Digital Art Zone

3 of 3
The best skimpwear defence ever
Posted: 09 October 2012 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07
ZamuelNow - 08 October 2012 11:07 PM

Well, here’s an interesting proof of concept that decided to present itself: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/la-robe-de-gala/72815
Casual shirt and a bra/halter top thing presented in the main promo image.  The actual product is a dress.  Simple material zones more or less created 3 different things to use ranging within the covered and skimpy spectrum.  Granted this is V4 rather than Genesis but the actual example is still perfectly sound.

Its GOT to be the wrong main promo image. Everything is about a dress CR2 and mats - only the main promo image is a top & pants. Now if Rendo offered a money-back guarantee I’d snap it up in a sec just in case.

But no - methinks mistak-o.

EDIT: ... or the tops are dress mats and the pants aren’t included. Its simply not possible geometrically speaking for a dress to become pants, much like I will never be a millionaire.

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 09 October 2012 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  611
Joined  2012-02-07

Oh, I figured the pants weren’t included.  There’d have to be some insane dark sorcery going on to pull that off.  I’ll probably ask the vendor to clarify but I figured those were simple material zones since the geometry looks similar.

*quietly sticks “poorly explained promos” in rant file and locks shut*

Signature 

Black is Beautiful II - a repository of links and rendering tips for darker skinned characters

Posted: 09 October 2012 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4966
Joined  2008-03-06

I’m perfectly in favor of scanty clothing, sort of scanty clothing or full-on heavy armor, provided there is parity.

It’s when a female outfit is an exploitative parody of a functional male outfit that I hate it.  If they’re both wearing basically barbarian loincloths with shoulderpads, I’m down with that (in fact I’ve made outfits like that).  If the male version is a full military uniform, I don’t want to see a female version with a miniskirt.  That’s the stuff that makes me nuts, not things like Bean Sidhe at Rendo or Andromeda here that are just pure fantasy (and that are matched by things like Dark Priest for M5).

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 09 October 2012 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  518
Joined  2010-12-13

Well, we can also use the excuse that it all goes back to Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo. They started it! grin Between Conan, Tarzan, Vampirella, and the Princess of Mars, Frazetta was certainly an equal opportunity employer.

Weren’t the ancient Olympic Games held in the nude? Wasn’t that a key plot device in “Chariots of Fire?” gulp

Signature 

Daz Gallery
DA Gallery
Old post count 1725 (seems lame compared to some)

Posted: 09 October 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
Slimer_J_Spud - 09 October 2012 02:02 PM

Well, we can also use the excuse that it all goes back to Frank Frazetta and Boris Vallejo. They started it! grin Between Conan, Tarzan, Vampirella, and the Princess of Mars, Frazetta was certainly an equal opportunity employer.

Weren’t the ancient Olympic Games held in the nude? Wasn’t that a key plot device in “Chariots of Fire?” gulp

Yep…it’s their fault.  (Oh how my mom hated those Borris posters when I was a teen… LOL ...of course, being a lad in my teens they were the best.)

Yep…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 09 October 2012 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  544
Joined  2011-04-12
Slimer_J_Spud - 09 October 2012 02:02 PM

Weren’t the ancient Olympic Games held in the nude?

Yes, and I can’t help thinking that in the current era of high-tech performance-enhancing outfits, the IOC might want to consider reviving the tradition.

Signature 

Not interested in the giant leap backwards that is “Genesis 2”.

3 of 3