Ok, you have dowloaded a cool Morph, BUT...

Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,075
edited October 2012 in The Commons

...it morphs Genesis's entire body. Head, body, everything. It has unwanted nipple morphs and a belly button you don't want. There is absolutely NO option to change just the body and keep the head or vise versa. But let's say you want to keep the head and return the body back to Genesis default body along with no nipples or belly button. That way, you can use whatever you want instead of it's morphed body.

I have that problem. Can anyone help me solve this problem, please?

Thank you. :)

Post edited by Knight22179 on
«1

Comments

  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 7,705
    edited December 1969

    If it is an FBM there isn't much hope...other than using something like the DieTrying pack or Ramwolff's morphs to 'offset' things like nipples/body shape. Then you can save that out as another FBM.

  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 3,637
    edited December 1969

    Out of curiosity, what morph is this?

  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 3,300
    edited December 1969

    ...it morphs Genesis's entire body. Head, body, everything. It has unwanted nipple morphs and a belly button you don't want. There is absolutely NO option to change just the body and keep the head or vise versa. But let's say you want to keep the head and return the body back to Genesis default body along with no nipples or belly button. That way, you can use whatever you want instead of it's morphed body.

    I have that problem. Can anyone help me solve this problem, please?

    Thank you. :)

    I wish all body morphs had a separate head dial as well. The rest of the stuff usually isn't a biggie, but I hate it when you can't just use a head or body.

  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

    The ONLY solution I can offer is one involving the use of ZBrush, unfortunately.

    If you have ZBrush, then you load Genesis into ZBrush WITHOUT the morph and save it as a Morph Target.

    Then you load the morphed Genesis figure into ZBrush and Press Tool>Morph Target>Switch.

    Use the Morph Brush to paint back those areas that you want restored to the original mesh.

    Then you can save it out as a morph with all the other places restored to the original Genesis.

    If you don't have ZBrush, I am sorry but I thought this may help others who have the same problem who DO have ZBrush

  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,075
    edited December 1969

    Zev0 said:
    Out of curiosity, what morph is this?

    It's a celebrity morph that makes Genesis look like Megan Fox. Highly accurate. But, it's no longer available as the creator removed it from ShareCG (otherwise, I'd give you a link).

    I have managed to "almost" change the body back to Genesis default and get my own body on it. But there is still that nipple and belly button problem. I've tried everything I could think of. I can reduce their size, make them not as prominant, but not totally get rid of them.

    And I had hoped someone here knew some tricks to get rid of them.

  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,075
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:
    The ONLY solution I can offer is one involving the use of ZBrush, unfortunately.

    If you have ZBrush, then you load Genesis into ZBrush WITHOUT the morph and save it as a Morph Target.

    Then you load the morphed Genesis figure into ZBrush and Press Tool>Morph Target>Switch.

    Use the Morph Brush to paint back those areas that you want restored to the original mesh.

    Then you can save it out as a morph with all the other places restored to the original Genesis.

    If you don't have ZBrush, I am sorry but I thought this may help others who have the same problem who DO have ZBrush

    Sorry, I don't have ZBrush. Been thinking of getting it. All I have is Hexigon 2.5. No clue if it can do something similar.

    But hey, thanks for the tip. I'll bookmark this for later just in case I do get Zbrush one of these days. :)

  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,075
    edited December 1969

    ...it morphs Genesis's entire body. Head, body, everything. It has unwanted nipple morphs and a belly button you don't want. There is absolutely NO option to change just the body and keep the head or vise versa. But let's say you want to keep the head and return the body back to Genesis default body along with no nipples or belly button. That way, you can use whatever you want instead of it's morphed body.

    I have that problem. Can anyone help me solve this problem, please?

    Thank you. :)

    I wish all body morphs had a separate head dial as well. The rest of the stuff usually isn't a biggie, but I hate it when you can't just use a head or body.

    As do I. Thankfully, this is not a problem 98% of the time. But there is, unfortunately, the occasional morph that does these things.

  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

    Sorry, I don't have ZBrush. Been thinking of getting it. All I have is Hexagon 2.5. No clue if it can do something similar.

    But hey, thanks for the tip. I'll bookmark this for later just in case I do get Zbrush one of these days. :)

    If you look at my sig, I have a number of tutorials about making morphs including some info regarding ZBrush use you may find helpful, then.

    Sorry I can't be more help. :/

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited October 2012

    you could send the megan morphed genesis to hexagon and create a morph that works with the megan morph to get rid of the nipples and bellie. - that's what i'd do anyways.

    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,075
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:
    Sorry, I don't have ZBrush. Been thinking of getting it. All I have is Hexagon 2.5. No clue if it can do something similar.

