Digital Art Zone

3 of 5
question about omnifreaker Shaders and skin in Daz studio
Posted: 12 October 2012 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2012-07-29

ho my .....welcome to the world of 3d I say to myself

so what oh earth kind of computer do I need to get to use your wonderful features ?

Posted: 12 October 2012 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-29

still I wander the scene I saw in this thered looks way over complex than the simple scene I was trying to render

Image Attachments
1.jpg

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  796
Joined  2012-02-12

Your computer is OK for what I’ve seen and you have 50Gb free on C which should be enough for now.

What makes your render time so long is that you’re using Uberenvironnement with a shading rate at 0.20.

Try a value like 8 then decrease if the quality of the shadows are not good enough

One other thing you can do is also check your render settings. There’s also a shading rate there. Put it at 1 and decrease only if needed.

In your logs the only proplem I saw some broken morph that you should reinstall or it is old morph that should be updated. No idea as I don’t have the products

Last thing. Disable reflection and fresnel on your skin, we’re no reflective surface aren’t we? I also disble translucency as it shouldn’t be needed if the settings are correct

Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 13 October 2012 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-29
Takeo.Kensei - 12 October 2012 03:30 PM

Hi and welcome

Are you sure you have 50Gb free space on C drive? If that is the case I find it strange. i never had that problem
Anyway what you can do is moving the temp folder of DS4.5 as well as the DSON cache
To do that File->Preference and at the bottom of the opened window you can customize the Temporary folder and the DSON cache folder
Put something like D:\Temp\DS4temp and D:\temp\DS4DSON or whatever folder you like provided there is enough space

I’d also recommend to empty the two old folders to free space on your C drive

well after changing the path inside daz to d : like you told me to it’s still creating the folders inside c:/ app data but now it’s also creating them in d ....:(

the new paths I changed to were D:/AppData
I’m starting to think I’m too stupid for this program

Posted: 13 October 2012 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-29
Takeo.Kensei - 13 October 2012 03:24 AM

Your computer is OK for what I’ve seen and you have 50Gb free on C which should be enough for now.

What makes your render time so long is that you’re using Uberenvironnement with a shading rate at 0.20.

Try a value like 8 then decrease if the quality of the shadows are not good enough

One other thing you can do is also check your render settings. There’s also a shading rate there. Put it at 1 and decrease only if needed.

In your logs the only proplem I saw some broken morph that you should reinstall or it is old morph that should be updated. No idea as I don’t have the products

Last thing. Disable reflection and fresnel on your skin, we’re no reflective surface aren’t we? I also disble translucency as it shouldn’t be needed if the settings are correct

If I do all this then I’m loosing all the quality of the skin and lights.
my render setting were set to the default one of daz without even clicking the advanced panel

I now changed shading rate to 1 in the light . btw this is a different model than the one I posted the images of in the start of my post so the skin settings are different ones . and by looking a them reflection and Fresnel are off

now doing another render but by the look of it it’s stuck after 10 minutes the picture is still black .

Posted: 13 October 2012 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3420
Joined  2007-06-22

The DS default settings aren’t neccesarily the best.
Hair slows up renders ALOT when using Uberenvironment. Applying the Uber shader and turning off occlusion will help.

These are some settings for the Uberenvironment, its about where I start.

Image Attachments
uberlightsettings1.JPG

Posted: 13 October 2012 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8313
Joined  2009-05-14
scorpio64dragon - 13 October 2012 07:12 AM

The DS default settings aren’t neccesarily the best.
Hair slows up renders ALOT when using Uber. Applying the Uber shader and turning off occlusion will help.

These are some settings for the Uber, its about where I start.

There is nothing there to indicate the long render times.

Next to look at are your Advanced Render Settings (should look like the pic below) Can you post a screen shot of the scene and the render settings please.

Image Attachments
Renderset.jpg
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 13 October 2012 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-29

now when I load daz this is the picture I see and it takes long to load

Image Attachments
tiredofdaz.jpggrr.png

Posted: 13 October 2012 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3420
Joined  2007-06-22

Hide the hair in the render and see if the image renders anyquicker like that.

Posted: 13 October 2012 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-29

so all my models going to be bold from now on ? smile

going to try this but don’t think this is the problem
I need some break ! going to walk my dog and by cigarets than will come back keep on fighting with this program . I must say never had this kind of problems with any program I ever used this is a new challenge for me

Posted: 13 October 2012 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

For a start your Max Ray Trace Depth can be lowered to 1 or 0 if you don’t have any reflections, refraction or Indirect Light. So drop it to 0 leaving the hair on and see what happens

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Facebook

Posted: 13 October 2012 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-29

trying this now, but the weird thing is a few months ago - I was rendering just fine with much complex scenes and much higher settings

I think its conflict between files is what i’m having
or the fact the latest update of my graphic card is set to beta version and not normal stable one.

and thank you ..sorry it just I struggle with the program already a few months , it got to a point I’m about to lose it smile

could it be the problem is installed in c:program files
and not c : program files X86
I do own 64 bit

and please… can some one guide me on how to do a complete clean uninstall to daz and reinstall it to the new version
there is a guide of adam on how to do this but it’s talking about daz 3 and not 4.5
after doing it so many times I probably screwed up something and now after updating to the latest version all my smart content is gone only my library content shows
even after I did import data to all my content

I have daz folder inside C driver - program files
I also have a daz folder inside C program file 86 X common files
and also inside program data
before I install a new version do I need to delete them or not ?

Image Attachments
not-giving-up.pngcatgirl.jpgmarina2.jpg

Posted: 13 October 2012 08:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
RedHeadLilith - 13 October 2012 08:10 AM

trying this now, but the weird thing is a few months ago - I was rendering just fine with much complex scenes and much higher settings

Yep I am finding that myself.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

Facebook

Posted: 13 October 2012 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-29

what you said did worked I lowered the max trace to 0 and it worked, but the result well just looks not good compering to what i was able to render a few months ago

Image Attachments
1.jpg

Posted: 13 October 2012 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-07-29

ok so after browsing on the forums I came across this :

On the Content Library tab, click on the Options menu (the rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner) and choose “Content DB Maintenance” > “Re-Import Metadata”.

If that doesn’t fix it:

Make sure you Stop the CMS before uninstalling it, and either delete the databases or install them to a different location when you reinstall DS4.  When you start up DS4, if you are not prompted to import the metadata, do the Re-Import described above.

How do you stop/start the DAZ Content Management Service?

Go to the circular icon on the bottom left hand corner in windows and navigate to the folder containing the CMS. There is a link you can click which starts the CMS and one to stop it as well as the uninstall link.

I never did it like this all the times I uninstalled and updated to the latest version of daz I never stopped my CMS before uninstalling it what makes me to think this is what making most of my problems , now install them to a different location when you reinstall DS4 not sure what this means ... where else can I install it to now?

3 of 5