Considering that there’s a long thread here on rendering superheroes, I thought I might start another one in which we just talk about them for the fun of it. Let’s just discuss the following:
1. Which (or what sort of) superheroes/superheroines appeal the most to you, and why?
2. Which (or what sort of) superheroes/superheroines turn you off, and why?
3. What sort of things do you look for in a superhero/ine? Is appearance everything to you, or how ‘badass’ s/he is (as in how good s/he is against his/her foes), or the kind of person s/he is (morally impeccable like Superman, or bad-tempered like the Hulk, or arrogant like Namor etc), or the concept of the superhero/ine (whether s/he’s a mutant, magic-based, uses all sorts of futuristic gadgets, is a god/dess etc), or a bit of all these?
4. If YOU could have FOUR superpowers, what would they be?
5. Have you ever dreamt of superheroes/superheroines in your sleep?
Please don’t feel that you have to answer all the questions above (and feel free to bring in your own discussion topics as long as they’re about those guys and gals in comic books running/swimming/flying around in spandex ). I have my own answers, but for now how about sharing yours first?
1. I would have to say what appeals most to me about a superhero/heroine is their conviction. do they have an unwavering belief that what they are doing is right? I am not saying anything about having doubts about HOW to do but that WHAT they are doing is right and just. Frank Castle and Batman are examples of what I am saying
2. What really turns me off is an excessive amount of cleavage and bare legs on women! To me, that’s an immediate turn off. Sorry, but I don’t like Super-Heroines looking like hookers when their costumes are nothing more than eye candy. Others love it, but I hate it. I also hate high heels. Why on EARTH would any super-hero wear high heels, especially if they have superspeed?! Makes ZERO sense to me! Do you know how hard it is to run in those things?! She’d be getting sprained ankles all the time! Oh, and I HATE the color combination of green and red together. That’s another turn off for me. Looks soooooooooo UGLY!
BUT I LOVE THE EYE CANDY!! Seriously you do have a point, I love the look but as far as functionality I am sure that running or fighting in high heels would be a HUGE pain in the backside! You are right on all the exposed skin to an extent as well, but if you could wear something that would provide a distraction to the male libido while you are beating him to a pulp, it sounds like a check in the plus column to me. My biggest thing right now is the whole Boob window for Power Girl. I love her old costume and really like the direction of her new one, bring back the boob window and it would be perfect! I love the flat heels that are integrated into the suit!
3. I kind of touched upon this already. I look for a little bit of everything. I like heroes who have a good moral ground and I usually hate arrogant show offs like DC’s Guy Gardner or arrogant pricks like Monet St. Croix.
I don’t know a little bit of ego can be cool Love Downy’s portrayal of Tony Stark in the Iron Man and Avengers movies. It is just about the perfect amount of attitude and ego to be a real winning combo.
4. My four powers would be Intangibility, the ability to project a bubble that once someone left it they would forget that they interacted or even saw me, The ability to mimic anyone or anything perfectly as long as it was a living, intelligent being. I guess that excludes mimicing a politician huh?
5. I dream of being chased by a big busted Superheroine with a boob window leotard, bare legged, thigh high boots with high heels and opera gloves…Does that count?