    But hey, thanks for the tip. I'll bookmark this for later just in case I do get Zbrush one of these days. :)

    If you look at my sig, I have a number of tutorials about making morphs including some info regarding ZBrush use you may find helpful, then.

    Sorry I can't be more help. :/

    THat's ok RKane. :)

    Maybe I can learn to do in Hexigon. Just have to learn how...

    Oh and already bookmarked your Tutorial on creating morphs. Great stuff there! :)

  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,075
    edited December 1969

    Spyro said:
    you could send the megan morphed genesis to hexagon and create a morph that works with the megan morph to get rid of the nipples and bellie. - that's what i'd do anyways.

    Ahhh, gonna have to learn how to do that. :)

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    It's pretty simple once you've done it a few times.

    1 - In Daz, load op default Genesis. morph genesis with the morph you want to alter.*
    *Don't pose the character or dial up any other morphs. Normally to make your own morph, you would have no morphs dialed up.
    2 - In surfaces tab, switch OFF smoothing and In parameters set Resolution to "Base Resolution"
    3 - File>Send to Hexagon.**
    ** Do not close or alter anything in daz.
    4 - Edit the mesh to your hearts content. Making what ever morphs you wish.
    5 - In hexagon, when your happy with your morph, (Do save it as a hexagon file as you progress, so that nothing is lost in the event of a freeze or crash) Send back to Daz.
    6 - In Daz you will have a window pop up, asking you to make it a morph. Enter the appropiate details and the morph is created on the figure.
    7 - Dial up the morph you have just created and see that it all works. At this stage depending on how extreme the morph is, you may wish to adjust the rigging and what not.
    8 - When happy with the morph, dial to 0.
    9 - File>Save As>Morph Asset, Set what type of morph this is for the category, name it something original so nothing is saved over. I generally do something like "SPYNoNipples" for example.
    10 - All done. This is generally what you do to make a personal morph. I'm sure there are many more steps to be able to release as a freebie that will work on anothers computer... But for a personal morph library, It works good.

    11 - Load up a fresh Genesis. Your morph should be there, in what ever category you saved it to. :)

  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 4,951
    edited December 1969

    Of course Zev0 and many others would know more about this than I do, and if they wish to elaborate on anything listed or add any extra steps, I'm all ears myself! :cheese:

  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,075
    edited December 1969

    Thanks, Spyro! :)

  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited October 2012

    I used Hexagon originally to make the tutorial in my sig about making full body morphs.

    You may or may not find some helpful info there but most of what Spyro said sums it all up very nicely.

    Ever since I got ZBrush I turned my attention it exclusively. It fills me with awe but also trepidation. The learning curve is steep but what can be accomplished with it is amazing.

    Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,540
    edited October 2012

    Yea, part of the reason why Bruno is taking so long. I wanted to offer Bruno fully morphed but then decided that it's best to create the body morphs and the Bruno heads as separate offerings in the pack (there will be 3 along with 7 body shapes). I think as time goes on more and more folks will "get" that supplying a body shape and a head shape is really the way to go. I did this with my 7 female body shapes (now updated and ready for download in my thread in the Freepozitory). Some of us, I think, just get overly excited and do it all and then think "ooops and oh well" but for me, as a freebie provider, I'm not on any monetary deadline so stuff gets released when it's done and "I'M" happy! lol

    Supposedly there is a way to import in the Full body morph and Genesis default on a separate layer in ZBrush and somehow restore the face. I think Richard Haseltine did a brief outline on how to do this but I can't find the thread on how to even go about starting this. His explanation was more about my needing to create a morph target for when the arms are bent all the way up for creating left and right morph targets but I'll bet it could be altered to achieve this desire of yours Knight.

    Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

    Take a look at my thread about full body morphs that I have linked in my sig.

    The second post goes into what I learned in ZBrush, Wolffie.

    I haven't TRIED that particular maneuver but I recorded and documented the steps discussed there.

  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

    Zev0 said:
    Out of curiosity, what morph is this?

    It's a celebrity morph that makes Genesis look like Megan Fox. Highly accurate. But, it's no longer available as the creator removed it from ShareCG (otherwise, I'd give you a link).

    I don't think he removed it of his own free will, it was more a case of remove it or else.
    There is very little info on how to properly do a morph for Genesis, as result a few people have been caught out and either built theirs on top of DAZ or someone elses morphs without removing those morphs from the shape before saving or have included other peoples morphs with theirs (btw this includes GenX morphs), and over the past month or so DAZ have been going through them all looking for which ones are legal and which ones aren't.
    Megan was the latter, she came with DAZ morphs, V5 body, V5 head and V4 head, saved into the same folder as the Megan morph, so it was only a matter of time before DAZ jumped on it.

  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 19,859
    edited December 1969

    ZBrush isn't the only tool that will allow you to selectively apply a morph. modo will do it, and more usefully, so will Blender as far as I know.

