Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Have I bitten off more than I can chew?
Posted: 14 October 2012 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1493
Joined  2012-08-31

I’m feeling pretty good today too. I just finished my low polygon basic figure. I optimised my previous low polygon figure, got rid of any N-polys and significantly streamlined the hands from their previous polygon soup. I could go even few polygons but he’d start to look pretty blocky and lose some of his anatomical definition.

The majority of the polygons are in the head just so I could get more versatility with head shaping but even still he only clocks in at 1502 polygons.

He even looks good in most genesis clothing.

I call him Mr. Lo.

Image Attachments
mr_low_1.jpg

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2012-09-27

Looking very good. smile

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-08-31

Trying to make a decent looking butt with as few polygons as possible was the second hardest part (hands being the hardest).

Sadly the figure lacks the polygons in the chest to make decent looking female breasts so I’ll have to make a second figure for female morphs. I have a feeling making low polygon breasts is going to be even harder than making a low polygon butt.

Image Attachments
mr_low_2.jpg

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

Heheehee…  the Lowren figures better watch out. New player in town. Just for info http://www.daz3d.com/shop/lorenzo-and-loretta-bundle

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 14 October 2012 11:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-08-31

Doing tests now to see if it’s easier to sculpt masks and apply them to a Genesis body instead of making a morph. The face on this beastie is just a mask, not a morph.

I think unless you absolutely need the extra geometry of the mask it’s best just to make your beasties as morphs. Maybe do a half and half.

That said I think I could literally spend the rest of my days happily sculpting monsters.

Image Attachments
monster_test.jpg

Posted: 17 October 2012 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  368
Joined  2012-09-27

A pair of renders…

Image Attachments
1a.jpg1aq1.jpg

2 of 2