Ram Requirements for rendering
Posted: 17 October 2012 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7859
Joined  2009-05-14
Takeo.Kensei - 16 October 2012 05:30 PM
Szark - 16 October 2012 05:06 AM

I know 2GB isn’ t much but I have 3.25 and I have had the same problem since DS4.5.0.114 to the latest build.

Can someone explain to me why I can’t render a simope scene made in DS4.5.0.114 or latter but I can render that same scene in DS4.5.0.049 RC2 and not DS4.5.0.114 and later. Oh simple things like one clothed Genesis I can render with out crashing, as soon as I add say the new PC Pickup, render crash and burn.

Same computer same everything, just rolled back until I hit the stable version, which for me is DS4.5.0.49 RC 2.

Everything is up to date, drivers, C++ etc. Grahpics card HD5450 has never been a problem before.

Since no one could help before when I posted this I will have to either not use Daz Studio and go on to Poser 8 or roll back to DS4.5.0.49 RC 2 in the meantime. But it is getting to the stage where I am losing my temper with it and for me that is saying something

I think there’s a problem with the recent 32bit version. The 64bit works without problem on my comp (W7 64bit 12 Gigs Ram)
I cant’t render with any of the two last 32bit official build. It crashes.
I’ll make another test with an other PC

Thanks Takeo

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 18 October 2012 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  745
Joined  2012-02-12

You’re welcome Szark.

Status is following.

On my Desktop PC I saw once that DAZ had a problem with SYSWOW64. So I did some Windows updates and after reboot DS4.5 32 bit was a bit better. I managed to render some little scenes as well as a bigger scene that took 1,5 Gigs memory. However I also had some random crashs and also had the “memory error” message once. And I never had that with the 64 bit version. As it crashes randomly on little and mid scenes and I have more than enough RAM, I’m pretty sure that there is something. The odd thing is that some windows updates did arrange the thing a little bit or I had no luck the other day.

On my notebook Quadcore i7 Win7, 8 Gb Ram and 2 Gb Nvidia Quadro I tried 3 times to open some little scene and to render, without success till now.

I’ll go on testing and tell you what I get.

The only thing I’m sure of is that the 32 bit RC1 didn’t have these problems so going back to RC1 or RC2 could be a good idea if they were working for you

Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 19 October 2012 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7859
Joined  2009-05-14

Yeah I have been doing some testing myself. DS4.5.1.6

I made a simple scene using Genesis, Supersuit, Cape, ground plane, cube and Pickup. 3 Unber spots and Uber Environment. Tried to render the scene at mid quality settings for both Uber and render settings….crashed every-time. Tried really low settings and still crashed

I then turned off SubD for Genesis and Supersuit, crash
Removed displacement and reflections for Supersuit and Cape, crashed
Removed Genesis and clothing, rendered every-time.
Decimated Genesis and clothing, imported the Decimated OBJ in to the scene and it renders when it feels like it but I does render out at fairly high quality.

The weird part about all this is that the background of this image I am making which I am rendering separately took 14 hours to render and not one crash. But it didn’t have much geometry in the scene.

So yeah I am at a loss to what is going wrong still.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

2 of 2