There’s no content, when i click on a .dsf file nothing appears

Image Attachments
daz3d.jpg

Posted: 10 October 2012 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6487
Joined  2005-08-15

What version of DAZ Studio are you using?  Help > About DAZ Studio, it is the version number I am interested in, like 4.0.3.114 etc.

What operating system are you using, and did you install the Content Management Service?  If you are using Windows of some type, could you please look in the Task Manager to see if it is running.

Smart Content is only displayed for items which have Metadata, and only when the CMS is running.  If you look in the Content Library tab, you should find Genesis in DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > People > Genesis.

Since you only appear to have grey icons in the image, it looks like Genesis was not installed properly.

Posted: 10 October 2012 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

HI hike1 smile

it looks like the Daz Content Management service isn’t running.

In Windows,... you can start this from the Start menu / All programs /  Daz3D / Daz content management service ... start

This service should start automatically when your system boots up,.
If it’s the first time you’ve installed Daz Studio,. maybe rebooting will fix it.

Hope it helps smile

Posted: 10 October 2012 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4205
Joined  2011-11-25

Click control+alt+delete start up task manager and turn Daz Content Manager service from stopped to started. Restart program.

Posted: 12 October 2012 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-09-09

The content manager service is running, here’s the error.log when I click on ‘genesis.dsf’ in explorer, latest Daz 4.5?
Loading Startup Scene : C:\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Genesis.dsf
Error reading file, see log for more details.
WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 6 unknown for DzActionMgr)

Posted: 12 October 2012 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8529
Joined  2007-11-06

It looks to me like your content folders are set up incorrectly—the files under Data are not supposed to be visible in the Content Library.  Can you go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand both the DS-format and Poser-format sections, and post a screenshot?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products