Digital Art Zone

GenX stuff from 4.0 transferring to 4.5?
Posted: 05 October 2012 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2003-10-09

Hello,

I’m about to take the plunge and update to 4.5, but I want to make Super Sure first… I have a bunch of morphs I transferred over from V4 to Genesis using GenX.  Will those morphs I created transfer over when I do the update?

I’m a bit worried about that, as I would assume I’m gonna have to uninstall version 4.0 to go to 4.5, and I’m worried my morphs are gonna uninstall along with that.  I have a bunch of saved characters I’m using for a comic project that also use those morphs, I don’t want to lose them, either.

Thanks for reading and any advice!

Posted: 05 October 2012 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2009-12-07

My 4.0 morphs were in my Victoria 4 Clone folder but 4.5 puts them in GenX/Victoria 4 Clone. I can’t remember if perhaps did that or the folder changed with the new version.

So I manually moved the files and it works fine - DS and GenX can see them - but when I load a 4.0 scene it says it can’t find the morph files.

Not sure how to fix that because GenX doesn’t see the 4.0 files in the old folder (although DS does).

Signature 

PoseMaster for DAZ Studio and PoseMaster People Pack now sold at Rendo.

Posted: 05 October 2012 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

That’s what I was afraid of… thanks for letting me know, maybe I can write down a list of the morphs I used to create my characters beforehand.

Posted: 05 October 2012 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  911
Joined  2003-10-09

When you transfer morphs using GenX,  you’ll find them in a D3D Gen X folder in here:

...DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs

Just copy this folder to a safe place and if after the upgrade they are gone, just copy them back in.  I’m pretty sure they won’t get deleted, at least they didn’t on my system when I upgraded to DS4.5.

Posted: 05 October 2012 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07
Lindsey - 05 October 2012 02:28 PM

When you transfer morphs using GenX,  you’ll find them in a D3D Gen X folder in here:

...DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs

Just copy this folder to a safe place and if after the upgrade they are gone, just copy them back in.  I’m pretty sure they won’t get deleted, at least they didn’t on my system when I upgraded to DS4.5.

Yes, but you won’t be able to load your old scenes that use the morphs in the old path.

Signature 

Posted: 06 October 2012 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

I just wanted to say that I did the switch yesterday, with absolutely zero trouble. 

Well, one old scene I loaded with a bunch of props in it loaded with some of the props going invisible, but the files with the GenX’ed characters made it to 4.5 no trouble.

Thanks for the help, everybody!

Posted: 27 October 2012 03:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-07

Now I have a question for you both, hope that’s ok grin

I’m bust transferring a couple of V4 characters to Genesis with GenX, but I’d like to group them in the parameters tab under something like “V4 Characters”. Is there any way to put the single morph into a group when I transfer it with GenX?

Thanks

Signature