Posted: 05 October 2012 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1695
Joined  2008-05-31

Well found the DS4 Official Release Thread in the old forum:

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=177700

And it says this:

“The “Decimator” plug-in for Win32/64 and Mac32 is now installed with DAZ Studio 4, and is available separately, as part of the Game Developer Kit, or as part of the DS4 “Pro” bundle “

Looking though different posts it appears that it was included (for free) with the paid version of DS4 Pro, but not the free version of same. At least that’s how I understand it. 

There were several upgrade options including a very cheap one ($28 or something) for those who already had all the tools included, or previous versions of them. I found out I had them all except Decimator, so as it was on sale for about $20 then, I bought it to quality for the cheap upgrade.

So now it all makes sense.

Signature 
Tools for the DAZ store

Posted: 05 October 2012 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  572
Joined  0

DS4.5 is in general a great upgrade. Autofit works a lot better and the program seems more stable than 4.0 did. It does have its problems though like it is much more ‘picky’ about how dsf and cr2 files are set up. For example, in DS3 and 4.0 if the maker didn’t put the references for a geometry object in it would still load the clothing or prop just fine. In 4.5 it appears to load but doesn’t actually load on problem files like that. I did find a fix which is in a thread in my signature but stuff like that is something to be aware of.

Most plugins and shaders also work ok though there are a few scattered around that haven’t been updated yet.

Signature 

Having trouble with clothing/props not showing in Daz 4.5? Take a look at this thread:

Thread in Nuts And Bolts forum

Posted: 05 October 2012 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2010-02-05

I too was afraid but did upgrade earlier this week. I haven’t tested all of my old saved files/content, but what I have used works fine. My only issue is that the Genesis basic male and female have exclamation marks in the content folder and won’t load… but M5, V5, Gorilla etc all load fine and the basic genesis shape loads on start-up. It looks like the app is looking for a .dsf file but mine is .duf. I was finally able to upgrade my genesis starter to 1.4 but it didn’t help. I am running both the 64 and 32 bit versions on Win7.

Edit: Actually on the links I created in my Categories section don’t work, the links to the genesis basic male/female work fine in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Library.

Posted: 05 October 2012 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2003-10-09

As far as the Decimator discussion goes, I think if you had BOUGHT DS Pro, then the decimator came with it.  If you got the free version, it did not. 

I’ve just bought Decimator and ordered the update, though the downloads for same are mysteriously unavailable. 

I’m gonna try to update and hope for the best… thanks y’all, and thank you in advance for the fix.

Posted: 05 October 2012 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1163
Joined  2006-04-16

Upgraded and never looked back. 98% of the stuff that worked for me before still work (with the exception of a few things that have yet to be updated). Auto-Fit works much better now (except when it comes to shoes, they still crumble).

I made the mistake of upgrading thinking Gen4 (Now GenX) would still work. It didn’t. :( Which forced me to finally buy the upgrade to it and now it works.

I’m really glad I upgraded.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

ULTIMATE SUPER-HERO FREEBIES!

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 05 October 2012 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Hm… I don’t particularly relish the idea of even 2% of what used to work not working any longer!  I already have GenX, and got the update files in my download queue, I’ve read somewhere that the morphs I’ve already made with the old version will transfer to the new one, which is a relief.

Posted: 05 October 2012 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
twalling - 05 October 2012 09:44 AM

I already have GenX, and got the update files in my download queue, I’ve read somewhere that the morphs I’ve already made with the old version will transfer to the new one, which is a relief.

They’re just morphs, they don’t particularly care which version you’re running, but apparently the revised version will give a better conversion if you redo them.

Posted: 05 October 2012 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Hm… I don’t particularly relish the idea of even 2% of what used to work not working any longer!  I already have GenX, and got the update files in my download queue, I’ve read somewhere that the morphs I’ve already made with the old version will transfer to the new one, which is a relief.

Well, the 2% that doesn’t work for me are products by Dreamlight. Thankfully, I don’t have that many of his products and now that I know he won’t be updating his plugins and lightsets to work for 4.5, I won’t bother buying anymore of his products since, chances are, they won’t even work.

Signature 

Genesis is head & shoulders above “Genesis 2” (or better known as BF2/BM2) and is the FAR superior figure. Why? It doesn’t suffer from the UN-necessary gender split

My DeviantArt Page.

The Supersuit product comes with a Basic Supersuit. DAZ has finally fixed it’s UV’s. Re-Download now to receive the update. Thanks DAZ! smile

Posted: 05 October 2012 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  787
Joined  2005-09-19
Knight22179 - 05 October 2012 01:24 PM

Well, the 2% that doesn’t work for me are products by Dreamlight. Thankfully, I don’t have that many of his products and now that I know he won’t be updating his plugins and lightsets to work for 4.5, I won’t bother buying anymore of his products since, chances are, they won’t even work.

The Dreamlight stuff mostly doesn’t work in DS4, never mind 4.5, there are a handful of exceptions such as Light Dome Pro (but not LDP2), but none of the plugins will function.

Posted: 05 October 2012 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-04-16

Then Dreamlight should either update his products (which he won’t) or remove them from the store.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Page.

Posted: 05 October 2012 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
Knight22179 - 05 October 2012 01:24 PM

Oh, cool, no problem there.  I don’t plan on buying anything from Dreamlight.

Posted: 05 October 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1740
Joined  2012-04-14

I have had intermittent problems with rendering since I upgraded, when I had none with DS4. Every time I think I have the problem solved I render something new and the problem starts all over again. I don’t know what the issue is but Daz seems to be really resource intensive - using 100% of my cpu and more than 50% of my ram. I do have an older machine with 32bit vista and 4gb of RAM. When it’s rendering properly it will render super quick I just wish I could isolate what the issue is.

Posted: 05 October 2012 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7838
Joined  2009-05-14
anikad - 05 October 2012 02:23 PM

I have had intermittent problems with rendering since I upgraded, when I had none with DS4. Every time I think I have the problem solved I render something new and the problem starts all over again. I don’t know what the issue is but Daz seems to be really resource intensive - using 100% of my cpu and more than 50% of my ram. I do have an older machine with 32bit vista and 4gb of RAM. When it’s rendering properly it will render super quick I just wish I could isolate what the issue is.

Same here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/8265/#115399

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 06 October 2012 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Just want to say that I upgraded, and have encountered zero problems.  Thanks everybody!

Posted: 06 October 2012 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8523
Joined  2007-11-06
ragaray - 05 October 2012 08:47 AM

I too was afraid but did upgrade earlier this week. I haven’t tested all of my old saved files/content, but what I have used works fine. My only issue is that the Genesis basic male and female have exclamation marks in the content folder and won’t load… but M5, V5, Gorilla etc all load fine and the basic genesis shape loads on start-up. It looks like the app is looking for a .dsf file but mine is .duf. I was finally able to upgrade my genesis starter to 1.4 but it didn’t help. I am running both the 64 and 32 bit versions on Win7.

Edit: Actually on the links I created in my Categories section don’t work, the links to the genesis basic male/female work fine in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Library.

If you did your own categorizing previously, those links won’t automatically be updated for the new .duf files—I had to do them manually.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

2 of 4