Ivy, you rock. Just one question if I may. What is your normal development time for one of your Vid’s?
Thank you Jaderail,. every animation is different. and have different challenges, this one i am working on right now is 3 weeks in the making and I have about aother week or 2 of rendering left to go.
So first i will say I do use any and all software in the animation process that will fit my needs whether it be Daz ,Poser or Autodesk suite to get my story across to my audience . I use Adobe premiere Pro cs5 for my movie & sound editing.
I’ll give you an example of my time scale line I use
1) I Create & edit a story, (most i wright myself.)
2) I create a file tree_ IE ; Main file. ;The the sub folders of> Models files, >complete Animated scenes> completed rendered scene. >Sound files, and text document for all my credits to be noted on for later use for when i am putting in film credits at the end of the animation.
3) I build a story board ( I do this by building & using Daz & poser for the scenes and ready them for rendering at the same time. , this helps me gather my list of assets for the film and saves a lot of time from going back and forth into the content folders..Plus if you have a crash or if you need to re render a scene you will have the saved copy . This Also this gives me a chance to see what I need to purchase for the film or as of lately make some of the props I need.
4) After I complete the story board and match each scene to the story board events timeline. I go back and create the lighting and Atmosphere for each scene.
5) Then I start the Animation process. I use a combination of Ani Blocks & custom hand key-frame animation for the movements. As I complete each animation scene, I then move the scene over from my laptop to my big PC thru network connection. and render the completed key-framed scene for the story. Though only after i done a few test shots to make sue i have the shadows and lighting right. or if i need to add lip sync to the animation. (that is what you see here in test shots.)
5) Afterwards if I am not working on another scene during the rendering process. then I start on gathering my sound file assets. if i do not have the sounds i need in my sound library . I will create them myself. and sometimes will purchase sound file libraries and purchase licenses to use them in public forums.( its kind of the same as buying a daz model or product to use)
6) About a week before the animation is completed i try to start promotional work for it. to build up interest for people to watch it.
so I’ll start posting release notices and promo shots and letting people know in general of the the up come release of the film.
7) when i finish I grip about the errors i made and then i start looking at what i can do for another project.
So for the record this is my opinion, on using Daz4.5 and genesis in animation and why I think it sucks to use.
I have tried so hard to make genesis and Daz4.5 work in animation.. but it is just not worth the effort. I have been using daz4 for a year And I am not using genesis At all because of the long laundry list of problems, I’m tired of complaining abou ,
i don’t use daz4.5 to build animation scenes at all either, Only because the lack of not be able to save scenes in poser( pp2 & pz3) or daz3a (.DAZ) file formats which would allow me to move from one program to another effortlessly &. where some of the older Special effects tools i have still work in poser and daz and not in daz4.5, This saves me time and money.
If your using the saved DUF & DSA Daz4.5 scene files, they do not work in Daz3 or in poser. which makes daz4.5 not a asset in rendering large scale animation films. Daz 3 and poser are compatible and makes it much easier to work with, then having to export every scene created in daz4.5 into a FXB file, or use this or that tool. so i can use it in another program is silly and is just to much work and plus I’m to lazy..lol
So I do not use daz4.5 for creating scene files for animation, just because I can’t save or edit Daz4.5 DUF and DSA scene files in .Daz or poser pp2 & .pz3 file format. so it does not allow me to switch programs like i did before.( Big Suck)..This is just one of the many reasons why i don’t use or buy anything genesis or in DUF and DSA formats. I found and experienced that poser and older .daz files animate much better with less work and issues during the animation process.( maybe because the mesh is less defined) and for the films i am making Daz3a and Poser fit my needs fine. plus with the use of poser fusion I can now bridge pp2 & pz3 files formats into Maya for complex animation scenes. which I can not do at all with Daz4.5.
My compatibility complaints about this issue for the last year has fallen on deaf ears, As i have learned the venders and this store does not care about the needs or concerns of the customers. And I don’t purchase what I can’t use. so you won’t see any genesis products in my work., not until they can be use AND edit pp2 & PZ3 and .DAZ files formats
But I will buy new models(mostly environment ) that are compatible with poser and daz3. with out Dosn or autofit.
Thanks for the interest and comments Jaderail,