  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

    Bejaymac said:
    Zev0 said:
    Out of curiosity, what morph is this?

    It's a celebrity morph that makes Genesis look like Megan Fox. Highly accurate. But, it's no longer available as the creator removed it from ShareCG (otherwise, I'd give you a link).

    I don't think he removed it of his own free will, it was more a case of remove it or else.
    There is very little info on how to properly do a morph for Genesis, as result a few people have been caught out and either built theirs on top of DAZ or someone elses morphs without removing those morphs from the shape before saving or have included other peoples morphs with theirs (btw this includes GenX morphs), and over the past month or so DAZ have been going through them all looking for which ones are legal and which ones aren't.
    Megan was the latter, she came with DAZ morphs, V5 body, V5 head and V4 head, saved into the same folder as the Megan morph, so it was only a matter of time before DAZ jumped on it.

    Umm ... has this been verified by anyone? I have heard a rumor that he was contacted by the folks representing Megan Fox who didn't want it used for Poser Porn and took exception to it.

    As for making morphs having very little info on it and it being hard.... um, please refer to the links in my sig. Its not all that hard, really. Honestly. Either with Deformers or with Hexagon 2.5 which is free or a more complex tool like ZBrush, it is a matter of reading,m following the instructions and getting it done.

    Had you heard DAZ took exception to it or was that a rumor you heard too? I am actually interested to find the truth about it, now. Cause if Megan Fox DOESN'T give a poop about her likeness, I may try some celebrity morphs too. :)

  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:
    Umm ... has this been verified by anyone? I have heard a rumor that he was contacted by the folks representing Megan Fox who didn't want it used for Poser Porn and took exception to it.

    As for making morphs having very little info on it and it being hard.... um, please refer to the links in my sig. Its not all that hard, really. Honestly. Either with Deformers or with Hexagon 2.5 which is free or a more complex tool like ZBrush, it is a matter of reading,m following the instructions and getting it done.

    Had you heard DAZ took exception to it or was that a rumor you heard too? I am actually interested to find the truth about it, now. Cause if Megan Fox DOESN'T give a poop about her likeness, I may try some celebrity morphs too. :)

    No idea if her people jumped all over it or not, all I know is that an email I got from someone at DAZ said they were looking at the legality of a few of the free morphs, and since that email a couple of the morphs at shareCG have been pulled, one of those that has gone was the warrior princess, it was built on V5 and Gen4/GenX converted V4 morphs, I mouthed off about this one in a thread which is why I got that email :) (got my post deleted at the same time).

  • creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:
    Sorry, I don't have ZBrush. Been thinking of getting it. All I have is Hexagon 2.5. No clue if it can do something similar.

    But hey, thanks for the tip. I'll bookmark this for later just in case I do get Zbrush one of these days. :)

    If you look at my sig, I have a number of tutorials about making morphs including some info regarding ZBrush use you may find helpful, then.

    Sorry I can't be more help. :/

    Hey, where are your Zbrush tutorials? i can't find them.
    It's only about old daz programs that i don't use anymore.
    where are the zbrush tutors?
    thank you

  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:
    Sorry, I don't have ZBrush. Been thinking of getting it. All I have is Hexagon 2.5. No clue if it can do something similar.

    But hey, thanks for the tip. I'll bookmark this for later just in case I do get Zbrush one of these days. :)

    If you look at my sig, I have a number of tutorials about making morphs including some info regarding ZBrush use you may find helpful, then.

    Sorry I can't be more help. :/

    Hey, where are your Zbrush tutorials? i can't find them.
    It's only about old daz programs that i don't use anymore.
    where are the zbrush tutors?
    thank you

    Aah... well, I still use DAZ Studio and the tutorials are about how those two can work together to make morphs FOR Daz Studio.

    Sooooo... prolly not gonna be much help to you.

    In the first link, the tutorial for Full Body Morphs goes into info regarding ZBrush in the second post of the thread.

  • edited December 1969

    My strategy is to size the morphed character so that neck and feet level are the same as base Genesis. Save as .obj. Then via code merge this .obj with the base .obj such that the latter shape is used only above (or only below) an elevation mid-neck level. But you will probably still need to smooth out the neck in an app.

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,540
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:
    Take a look at my thread about full body morphs that I have linked in my sig.

    The second post goes into what I learned in ZBrush, Wolffie.

    I haven't TRIED that particular maneuver but I recorded and documented the steps discussed there.

    *HUGGLES* :P

  • creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:
    In the first link, the tutorial for Full Body Morphs goes into info regarding ZBrush in the second post of the thread.

    but that is a tutorial about hexagon and dazstudio.

    where are the tutorials about dazstudio and zbrush?
    i only need new dazstudio 4.5 an zbrush 4 tutorials, no tutorials about other old dated daz programs.
    where can i find please?
    anyone available to create some tutorials?
    PDF or VIDEO, yes please.

