bug report on this.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 18 October 2012 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1075 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  377
Joined  2004-08-23
Richard Haseltine - 18 October 2012 12:19 PM

I bought the Genesis Body Morph Resource Kit 1 as it was supposed to be dson compatable but there doesnt seem to be any way to use the morphs in poser.

The morphs seem to already to be in the model when you load them, select the whole body and look at the morphs on the control bars!

Posted: 18 October 2012 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1076 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13422
Joined  2003-10-09
Rduda - 18 October 2012 12:22 PM
Richard Haseltine - 18 October 2012 12:19 PM

The morphs seem to already to be in the model when you load them, select the whole body and look at the morphs on the control bars!

That’s what I was doing - they aren’t under the grouping they are in DS, and don’t seem to be in any other grouping either.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 18 October 2012 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1077 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05
DAZ_KatBriggs - 18 October 2012 11:16 AM
Kath13 - 18 October 2012 10:03 AM

Yes, you have to have the root selected (Genesis>Body) in order to get to the Morph Dials.  smile  I will make sure we clarify this in the documents. 

Kat

Not all morphs will be found there. To find the expressions that came with the evolution morph bundle when it first came out, you have to select the genesis head. There are also some shaping morphs that can be found there that are not found in the body. Of course the reverse is true also, there are morphs found in the body that are not found in the head.

Posted: 18 October 2012 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1078 ]
Administrator
Rank
Joined  2007-05-14
Shawn - 18 October 2012 09:59 AM

I have Poser 9 & my libraries freeze too. I’ve read this whole thread & made sure to study the first 40+ pages before I installed, so I’d do things right. I’m hoping DAZ has found a solution to this problem.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/9860/

We have updated the DSON Importer for Poser and resolved this issue as well as a couple others.

Kat

72 of 72