Digital Art Zone

1 of 8
Normal ... make it and render it. Render, morph and texture challenge with prizes! [CHALLENGE!]
Posted: 07 October 2012 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1104
Joined  2005-07-29

It occurs to me that almost every single character I have seen here is, well, a highly unusual specimen of genetic perfection or a genetic misfit scarred by God knows what horrible radiation accident.

Where are my normal people at? Where are my accountants? Where are my over-spray-tanned soccer moms? Where are the Women of Walmart? Where is the college nerd who really wants to ask that foreign exchange student? Where is the father of four who works the 9 to 5 at UPS with a beer gut and memories of his high school glory days?

Where is the mediocrity which is the world around us?

Pretty is not a bad thing, they can be pretty but…. not TOO pretty. Let’s see some flaws!

The challenge? Make and render a normal-looking human being as the central figure or one of the main central figures of the render. They may be subjected to something unusual in the render, be among god-like people,  or be just going about their everyday life but… make an ordinary human being.

The winner as decided by me, will enjoy a $10 DAZ gift certificate purchased by me. Two runners up will get $5 and four will get $2.50. (Yep, I am so sick of super-normal, I am investing $30 of my own money here. smile )

Submissions start now and end November 16th when I will take a look at all the submissions.

Posters must include the name of any products used and where they purchased from them. Extra points will be awarded for hand-done morphs and textures.

Get to rendering!

AND THE WINNER’S ARE…

And I added a few more honorable mentions. If you know how to award gift certiuficates without email addresses being shared, let me know. Otherwise, send me your email address for your rewards!

$10 - First Place: Post#88 - Luci45
$5 - Runner Up: Post#79 - ZamuelNow
$5 - Runner Up: Post#78 - Scott Livingston
$2.50 - Honorable Mention - Post #81 - IVSMA
$2.50 - Honorable Mention - Post#74 - fivecat
$2.50 - Honorable Mention - Post#62 - SereneNight
$2.50 - Honorable Mention -Post #35 - Luci45
$2.50 - Honorable Mention - Post#34 - FMSC Design
$2.50 - Honorable Mention -Post#28 - Laticis

Signature 

<End of transmission from Oz>
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Applying Shaders by RKane_1 (as stolen blatantly from Jaderail)

Posted: 07 October 2012 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1069
Joined  2006-04-16

Heh heh. Clark Kent. Does this count? wink

Image Attachments
CJK.jpg
 Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 07 October 2012 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

Nope… pretty boy with glasses does not count. Give him a weak jaw, a decidely over-sized nose, a paunch and slouched shoulders and then maybe…. nah, he’d still be too pretty. Not to mention, his complexion is flawless.

Sorry, Knight. No go.

Signature 

TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis/G2F/G2M Full Body Morph for DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 by RKane_1
TUTORIAL - Creating a Genesis Partial Body Morph in DAZ Studio Pro 4 Using the DForm Tool by RKane_1

Posted: 07 October 2012 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13

You’re on…

Normal, huh?

I can do normal…although I think the hard part is going to be finding ‘normal’ clothes…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 07 October 2012 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1069
Joined  2006-04-16

*LOL* Tis ok, RKane. I was just joking anyway. Please don’t take this the wrong way, I just meant it all in good fun. wink

I’ll stop now. smile

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 07 October 2012 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29
Knight22179 - 07 October 2012 07:15 PM

*LOL* Tis ok, RKane. I was just joking anyway. Please don’t take this the wrong way, I just meant it all in good fun. wink

I’ll stop now. smile

Nope, sorry. I am horribly offended. Your only way out of this now is poetry about sausage. It’s the only way I will accept an apology.

Sorry, those are my terms and I will hold my breath until you do.

P.S. Haiku or Iambic Pentameter are both tolerable.

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

*GASP!*

I passed out..,. what were we talking about again?

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17

Photo-real, stylized, or toon?

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 07 October 2012 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29
Kendall Sears - 07 October 2012 07:28 PM

Photo-real, stylized, or toon?

Kendall

I prefer real but some stylized is okay as long as it is not too overboard. Toon would be too easy. My desire is to come away with this with a more realistic set of characters usable for realistic renders which would be nice.

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2004-09-11

This is not an entry; but I would like to contribute this render because I love the theme of your contest….

Image Attachments
Render-4.jpg
 Signature 

MY DAZ STORE
PicoBytes game

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

This is NAE as well but you mean stuff like this?

Image Attachments
Jeffero.jpg
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29
Virtual_World - 07 October 2012 08:31 PM

This is not an entry; but I would like to contribute this render because I love the theme of your contest….

Now THAT is what I am talking about! What did you use on the face and texture? Are these original morphs and textures or did you use store-bought and, if so, which?

FANTASTIC! PERFECT! WOOT!

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-07-29

These are good entries. Remember, normal does not necessarily mean boring. Lighting and camera angle are still important and I expect some artistic flair but these guys are perfect and right up the alley of what I was looking for.

Thanks, guys.

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

Okay, Now I have a idea what to do. smile

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 07 October 2012 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  584
Joined  2012-02-07

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
Will need some time to decide
Got some ideas

Hmm, but skin textures
May cause some difficulties
No sausage for you

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 07 October 2012 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2004-09-11
RKane_1 - 07 October 2012 08:42 PM
Virtual_World - 07 October 2012 08:31 PM

Now THAT is what I am talking about! What did you use on the face and texture? Are these original morphs and textures or did you use store-bought and, if so, which?

FANTASTIC! PERFECT! WOOT!

Thank you!

This is one of the morphs included in The Man in the Mirror and the skin is from Brock (below are the links)
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-man-in-the-mirror
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/people/men/brock-for-the-freak-4

Signature 

MY DAZ STORE
PicoBytes game

1 of 8