RawArt News and Updates
Posted: 31 May 2012 01:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04
The AntFarm - 30 May 2012 09:11 PM

Progress!!!!! That’s encouraging

Yeah, I’ll squeal with joy when they get “sort by latest post” instead of “original post date” working. smile

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 01 June 2012 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  554
Joined  2007-01-20

Thank you Rawn for Elebeast.  As promised here is my very first render with him.  I really love this character and look forward to doing more with him.  (Sorry for the small image size.  Looks better larger but I had enough trouble getting one image uploaded today.)

Image Attachments
Elebeast2.jpg

Posted: 02 June 2012 01:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2009-06-17

Well I just bought the Raw Oagre.  It looks really cool.  The mats are great, and I like that the heads are separate!

I finally found it on this Daz3d.com WIP site and dared to check out with it.

There were some problems, however.

I’m not blaming RawArt (as PA’s don’t do the QA!)  for the following just putting it here for anyone who cannot locate the Oagres -

It took me about five minutes to find the Oagres in Daz Studio (and I know my way around DS).

The content locations are completely messed up!

I found it in the content library under Shader Presets and doesn’t come up under smart content except under Products (which I have never liked to use because it has a mess of problems - especially older content).

This is a minor problem today, but messed up content locations become big problems later on (when one has forgotten solutions found months earlier…)

I am NOT using RC1 yet, and that may be part of the problem, but all products should work on their CURRENT STABLE software.  Plus who knows what DS 4.5 is going to cost, If I switch all my content to it and get it running and then find out I have to PAY to keep using it I will probably burst a blood vessel!

But, including how MESSED up the site is (it took me jumping through a lot of hoops to buy this) I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised…

Sorry for ranting on your forum RawArt,  It’s not your fault. 

Great job RawArt the Oagres are really cool.  Not so great job Daz!  Very disappointing.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Gallery http://namrettek.deviantart.com/

Posted: 02 June 2012 03:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Er… 4.5 will be free. At least that’s the impression I got from test announcements.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 02 June 2012 06:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2208
Joined  2003-10-09
3DProclivity - 01 June 2012 08:54 PM

Thank you Rawn for Elebeast.  As promised here is my very first render with him.  I really love this character and look forward to doing more with him.  (Sorry for the small image size.  Looks better larger but I had enough trouble getting one image uploaded today.)

Amazing picture 3DProclivity!!!!

I totally Love it!

Signature 

A step away from the ordinary
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rawart/

Posted: 02 June 2012 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
namrettek - 02 June 2012 01:48 AM

Well I just bought the Raw Oagre.  It looks really cool.  The mats are great, and I like that the heads are separate!

I finally found it on this Daz3d.com WIP site and dared to check out with it.

There were some problems, however.

I’m not blaming RawArt (as PA’s don’t do the QA!)  for the following just putting it here for anyone who cannot locate the Oagres -

It took me about five minutes to find the Oagres in Daz Studio (and I know my way around DS).

The content locations are completely messed up!

I found it in the content library under Shader Presets and doesn’t come up under smart content except under Products (which I have never liked to use because it has a mess of problems - especially older content).

This is a minor problem today, but messed up content locations become big problems later on (when one has forgotten solutions found months earlier…)

I am NOT using RC1 yet, and that may be part of the problem, but all products should work on their CURRENT STABLE software.  Plus who knows what DS 4.5 is going to cost, If I switch all my content to it and get it running and then find out I have to PAY to keep using it I will probably burst a blood vessel!

But, including how MESSED up the site is (it took me jumping through a lot of hoops to buy this) I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised…

Sorry for ranting on your forum RawArt,  It’s not your fault. 

Great job RawArt the Oagres are really cool.  Not so great job Daz!  Very disappointing.

I am sorry you ran into issues with the product. I have sent a note off to DAZ’s qa to double check the settings.
The files should be found in “My Library/presets/characters/RawArt/Raw_Oagre”
(thats where all my sets are supposed to be)

Rawn

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2009-06-17

No need for you to be sorry RawArt.  I know PA’s don’t do the final adjustments (and even if you did it should be caught during quality control!!). I just wanted to let you know so Daz knew to fix the problem.  Then I kind of went off on a tirade. Sorry about that.

I spent about 20 minutes trying to find Oagres, get it into my cart, and purchase it.  (From clicking on the newsletter ad no less!!),
I’m sure it is frustrating for you to try to sell stuff from a website that isn’t really working!

Well,  I did get to play with it for a little while and tried out painting some hair on it.  Not quite there yet, but I am getting better at painting hair.

The Oagre is really great.  The skin is fantastic with nice details.  and once I found it had no troubles with it at all.

Image Attachments
Oagrewbeard3_small.jpg
 Signature 

My DeviantArt Gallery http://namrettek.deviantart.com/

Posted: 02 June 2012 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3232
Joined  2007-06-22

Oh thats just adorable.

Posted: 02 June 2012 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
namrettek - 02 June 2012 07:28 AM

No need for you to be sorry RawArt.  I know PA’s don’t do the final adjustments (and even if you did it should be caught during quality control!!). I just wanted to let you know so Daz knew to fix the problem.  Then I kind of went off on a tirade. Sorry about that.

I spent about 20 minutes trying to find Oagres, get it into my cart, and purchase it.  (From clicking on the newsletter ad no less!!),
I’m sure it is frustrating for you to try to sell stuff from a website that isn’t really working!

Well,  I did get to play with it for a little while and tried out painting some hair on it.  Not quite there yet, but I am getting better at painting hair.

The Oagre is really great.  The skin is fantastic with nice details.  and once I found it had no troubles with it at all.

Hah!...the hair looks great!

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04

Cute fella!

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 02 June 2012 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-22

A couple I’ve been playing with

Image Attachments
Oagre3.jpg
Oagre2.jpg

Posted: 02 June 2012 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
scorpio64dragon - 02 June 2012 10:17 AM

A couple I’ve been playing with

Very cool scorpio64dragon!

I love that couple shot….such an unlikely couple (makes it all the more touching)

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2012 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Laughed my butt off to the first one. :D

Second one reminds me of Order of the Stick and origins of Therkla, the half-orc assassin.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 02 June 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  554
Joined  2007-01-20
RawArt - 02 June 2012 06:14 AM
3DProclivity - 01 June 2012 08:54 PM

Amazing picture 3DProclivity!!!!

I totally Love it!

Glad you like it. smile

You are welcome to use it to promote Elebeast.

(BTW, the background image is not a render.  It is a cropped version of a photo released to the public domain by Larisa Larisa.  Attribution is not required but I just have to give her credit.  It was the perfect shot by itself and ideal for what I wanted to accomplish with this amazing character.)

Posted: 03 June 2012 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-22

Another Oagre

Image remove for image size. Please refer to this for details. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewforum/98/

Smaller version

Image Attachments
Oagre1sm.jpg

6 of 7

[ YAYYY      oh now we can post ]