Digital Art Zone

COPY AND PASTE FIGURE
Posted: 09 October 2012 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2012-02-17

I am trying to paste a model I have made. I am already using him in Daz and just want to copy and paste him, along with all of his clothing into the same Daz Studio scene. I would like to repeat this process a few times so that there are multiple clones in the scene at the same time. When I go to edit and choose copy figure when he is selected, I then paste into figures but its not showing up. Same with other copy and paste options. I am not seeing him anywhere.

Any ideas?

Posted: 10 October 2012 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7645
Joined  2009-05-14

Daz Studio cannot duplicate object via Copy and Paste.

1: You can save the Figure and clothing as a Scene (if it is part of a bigger scene then use the save as “Scene Subset” command. It is dead easy to follow and do) then you world use the “Merge” command to merge another figure in to the scene.

2: If you want clones, exact copies without the ability to move any parts then Daz Studio 4.5 now has “Instancing” in the “Create” menu. This will make one or as many copies you want. You can move (and will have to place them around yourself) and scale them interdependently from the source figure. But if you change the source figure all the instances will change too.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 10 October 2012 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13654
Joined  2003-10-09

Copy and paste works for settings, not actual items. What you can do is, if you want all copies to have the same pose, create an instance (same materials too) or geometry shell (can have different materials) - both are in the Create menu. If you are going to want to vary the poses then use File>Save as>Scene Subset… to save figure and clothes, then merge that saved set into the scene as needed.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list