Digital Art Zone

8 of 72
Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser
Posted: 11 October 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  311
Joined  2004-09-07

I knew it… people need to learn patience - Daz will always do… what needs to get done, one way… or the other. Might not happen when some of us desire it, because of red tape and all the other business rigamerole - but I knew it was going to happen.

I’ve downloaded it as well - can’t wait to give it a try!

Well done Daz3d… heh-heh - oh the things I’d love to say, but I won’t… but I’m smiling, oh yes I am.

smile

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Amber Swann Publishing Inc.
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt
3D Graphics Art Community - Google+ Join me there

Posted: 11 October 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2006-05-25
RawArt - 11 October 2012 03:23 PM

I will be working on updating my files
Unfortunately I dont have a new enough version of poser to see how this all works yet.
But I should be able to find a way to do conversions regardless.
It may take a while…so be patient with me…..I have ALOT of genesis stuff

If I had the money I’d buy you a new copy of Poser just so I could get my hands on the conversions faster! :D You do have a lot of Genesis stuff and I can hardly wait to try it all out. As soon as everything downloads (got one more DSON file but things are slowing down), I’m going to try to convert EleBeast myself and see what happens.

Signature 

~Lizzie P.
Visit Dream 9 Studios for art, graphic novels, and more.
My RDNA Store | My Renderosity Store
Facebook | Twitter | deviantART

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  995
Joined  2007-10-17
Cybersox13 - 11 October 2012 03:55 PM

So… I guess the next questions that has to be asked are:

How well does Genesis work with hair and cloth rooms? 

Cloth works. For best results collide with the sub-D bone, not the rest of the figure.

Hair is an issue because the geometry is Catmull-Clark Subdivided (Yes we shoehorned Catmull-Clark Sub-D into the importer), so the geometry you are applying the hair to is not the geometry that the hair is dealing with. smile )

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1083
Joined  2005-04-12

I am truly delighted for Poser users. I am just slightly put out that Poser users get a fully working version before Carrara users, given that Carrara is a Daz product and has been in development Beta for well over a year.  Still I’m sure we’ll get there…soon…

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  78
Joined  2007-05-14
Isikol - 11 October 2012 03:55 PM
DAZ_KatBriggs - 11 October 2012 03:52 PM
Isikol - 11 October 2012 03:50 PM

this is the error it gives me….

:O

Your image is showing a 64 bit Poser and a 32 bit error.  Uninstall the DSON Importer, and make sure you frab the 64 bit installer for it and install that.  smile

Kat

come on cat!!!! i already told you i installed the 64bit version!!!!!!!!

is there a way you mixed up the versions????

All I can do is go by the screenshot which is giving a 32bit error.  smile  And ya….I have done it myself.  LOL Looked RIGHT at the 64bit and installed 32.  So, that’s why I double-check when trying to troubleshoot.  I can’t see your PC so can only see the pic you sent.  smile

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  995
Joined  2007-10-17
PhilW - 11 October 2012 04:00 PM

I am truly delighted for Poser users. I am just slightly put out that Poser users get a fully working version before Carrara users, given that Carrara is a Daz product and has been in development Beta for well over a year.  Still I’m sure we’ll get there…soon…

You know those DSON Compatible products? That means that the files have been converted from DSA to DSON (DUF) Carrara 8.5 reads those. smile This work is not just for Poser users but Carrara users as well.

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2166
Joined  2003-10-09
LizzieP_D9S - 11 October 2012 03:59 PM

Unfortunately I dont have a new enough version of poser to see how this all works yet.

If I had the money I’d buy you a new copy of Poser just so I could get my hands on the conversions faster! :D You do have a lot of Genesis stuff and I can hardly wait to try it all out. As soon as everything downloads (got one more DSON file but things are slowing down), I’m going to try to convert EleBeast myself and see what happens.

Please let me know how it goes.
I know the textures may be off since they use d/s SSS…and poser probably wont handle that.

I am so curious…damn I wish i could run it.

Signature 

A step away from the ordinary
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rawart/

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-07-16

All I can do is go by the screenshot which is giving a 32bit error.  smile  And ya….I have done it myself.  LOL Looked RIGHT at the 64bit and installed 32.  So, that’s why I double-check when trying to troubleshoot.  I can’t see your PC so can only see the pic you sent.  smile

What about the “An errror occurred importing addon dson :” error?

