Digital Art Zone

3 of 8
Normal ... make it and render it. Render, morph and texture challenge with prizes! [CHALLENGE!]
Posted: 08 October 2012 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3114
Joined  2007-06-22
RKane_1 - 07 October 2012 10:20 PM

Nice, Virtual_World!

I would love to get the Man in the Mirror morphs for Genesis.

Nice Texture, too! smile

I like the composition in the above, Kendall. It’s good but I can’t see a lot of detail on the figures, unfortunately. I would prefer a little closer subjects so that I can more clearly adjudicate their… er… normalcy.  smile

The Man in the Mirror morphs Gen X over nicely.

Posted: 08 October 2012 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  395
Joined  2005-08-23

“Pretty is nice, but still it’s just pretty! Perfect, my dear, is MEEEEEEEEE!”

Sorry, had to be said. raspberry Cool theme; I think I may have an entry soon…

Signature 

My RuntimeDNA Store
My Renderosity Gallery
My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 08 October 2012 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3114
Joined  2007-06-22

This is one of the Man in the Mirror morphs via Gen X on Genesis mixed in with some of RawArt’s Kumar morph; the texture is Raw’s Kumar as well.

Image Attachments
Face-1.jpg

Posted: 08 October 2012 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  848
Joined  2005-11-06

Interesting thread, i had just read it yesterday and then had to hit Walmart and saw this very scenario and thought of a render, LOL

Entitled “DO THESE JEANS MAKE MY BUTT LOOK BIG??”

Both genesis and luxrender,

Normal really depends on the circle of people you hang around also. Most the the people I hang with are from the mens club scene and working out, so my normal isn’t far off from perfect looking V4s

Image Attachments
buttjeans.jpg
 Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 08 October 2012 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  794
Joined  2008-04-29

This is fun. I love creating characters. Can we enter more than once? cheese

Genesis character morphs created by me spinning dials.
Products used:
His texture is mostly Yago for M4, added Ulrich’s eybrows. His teeth are Agnes’ (kind of yellow.) He’s wearing M4 Urban Wear top with Fabricator knit texture and my diffuse color
Her texture is Gabriella for V5. She has Classic Rolled Hair for Genesis. Her outfit is Summer Night. The earrings are for Summer Dress, Breezy texture.
St Micheal’s Gate in background.

Image Attachments
tourists.jpg
 Signature 

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
My deviantART gallery: http://lucia45.deviantart.com/

Posted: 08 October 2012 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1155
Joined  2005-07-29

Billy is awesomesauce. Good render too! Nice texture!

Good goin’ Laticis!

What textures and morphs did you use?

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  606
Joined  2012-02-07
FSMCDesigns - 08 October 2012 03:08 PM

“DO THESE JEANS MAKE MY BUTT LOOK BIG??”

“You ask that question like it’s a bad thing.”

——

Anyways, “normal” is a rather subjective thing but I’d argue that not only do most people not fit into the optimized V4s, even the people who do interact with athletes and models probably get a bit more variance.  Then you chalk in all the social and cultural differences that cause some differences in standards of beauty and the conversation changes up a bit in interesting ways.

——

Hmm, I had an idea for the contest entry but now I’m slightly leaning away from it.  However, that would leave me without a valid entry.

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29
Luci45 - 08 October 2012 06:02 PM

This is fun. I love creating characters. Can we enter more than once? cheese

Genesis character morphs created by me spinning dials.
Products used:
His texture is mostly Yago for M4, added Ulrich’s eybrows. His teeth are Agnes’ (kind of yellow.) He’s wearing M4 Urban Wear top with Fabricator knit texture and my diffuse color
Her texture is Gabriella for V5. She has Classic Rolled Hair for Genesis. Her outfit is Summer Night. The earrings are for Summer Dress, Breezy texture.
St Micheal’s Gate in background.

Wow! Awesome job! This i what i am talking about. Looks like a couple you might bump into in the neighborhood.

You CAN enter more than once but… I will only award one prize per person… but if you have more in the running, then you have a better chance of placing. smile

Signature 

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1

Posted: 09 October 2012 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29
ZamuelNow - 08 October 2012 07:10 PM
FSMCDesigns - 08 October 2012 03:08 PM

“DO THESE JEANS MAKE MY BUTT LOOK BIG??”

“You ask that question like it’s a bad thing.”

Ain’t nuttin’ wrong wit a little buttermilk in da biscuit! smile

Anyways, “normal” is a rather subjective thing but I’d argue that not only do most people not fit into the optimized V4s, even the people who do interact with athletes and models probably get a bit more variance.  Then you chalk in all the social and cultural differences that cause some differences in standards of beauty and the conversation changes up a bit in interesting ways.

