3 of 4
Scared to “Upgrade” to 4.5
Posted: 06 October 2012 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9609
Joined  2007-11-06
twalling - 05 October 2012 08:48 AM

As far as the Decimator discussion goes, I think if you had BOUGHT DS Pro, then the decimator came with it.  If you got the free version, it did not. 

I’ve just bought Decimator and ordered the update, though the downloads for same are mysteriously unavailable. 

I’m gonna try to update and hope for the best… thanks y’all, and thank you in advance for the fix.

The code for Decimator is built into DS4.5, but you need a paid serial number to activate it.  So you don’t need to install anything, just plug in the serial.  Same for Animate2, although in that case you get a 30-day trial.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2009-07-12

Well, I upgraded from DS 4 to DS 4.5 and now my genx plug-in no longer works. Any ideas to fix it? I hope they don’t expect me to just roll over and buy it again. I only had it for about 5 or 6 months.

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1069
Joined  2006-04-16

Reset the download for GenX. You should now see an updated file for GenX that says something like “4.5”. Download and then re-install.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 07 October 2012 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  581
Joined  2003-10-09

I heard that there was an issue with duplicate file something and you, basically, had to reinstall everything from scratch so I wasn’t upgrading because of that. Been scared to do it too since I, finally, seem to have a fairly stable version of DS after years of it being more problematic than not.

Posted: 07 October 2012 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
GhostofMacbeth - 07 October 2012 09:40 PM

I heard that there was an issue with duplicate file something and you, basically, had to reinstall everything from scratch so I wasn’t upgrading because of that. Been scared to do it too since I, finally, seem to have a fairly stable version of DS after years of it being more problematic than not.

This only affected .dsf content.  It had nothing to do with other “legacy” content.  Only those items installed as .dsf files prior to the bug being found would need to be re-installed.  For most people, that was only a few things.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 08 October 2012 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  775
Joined  2011-05-17

I also have had no problems at all.

Posted: 08 October 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2303
Joined  2010-12-18

I’ve had a few issues myself

DUF dosen’t save hair (auto follow)  morphs right
When loading old daz files I have issues fairly regularly. ANd when saving as DUF I get different issues. certain clothing items don’t load/render, entire characters don’t load(but are shown in the scene tab), characters get ripped to pieces, props load in the wrong places
I have a LOT of items that get duplicate id warnings. I’ve been using the script to fix as I go, but it’s far more than a “few” items

When I save not sure why I have to always pick a file name, what a waste of time.

But overall things are good, the improved autofit and improved speed of saving files is appreciated. Being able to work with a duf file on a different computer than the one that created it is also very useful.

And the clothing offset is handy as well.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 08 October 2012 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9609
Joined  2007-11-06
larsmidnatt - 08 October 2012 09:44 AM

I’ve had a few issues myself

DUF dosen’t save hair (auto follow)  morphs right
When loading old daz files I have issues fairly regularly. ANd when saving as DUF I get different issues. certain clothing items don’t load/render, entire characters don’t load(but are shown in the scene tab), characters get ripped to pieces, props load in the wrong places

Exploded characters in .duf files can be fixed by saving the .duf file again.  I understand that the current beta (.137) fixes some .du problems, but I haven’t tried it yet.

I have a LOT of items that get duplicate id warnings. I’ve been using the script to fix as I go, but it’s far more than a “few” items

It’s a lot of Genesis clothing and hair that was released before March 2012.  There’s a link in my .sig to Jay_NOLA’s thread with current version numbers for Genesis items.  I’ve been updating since March, so it’s been gradual for me.

When I save not sure why I have to always pick a file name, what a waste of time.

GO to Edit > Preferences and put in something for the author identification—you don’t have to put in everything.  They put that in to prevent people from accidentally overwriting purchased items, but if the author stuff is blank it makes you do that for everything.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 08 October 2012 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18

Thanks I’ll look into the preferences thing, glad to know there is something for it.

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Kendall Sears - 07 October 2012 09:46 PM

This only affected .dsf content.  It had nothing to do with other “legacy” content.  Only those items installed as .dsf files prior to the bug being found would need to be re-installed.  For most people, that was only a few things.

Kendall

The thing is that that is everything I have installed. So that would be quite a few things. So I am still wondering how much I would have to reinstall. The last year and a few months of content would be painful to reinstall.

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
GhostofMacbeth - 08 October 2012 07:19 PM
Kendall Sears - 07 October 2012 09:46 PM

Kendall

The thing is that that is everything I have installed. So that would be quite a few things. So I am still wondering how much I would have to reinstall. The last year and a few months of content would be painful to reinstall.

Only reinstall the “bad” content as you encounter it.  I doubt that you’ll be using everything in your runtime in the same scenes.  grin

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 09 October 2012 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

No but that means I have to re-download it when I am in the middle of doing something and that is kind of frustrating. Plus I am just wondering how bad a problem it is.

Posted: 09 October 2012 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-12-18
GhostofMacbeth - 09 October 2012 08:40 PM

No but that means I have to re-download it when I am in the middle of doing something and that is kind of frustrating. Plus I am just wondering how bad a problem it is.

Depends on the user I would say. Some say its really small but I know it’s hit me a lot more often then others have stated. But as someone mentioned its in content created before a certain date, I guess I just happen to have a lot of that…

Signature 

Posted: 09 October 2012 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  232
Joined  2003-10-09
GhostofMacbeth - 09 October 2012 08:40 PM

Hey Ghost,

When the “Duplicate Formulas Found” window pops up simply click “Ok” and continue with what you are doing. That’s it. Everything will still work as it should. Redownload whenever you have time.

Coldrake

Signature 

I don’t dance, I boogie.
———————————————————

If I have to choose between speed and quality, I’ll take quality every time.
———————————————————

It’s not what tools you use,
It’s how you use your tools.

Posted: 10 October 2012 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3529
Joined  2009-08-05

I agree with Coldrake. People panic when they see this pop-up but don’t realise that nothing is wrong so they go out and re-download everything.The content still works perfectly fine. Only re-download content that gives issues or do not appear.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

3 of 4