9 of 100
Why Is My Pie Crust Still Frozen Complaint Thread
Posted: 08 October 2012 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6259
Joined  2003-10-09
Skiriki - 08 October 2012 05:25 PM

Complaint: went to bed to catch some Zs, and BAM! Migraine to skull. Bad enough to need medication + caffeine combo… at 2 am. I’m doomed.

I inherited my Mom’s allergies.
My older brother got that plus Dad’s migraines which hit him almost daily.
Dad got relief from cafergot. He eventually stopped having them at around 65.
Nothing helps my brother’s migraines. He just lies down in a dark, quiet room until the pain is bearable.

Do you get the “aura” type visual warning before they hit? Sending healing thoughts your way.

On a personal note, my problem has hit full-blown head cold. Not fun, but doesn’t compare to migraine.

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
“I hope that after I die, people will say of me: ‘That guy sure owed me a lot of money.’” - Jack Handey

Posted: 08 October 2012 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11002
Joined  2005-10-07
Spyro - 08 October 2012 06:11 PM

I have a problem.

The 2nd spear (The Right), the bent one, which I UV mapped successfully has a issue in DAZ with its smoothing. Its gone all spastic on me and I not sure how to fix it. (NOTE. There is NO smoothing applied to the original model in 3ds Max, this is ALL Daz error)

i can only speak a lil bit of DS4, used it for a few months.  the smoothing is on the shader settings.

Signature 

°  °   °   °   °   ° Ye Olde RealmsGalaxies

Posted: 08 October 2012 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-07
tjohn - 08 October 2012 06:19 PM
Skiriki - 08 October 2012 05:25 PM

Complaint: went to bed to catch some Zs, and BAM! Migraine to skull. Bad enough to need medication + caffeine combo… at 2 am. I’m doomed.

Nothing helps my brother’s migraines. He just lies down in a dark, quiet room until the pain is bearable.

Do you get the “aura” type visual warning before they hit? Sending healing thoughts your way.

On a personal note, my problem has hit full-blown head cold. Not fun, but doesn’t compare to migraine.

in the ppb i was reading the other night, the character said eating eggs gave her migraines.

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4914
Joined  2009-02-26
Misty Whisky - 08 October 2012 06:21 PM

I have a problem.

The 2nd spear (The Right), the bent one, which I UV mapped successfully has a issue in DAZ with its smoothing. Its gone all spastic on me and I not sure how to fix it. (NOTE. There is NO smoothing applied to the original model in 3ds Max, this is ALL Daz error)

i can only speak a lil bit of DS4, used it for a few months.  the smoothing is on the shader settings.

Yeah, the only settings for smoothing I can find is Smoothing On/Off :(

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 08 October 2012 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-07
Spyro - 08 October 2012 06:37 PM
Misty Whisky - 08 October 2012 06:21 PM

I have a problem.

Yeah, the only settings for smoothing I can find is Smoothing On/Off :(

there’s no percentage setting anywhere?

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8006
Joined  2004-07-21

I am trying to decide if I need another blanket or not.

Note to Misty Whisky, I started a DA page http://missbadwolf.deviantart.com/  Do you have one of your own?  if so do you have a link?  I know I only have two renders in it but I will add more when I have a chance.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 08 October 2012 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

no theres just smooth on/off and angle (angle of smoothing is not my issue)

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-07
Miss Bad Wolf - 08 October 2012 06:47 PM

I am trying to decide if I need another blanket or not.

Note to Misty Whisky, I started a DA page http://missbadwolf.deviantart.com/  Do you have one of your own?  if so do you have a link?  I know I only have two renders in it but I will add more when I have a chance.

i don’t do DA. 

but, it’s pretty popular.  i think you can sell art prints there.

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04
Spyro - 08 October 2012 06:13 PM

WHY???? LOL! you WILL be AWAKE if you do that

Capsaicin in chili peppers is a known use for pain relief. smile

tjohn - 08 October 2012 06:19 PM

That sucks. :(

No; mine are mostly related to blood pressure and hormonal fluctuation which jacks up my blood pressure; if I get any aura-sort of migraine (it is like a disco snake dancing in my eyes, endlessly coiling on itself and fragmenting the world into uneven, colored chess board), it is a baaaaaaaaaad sign, as then I can prepare for migraine full of suck. Full with vomiting, lie-in-the-dark, everybody-shut-the-eff-up, leave-me-alone-forever. This? More manageable.

