Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
What a difference a day makes ...
Posted: 12 October 2012 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13

The stand alone 3Delight is the version of the renderer that isn’t connected with Studio.  The version of 3Delight included in DS4.5 is ‘unlocked’, meaning it can use as many cores as your computer has (in your case that would be 4…well, 8, because your i7 has 4 physical cores and 4 ‘virtual’ cores).  So, it would seem like it would be a lot slower to use, but because it is running without the overhead of DS 4.5 it can do the same job more efficiently…and nearly or in some cases, faster.

It also allows you to ‘free up’ DS4.5 for other things while rendering.

Using it, though, is considered an ‘advanced technique’.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3049
Joined  2004-04-14
RedHeadLilith - 12 October 2012 07:47 PM
mjc1016 - 12 October 2012 09:19 AM

Great render…

Now grab the stand alone 3Delight and try it again…

may I ask what is this stand alone you talk about?

BTW very amazing render and also my patient is very low !

Stand alone 3Delight can be downloaded from here - http://www.3delight.com/en/index.php

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 13 October 2012 03:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2012-02-12

Nice Rencer Simon and nice patience too. I never go above one hour unless I know it’s necessary. I always think there’s a way to build the scene so that it renders efficiently.

mjc1016 - 12 October 2012 10:33 PM

The stand alone 3Delight is the version of the renderer that isn’t connected with Studio.  The version of 3Delight included in DS4.5 is ‘unlocked’, meaning it can use as many cores as your computer has (in your case that would be 4…well, 8, because your i7 has 4 physical cores and 4 ‘virtual’ cores).  So, it would seem like it would be a lot slower to use, but because it is running without the overhead of DS 4.5 it can do the same job more efficiently…and nearly or in some cases, faster.

It also allows you to ‘free up’ DS4.5 for other things while rendering.

Using it, though, is considered an ‘advanced technique’.

There may be a problem with the actual available 3delight build as it’s the one that caused problems with area light and not the one we actually have in DS. I also didn’t get speed increase in rendertimes but that may be because I’m on Windows. I’ve seen computations test where Linux is clearly better at computation tasks which may explain that

Signature 

My Deviant Art

Posted: 13 October 2012 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2629
Joined  2007-12-07

Thanks, glad you all like it.

The standalone mentioned is the 3Delight render engine that DAZ uses.  It comes in various forms - for PC, MAC and *nix.  By telling DAZ to output to RIB (an option of the Advanced section of Render options) you can get DAZ to output a file that can be read by this stanadlone version of 3Delight.

Advantages are that doing so is very quick - creating the RIB for the above scene took less than a minute.  Once done you can continue doing other things in DAZ Studio (even when the standalone render is running - but see later!)

Disadvantages are that the basic, free version fo the standalone program is limited to using just 2 cores of your computer so will not be using the same amount of work to the process.

The *nix version purportedly ‘flies through’ the render process.  I am guessing the other versions are also more efficient, but I do not know how.  The disadvantage of only using 2 of the cores is balanced by the efficiency of runnng by itself, not under the control of an other program (such as DAZ Studio).  How that balance works in practice may well depend upon, to a degree, the make-up of the scene in question.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 14 October 2012 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2012-07-29

thank you for the answer . smile sound a little bit complex to my so far understanding about Daz . but was curious to know what it is .

2 of 2