Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
Pw Plugin Problems
Posted: 10 October 2012 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

Doesn’t matter which one I use. PwEffect, PwSurface2, PwGhost, etc…I always get the same error message upon rendering.

3Delight Message #45 (Severity1): S2072: Program Files…

Can’t read the rest of it, the message cuts off. A few of the default presets won’t work. Most will even though I still get the error message, but a few won’t.

Why am I getting this message?

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 10 October 2012 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15227
Joined  2003-10-09

The rest of the text will be in the log file (Help>Troubleshooting>View log) or in the progress bar if you click the Show more button. But if they are working it will just be telling you that they were written for an older version of 3delight and for best performance should be recompiled for the current version - it’s information, not a serious problem.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 10 October 2012 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2560
Joined  2007-12-07

It continues mentioning the shader uses a different interface version and that conversion has been successful.  It also mentions that recompilation is auggested to improve performance.

What it means, I think, is that the .sdl for the shader is down-version from the version of 3Delight, but nothing bad will happen.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 10 October 2012 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1004
Joined  2012-01-29

I think it gives me a similar (or the same) message whilst rendering. How should I recompile it?

Posted: 10 October 2012 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
SimonJM - 10 October 2012 12:20 PM

It continues mentioning the shader uses a different interface version and that conversion has been successful.  It also mentions that recompilation is auggested to improve performance.

What it means, I think, is that the .sdl for the shader is down-version from the version of 3Delight, but nothing bad will happen.

That’s exactly what it means…

Proxima Shining - 10 October 2012 12:21 PM

I think it gives me a similar (or the same) message whilst rendering. How should I recompile it?

To recompile, if you are on Windows, it’s easy.  Find the folder with the .sdl files and then open a command prompt and run shaderdl.exe—recompile-sdl *.sdl

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 10 October 2012 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8229
Joined  2009-05-14
mjc1016 - 10 October 2012 01:31 PM

To recompile, if you are on Windows, it’s easy.  Find the folder with the .sdl files and then open a command prompt and run shaderdl.exe—recompile-sdl *.sdl

Ok found out how to Open a Command Prompt window by holding down Shift and Right Click but do we select the folder that the SDL’s reside in or each SDL?

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 10 October 2012 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

The sahders are recompiled on the fly - without the source code that’s the only option.

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-29

On the fly?

Image Attachments
MuscaDomestica.jpg

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
Richard Haseltine - 10 October 2012 02:21 PM

The sahders are recompiled on the fly - without the source code that’s the only option.

No, the—recompile-sdl option will PERMANENTLY recompile the shader, not ‘on the fly’ but actually write it to disk.  Overwriting the original, if there is no other shader folder set in the 3delight.ini (which DS doesn’t use).

`—recompile-sdl’
  When backward compatibility is broken, providing the `.sdl’ was compiled with the `—embed-source’ option, it is recompiled each time a render requires it, therefore slowing down the rendering process. This option makes the shader accept `.sdl’ files, recompiles them (provided it contains its own source code) and replaces them. If a path is specified instead, all `.sdl’ in it are affected. Only byte-code shaders may be updated with this option.

-d <directory>’
  Specifies the destination directory for compiled shaders. The default is the current working directory.

http://www.3delight.com/en/uploads/docs/3delight/3delight_11.html

Simple/basic shaders with common options don’t absolutely NEED to have the ‘—embed-source’ option set.  If for some reason, it can’t recompile a shader, it will throw an error message and do nothing to it, leaving the original alone. 

And yes, it can shave time off a render.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2560
Joined  2007-12-07
Szark - 10 October 2012 01:48 PM

Ok found out how to Open a Command Prompt window by holding down Shift and Right Click but do we select the folder that the SDL’s reside in or each SDL?

If shaderdl is not in the execution path then it can be found in the bin sub-directory of where the DAZStudio.exe binary resides.  To find the .sdl the full path is quoted in the error message - for pwGhost for example (as that is th eone I have on my screen at the moment) it’s in teh shaders sub-dir under the DAZStudio.exe install location.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
mjc1016 - 10 October 2012 03:14 PM

No, the—recompile-sdl option will PERMANENTLY recompile the shader, not ‘on the fly’ but actually write it to disk.  Overwriting the original, if there is no other shader folder set in the 3delight.ini (which DS doesn’t use).

True, but I meant the net result is the same - though without having to wait for the recompile each time, I suppose. It isn’t, so far as I know, a substitute for getting a new version of the shaders prepared specifically for the new version of 3delight.

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
Richard Haseltine - 10 October 2012 03:31 PM
mjc1016 - 10 October 2012 03:14 PM

True, but I meant the net result is the same - though without having to wait for the recompile each time, I suppose. It isn’t, so far as I know, a substitute for getting a new version of the shaders prepared specifically for the new version of 3delight.

When I compile my shaders, I usually use the—embed-source option, so yeah, it actually is getting the same thing (slightly bigger file size, but not too much bigger).  On a fairly simple shader, with ‘standard’ code…it doesn’t even need that.  Complex shaders, with special functions, big include files and so on, yeah, they’ll NEED the source embedded to even attempt a recompile. 

Most of the DS shaders fall in the ‘not too complex’ category.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 10 October 2012 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

OK, I’ll try to remember that in future (which may be asking a bit much).

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8229
Joined  2009-05-14
SimonJM - 10 October 2012 03:26 PM
Szark - 10 October 2012 01:48 PM

If shaderdl is not in the execution path then it can be found in the bin sub-directory of where the DAZStudio.exe binary resides.  To find the .sdl the full path is quoted in the error message - for pwGhost for example (as that is th eone I have on my screen at the moment) it’s in teh shaders sub-dir under the DAZStudio.exe install location.

I appreciate your trying to help Simon but act like your are speaking to a real dumnie when it comes to dos and command promts..ok don’t act. smile

Maybe I shouldn’t be doing this at my level of computer knowledge.

Yeah, cheers I found the shaderdl in the Bin folder nicely. But I still haven’t a clue on actually what to do to recompile these shaders.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 10 October 2012 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13

OK…look in the log file for one of those shader warnings.  That’s where you’ll find the items that need to be recompiled.

Then in Windows Explorer, navigate to that folder.

Once you are in that folder, over on the Start Menu type cmd into the Search box and hit ‘Enter’.  That will bring up a window with a black background and white text.  It should be starting in the folder you are in.  Then in that window, at the blinking cursor, type in shaderdl.exe—recompile-sdl *.sdl.  That will run on all the sdl files in that folder.  Repeat for every different folder with the warning message you find.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 11 October 2012 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-29
mjc1016 - 10 October 2012 07:38 PM

OK…look in the log file for one of those shader warnings.  That’s where you’ll find the items that need to be recompiled.

Then in Windows Explorer, navigate to that folder.

Once you are in that folder, over on the Start Menu type cmd into the Search box and hit ‘Enter’.  That will bring up a window with a black background and white text.  It should be starting in the folder you are in.  Then in that window, at the blinking cursor, type in shaderdl.exe—recompile-sdl *.sdl.  That will run on all the sdl files in that folder.  Repeat for every different folder with the warning message you find.

Cool! Even I understand it now! Thank you!!!!

1 of 3