Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Dark Raven Reloaded- Question
Posted: 09 October 2012 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4205
Joined  2011-11-25

I bought dark raven reloaded, and in the promo art, has the male outfi has sort of a dark cloth covering his chest like a t-shirt. Is this a shirt I’m missing in the set?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dark-raven-reloaded?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Dark+Raven+Reloaded&utm_content=Hottest+Show+In+Town&utm_campaign=Hottest+Show+In+Town+10_09_12

Posted: 09 October 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

Could it be a ‘let’s show some cleavage’ morph?

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 09 October 2012 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

You beat me to it SereneKnight! I was gonna ask this question.

Try as I might, I cannot find any morph to close up the shirt like it shows in the promos, leaving my men with an open shirt that is more fitting for a woman than a man.

Does anyone know if there is some way to close up the shirt?

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 09 October 2012 02:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
mjc1016 - 09 October 2012 01:57 PM

Could it be a ‘let’s show some cleavage’ morph?

Actually, there is a morph like that, but it only opens the shirt wider and doesn’t close it.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 09 October 2012 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

And I don’t know if there is a missing piece to this outfit or not. Seems like it, though. From the promos, I should be able to accomplish the same look on my men but I can’t. I just don’t see an option for it. :(

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 09 October 2012 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  533
Joined  0

The cleavage morph can close the gap - but not completely. It still leaves a V neck opening.

There are also some zipper morphs that don’t seem to do anything. At least not for me anyway - the zipper doesn’t move from its default position.

Posted: 09 October 2012 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3369
Joined  2009-08-05

Looks like an underlying piece of clothing from another set. The suit does not fully close. It narrows yes, but doesn’t close fully..

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 09 October 2012 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

That sucks. downer

But hey, I have ways to fix that. I know of a few tricks. cool smile

And it’s such a cool outfit. wink

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 09 October 2012 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4205
Joined  2011-11-25

Its a great outfit, and I’ll still keep it, but…. I wish the undershirt option was available- for both genders. It would add more versatility to the outfit, and it looks a bit odd on male genesis…

Posted: 10 October 2012 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3369
Joined  2009-08-05

Just use a vest from another set and set it to black via material shader or texture. I’m sure you can find a freebie somewhere.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 11 October 2012 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  749
Joined  2005-12-12
Gone - 09 October 2012 02:15 PM

The cleavage morph can close the gap - but not completely. It still leaves a V neck opening.

There are also some zipper morphs that don’t seem to do anything. At least not for me anyway - the zipper doesn’t move from its default position.

If you increase the limits (and ideally the sensitivity) for the Zipper morphs, like, a LOT, you can get it to move. Although it only moves the small…metal…thingy…OK this is where my English capabilities end ^^ Now that I think about it, my native language, too :/

Well, what I mean is I don’t even see the point to those morphs, not sure if they are working as intended. Even if you increase the limits they don’t seem to do anything physically reasonable :D

And why are those extra morphs not even mentioned on the product page? I mean it’s still a point in the item’s favor, right?

Posted: 11 October 2012 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Quick Tip: Just use the Genesis K4 Tankini as the undershirt. You all have it with your install.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 11 October 2012 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16
Jaderail - 11 October 2012 08:33 AM

Quick Tip: Just use the Genesis K4 Tankini as the undershirt. You all have it with your install.

Hey, I didn’t even think of that. I would have just cropped the biggest image I could of the Dark Raven’s texture and pasted lots of those on a blank huge page in the GIMP (and create a bump map too). Then copy/paste the texture of the outfit to the torso of Genesis. Then in diffuse, get rid of the texture then seek out the one I messed with and paste it there. Boom. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 08 October 2013 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2005-10-28

So was that the solution?  Create an undershirt from another product?  I just bought this outfit—specifically because of the (now alleged) male fit.  Wish I had seen this thread earlier….

Posted: 08 October 2013 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2662
Joined  2004-04-25

Dark Raven was originally created for V4.  The Reloaded version was created for Genesis but the vendor still seemed to be aiming the outfit primarily at the female Genesis rather than the male. 

You can kit bash and use the Genesis K4 Tankini which is part of the Genesis Starter Essentials and therefore comes with DS.  You can retexture it but try simply changing the diffuse surface setting from white to black to see if that works.

Another way is to create a second skin texture for the torso.

Signature 

“...not world enough nor time…” 

Posted: 08 October 2013 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  87
Joined  2005-10-28

Gah!  I rarely return items, but the promos for this are genuinely disingenuous.  I saw the earlier solution about using the K4 clothing item.  That didn’t work well for me, so I used the shirt from Hardcore M4.  But I still don’t like it…

I’ll mull it over a bit more…

Image Attachments
Evoluton-Test-14.jpgEvoluton_Test_12.pngEvoluton_Test_13.png

1 of 2