Followed by
An errror occurred importing addon dson :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “D:\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis.py”, line 1, in <module>
  import dson.dzdsonimporter
  File “C:\PoserPro\Runtime\Python\addons\dson\__init__.py”, line 3, in <module>
  import dson.dzdsonimporter
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘utf8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe8 in position 37: invalid continuation byte

When you try to load genesis from the library?

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  229
Joined  2008-12-31
DAZ_KatBriggs - 11 October 2012 04:01 PM

Kat im telling you the truth here…i downloaded only the 64 bit version…i doubled and trippled checked…

and im asking you again…is there a way that you accidentally uploaded a 32bit and named it 64bit? 
does everyone gets the same files?

see?

Image Attachments
Untitled-3.jpg
 Signature 

ISIKOL AT DEVIANTART

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2011-11-11

This is awesome news, I’ve been loving using Genesis to the point where I’m very reluctant to buy gen4 content now (granted, I’m new to the scene so Genesis was out when I got started). I love the way it works and every time I do go back to gen4 stuff it just feels so much clunkier.

I’m only a DS user right now but there’s so much great Poser content out there that’s more geared toward it, or is poser-only, so it’s been a bit tempting to sway but I wasn’t going to do it if I couldn’t take my Genesis stuff with me. Now I’m thinking of giving it a try and like that I should now be able to flip between the 2 as needed.

What I’m really looking forward to is if this helps push more of the other sites/vendors to make more great Genesis content. There’s already a bit over on renderosity but you can tell it’s in the minority, I’d love to see some of the other sties getting onto the Genesis bandwagon, and now that Poser can pull the content in I’m hoping that’ll happen.

Signature 

Andrew Dacey
Photographer
Geek

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2006-05-25
RawArt - 11 October 2012 04:03 PM
LizzieP_D9S - 11 October 2012 03:59 PM

Please let me know how it goes.
I know the textures may be off since they use d/s SSS…and poser probably wont handle that.

I am so curious…damn I wish i could run it.

Poser has its own SSS which I’m quite familiar with. It’s just a matter of time! Once I get it working I’ll PM you here or at deviantART with a render. smile

Signature 

~Lizzie P.
Visit Dream 9 Studios for art, graphic novels, and more.
My RDNA Store | My Renderosity Store
Facebook | Twitter | deviantART

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2008-11-10
AndYourLittleDogToo - 11 October 2012 03:49 PM
Male-M3dia - 11 October 2012 03:37 PM

Be kind… this is my first full render that I’ve posted using Poser. I revisited my first PA product updated to Genesis, Axel M5 with some IDL and found one of those Poser logos to put on it too! It came out a bit dark, so I had to brighten it up in Photoshop. Also figured out how to create a DSON scene subset with Bluebird3D’s “A Bright Loft” (which is DS only) and imported that into Poser as well.

Nice render! I’d like to see somebody try that after running the EZSkin script.

I used the EzSkin script but adjusted the settings so I wouldn’t get that horrible wax or blown out SSS that’s not natural. This gives it a more subdued natural look which you actually want with this character.

BTW, for the Bright Loft set, did you have to adjust the bump and/or displacement for Poser, or did it look right as it was?

It looked fine for this setting.

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2004-03-03

Aww! Genesis’s proportions controls like shoulders width don’t work. Well, they do work, but Poser deforms the figure even in default pose, and more on bending.

Which isn’t DAZ’s fault, as Poser obviously still isn’t handling scaling to separate body parts right (and was the main reason why I moved from Poser to DS in 2006). I thought SR3 was finally supposed to have fixed Poser’s body part scaling problems.mad

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2005-04-05

Okay this is getting a wee bit tiring, I keep getting errored out when I try to post or load things. Or even pull up the web pages here.

DAZ_Spooky you said that morphs for genesis will already work. What I want to know is…

Does that mean that this: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=94447 and this http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=89123 will work without having to be converted to the DSON format?

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2008-11-10
DavidGB - 11 October 2012 04:09 PM

Aww! Genesis’s proportions controls like shoulders width don’t work. Well, they do work, but Poser deforms the figure even in default pose, and more on bending.

Which isn’t DAZ’s fault, as Poser obviously still isn’t handling scaling to separate body parts right (and was the main reason why I moved from Poser to DS in 2006). I thought SR3 was finally supposed to have fixed Poser’s body part scaling problems.mad

I just tried one of my Ashley characters (one of the young adult shapes) and he’s a disaster right now :(.

8 of 72