While this is true, it is also true that nearly all the models sold are either near perfect model types OR hideously deformed. I would LOVE to have Man in the Mirror or I am for Genesis without the need to import thru GenX. I don’t have the older generation 4 stuff for 4.2 and the morphs involved bought up and I don’t own GenX. I would even love just a straight translation of those so I wouldn’t have to invest in all the morphs and then GenX just to get them when they could be made affordable to me by offering them in a pack that I am sure would sell well while the Genesis fervor is here. Not to mention how well they would sell if DAZ manages to pull off Genesis for Poser. (Not holding my breath but silently hoping.)

Hmm, I had an idea for the contest entry but now I’m slightly leaning away from it.  However, that would leave me without a valid entry.

What was your idea and what would make you lean away from it? Now you have me interested, darn you! *chuckle*

Signature 

Posted: 09 October 2012 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  606
Joined  2012-02-07
RKane_1 - 09 October 2012 06:34 PM

While this is true, it is also true that nearly all the models sold are either near perfect model types OR hideously deformed.

I’d argue that some of the supposedly “perfect” models are mildly unnerving but I’ve been trying to avoid that rant thread. 

What was your idea and what would make you lean away from it? Now you have me interested, darn you! *chuckle*

I think the base idea is still decent, I was just thinking the potential model/morph might be “too good” based upon current submissions.  Granted, my thought process operates a little bit differently.  While the attached image isn’t the morph I was going to use, it was suggested that I post it as an NAE and I felt the image didn’t suit the thread.

Image Attachments
Portrait_2.jpg
 Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 09 October 2012 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29
ZamuelNow - 09 October 2012 09:31 PM

While this is true, it is also true that nearly all the models sold are either near perfect model types OR hideously deformed.

I’d argue that some of the supposedly “perfect” models are mildly unnerving but I’ve been trying to avoid that rant thread. 

See my comment below. *smile*

I think the base idea is still decent, I was just thinking the potential model/morph might be “too good” based upon current submissions.  Granted, my thought process operates a little bit differently.  While the attached image isn’t the morph I was going to use, it was suggested that I post it as an NAE and I felt the image didn’t suit the thread.

I like her. I think she is pretty but still somewhat earthy and does not seem like the supermodel type at all. Normal doesn’t mean ugly, but it doesn’t mean super-hyper-anorexic figure that still somehow supports and hug rack with a minuscule nose, huge eyes, and lips that need to be deflated.

Mind you, she is a bit on the pretty side with a great complexion. So she is pushing it but is still a good submission. Maybe if you showed the rest of her?

smile

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2176
Joined  2012-02-04

Products Used (From DAZ unless otherwise specified)
DAZ Studio 4.5 Beta
DAZ Studio distant lights and UE2
Genesis
Candace for S5 morphs
Evolution Head and Body Morphs
DieTrying’s 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis (ShareCG)
Nigel for M5 textures, modified in Photoshop to add moles
Hampton Hair, diffuse modified coordinate color with brows
Summer Casuals Sun Hat
Juggler for V4
The Fabricator
Heatherlee knits copper cable texture for The Fabricator (ShareCG)
Wilmap’s assorted textures 2 for The Fabricator (ShareCG)
Jewels of Architecture SE: Orientalia Vol 1 fabric texture for shawl
Background photo I took in Denver Botanic Garden

Image Attachments
Normal_Person_1.jpg

Posted: 10 October 2012 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

VERY well done. I like it. Well thought out and executed!

Good job, barbult!

smile

Signature 

Posted: 10 October 2012 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4124
Joined  2011-11-25
RKane_1 - 09 October 2012 09:41 PM
ZamuelNow - 09 October 2012 09:31 PM

See my comment below. *smile*

I like her. I think she is pretty but still somewhat earthy and does not seem like the supermodel type at all. Normal doesn’t mean ugly, but it doesn’t mean super-hyper-anorexic figure that still somehow supports and hug rack with a minuscule nose, huge eyes, and lips that need to be deflated.

Mind you, she is a bit on the pretty side with a great complexion. So she is pushing it but is still a good submission. Maybe if you showed the rest of her?

smile

Agreed. Normal for me is not ugly although it could be,  Normal is people you might see everyday on the street and they could even be nice-looking in a hometown sort of way.

Posted: 10 October 2012 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29
SereneNight - 10 October 2012 05:25 PM

Agreed. Normal for me is not ugly although it could be,  Normal is people you might see everyday on the street and they could even be nice-looking in a hometown sort of way.

Agreed… people can be TOO pretty which is what I often see in here in the forums. Fantasy is cool and all but I need a little normal in my fantasy too.

Signature 

3 of 8