The usual triggers for it are aforementioned once-a-month happenings, or, scents. Specifically very chemical, industrial sort of scents (such as lots of detergents tend to have) or tobacco smoke. *BAM* Every time I walk into a fancy mall, I have to be careful about what entrance I use, because if I wade through the Chemical Warfare Section (also known as perfumes), I risk it something fierce. Household supplies to some lesser degree, since people rarely want to spray that stuff on themselves as a test, but some bottles and containers still leak the smell out.

Get better soo… I mean, fast. smile

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8006
Joined  2004-07-21

My back hurts and I do not feel like I post enough on these forums.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Play Runescape

Posted: 08 October 2012 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26
Miss Bad Wolf - 08 October 2012 07:37 PM

My back hurts and I do not feel like I post enough on these forums.

I think you post enough. But you don’t tend to post any 3d all that often though.

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I have a complaint…

I’m really dissapointed with my Facebook friends… (Not Wendy of course)... But the people I know offline, even family. I like to post my art and stuff there as well as here and on DA. FB lacks really bad the comments/feedback or even the simple ‘like’ !! I posted on my FB a link to my DA for the first time which I newly added heaps of stuff and not one of the hundred family or friends has even looked at it, no comment, no like, except a relative that mistook it as a game I made LOL (Obvious however, she didn’t click it).

It just makes me wonder if any of them care! I have everyone here who I’ve never even met offline and they all at least say a word here and there. What gives? I starting to dislike facebook in general.

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7956
Joined  2009-06-11
Spyro - 08 October 2012 09:03 PM

I have a complaint…

I’m really dissapointed with my Facebook friends… (Not Wendy of course)... But the people I know offline, even family. I like to post my art and stuff there as well as here and on DA. FB lacks really bad the comments/feedback or even the simple ‘like’ !! I posted on my FB a link to my DA for the first time which I newly added heaps of stuff and not one of the hundred family or friends has even looked at it, no comment, no like, except a relative that mistook it as a game I made LOL (Obvious however, she didn’t click it).

It just makes me wonder if any of them care! I have everyone here who I’ve never even met offline and they all at least say a word here and there. What gives? I starting to dislike facebook in general.

Don’t do FB otherwise I would

Image Attachments
likes.png

Posted: 08 October 2012 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7956
Joined  2009-06-11

I have a problem.

Are the ridges geometry or displacement of some kind?  Better to use bump/normal/displacement maps for detail you can get finer control for less effort. (looks like a slight self-shadow artifact on that which may indicate coplanar polys, hard to tell without a few more angles on the object)  wink

Posted: 08 October 2012 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2125
Joined  2008-01-02

@MissBadWolf
You post a lot, don’t worry XD
Like Spyro said, you don’t post a lot of renders or WIPs, but you do make a lot of general-purpose posts. Not a bad thing no, but you shouldn’t worry about feeling like you don’t post enough XD
Mmm….  I have my own little refrigerator in my room D:
I was very surprised when I walked in for the first time and saw it X3
Although not nearly as much as when I saw this for the first time:
http://kazirede.deviantart.com/art/Wow-again-118694019
(For those of you who don’t know, that’s Pokemon. Yep. For real and for-truly it is D:
If only the TV series had that sort of awesome in it, the show wouldn’t have turned out to be a total FLOP after the second season. Which is too bad, because besides Black/White, the games have been getting better and better while the show just gets worse and worse.)

*Edit* I think it’s actually kinda cool how it can turn its wings into hands like that D:
A very useful ability =3
*edit 2*  Meh removed the image.  If you want to see a creepy shadow-dragon with glowing eyes, and demon-like wings in an E-Rated game, then click the link ^_^

Signature 

Former owner of 9,600+ posts.
404 Raptor not Found. Additionally, an error has occured while trying to display this error message. Please contact your dromaeosaur provider and reboot your raptor.
My gallery~  http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/5858

9 of 100