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 5,540
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:

    Umm ... has this been verified by anyone? I have heard a rumor that he was contacted by the folks representing Megan Fox who didn't want it used for Poser Porn and took exception to it.

    As for making morphs having very little info on it and it being hard.... um, please refer to the links in my sig. Its not all that hard, really. Honestly. Either with Deformers or with Hexagon 2.5 which is free or a more complex tool like ZBrush, it is a matter of reading,m following the instructions and getting it done.

    Had you heard DAZ took exception to it or was that a rumor you heard too? I am actually interested to find the truth about it, now. Cause if Megan Fox DOESN'T give a poop about her likeness, I may try some celebrity morphs too. :)

    Nope, it's NOT hard but getting your work flow can be a bit dunderly. Always remember to set Genesis at the Base resolution, that's a must.

    Something new I've discovered in ZBrush: If your going to mask off parts of the body but want to divide it up a couple of times for better work resolution Divide first and then mask then you can set the division to 1 or 3 all you want and the mask reacts correctly. If you do masking first and then divide up you loose your UV's and that tells me that's a no no! Hard to really explain other than that. Try it and you'll find out. I usually mask the hands, feet and head if I'm working on the body to keep them from smoothing out. Without the mask, doesn't matter what I try it will smooth out these areas causing shrinkage. I think it has something to do with dividing the mesh up to a higher resolution and then back down again. Even turning off the Smooth button (SMT) will cause slight smoothing of the mesh.. remember IN MY FINDINGS so far. Masking off these areas I've found ZERO smoothing of these areas.

  • DWGDWG Posts: 772
    edited December 1969

    Low Tech solution: I was looking at the contents of Genesis FBMs recently and it looks like specific areas of the body equate to specific deltas, which would mean it should be possible to edit out the areas you aren't interested in in a text editor. OTOH given there are circa 10k deltas in an FBM, it might be best to build a utility to do that. Of course you would also need to pin down the precise delta ranges for each body part and edit the rest of the .dsf to match, but it offers the potential for breaking down FBMs into not just Head and Body, but individual limbs.

  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,075
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:
    Bejaymac said:
    Zev0 said:
    Out of curiosity, what morph is this?

    It's a celebrity morph that makes Genesis look like Megan Fox. Highly accurate. But, it's no longer available as the creator removed it from ShareCG (otherwise, I'd give you a link).

    I don't think he removed it of his own free will, it was more a case of remove it or else.
    There is very little info on how to properly do a morph for Genesis, as result a few people have been caught out and either built theirs on top of DAZ or someone elses morphs without removing those morphs from the shape before saving or have included other peoples morphs with theirs (btw this includes GenX morphs), and over the past month or so DAZ have been going through them all looking for which ones are legal and which ones aren't.
    Megan was the latter, she came with DAZ morphs, V5 body, V5 head and V4 head, saved into the same folder as the Megan morph, so it was only a matter of time before DAZ jumped on it.

    Umm ... has this been verified by anyone? I have heard a rumor that he was contacted by the folks representing Megan Fox who didn't want it used for Poser Porn and took exception to it.

    As for making morphs having very little info on it and it being hard.... um, please refer to the links in my sig. Its not all that hard, really. Honestly. Either with Deformers or with Hexagon 2.5 which is free or a more complex tool like ZBrush, it is a matter of reading,m following the instructions and getting it done.

    Had you heard DAZ took exception to it or was that a rumor you heard too? I am actually interested to find the truth about it, now. Cause if Megan Fox DOESN'T give a poop about her likeness, I may try some celebrity morphs too. :)

    The creator said it was the skin texture that was copyrighted and tis why he removed it. Said the morph itself was free too and said nothing about that part being taken from V5.

  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 1,150
    edited December 1969

    RKane_1 said:
    In the first link, the tutorial for Full Body Morphs goes into info regarding ZBrush in the second post of the thread.

    but that is a tutorial about hexagon and dazstudio.

    where are the tutorials about dazstudio and zbrush?
    i only need new dazstudio 4.5 an zbrush 4 tutorials, no tutorials about other old dated daz programs.
    where can i find please?
    anyone available to create some tutorials?
    PDF or VIDEO, yes please.

    As I mentioned, read the second post. It doesn't matter what mordeller you use for the first part, as long as you are comfortable with your modeller, respect not changing the vertices count, and can import and export easily.

    I used Hexagon for the pics in the first tutorial but then I moved to ZBrush later. The second post in the thread goes into what I found working with it and what tricks I have discovered. There is also a link to several locations out there where you can find more like video tutorials and such regarding ZBrush.

    I'm not holding out on you regarding the tutorials. I pointed you in the right direction but you didn't read it through.

    :)

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel