Digital Art Zone

26 of 101
Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD IV ♥♡♥♡♥ stooopiddittty!
Posted: 10 October 2012 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 376 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16410
Joined  2009-01-22

There is nothing wrong with being an Addict. It all depends on what you are Addicted to. For me its DAZ3D, Cigarettes, Beer and Coffee in that order. It depends on the time of day which one I’m into at anyone time. Heck sometimes it’s three at once. Like right now.

Also as the Highest Ranked None Admin I feel it is my duty to hit that 5th green box first with that Title of “Get A LIFE!

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 11 October 2012 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 377 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10499
Joined  2007-11-06

..OK I really feel stoopid, and I mean Stoopid.

A lot of members here know how vehement I’ve been regarding the latest version of Studio and Genesis.

So I went and did a bad thing…

...I loaded up all the stuff I had accumulated for Studio 4.5 (some of which I didn’t even realise I had), fired it up and gave it one more chance before deciding to uninstall the whole mess from my system.

OK, I’ll admit, I was surprised at how well it actually worked considering my system’s specs scrape the bottom of the barrel with regards to the proggie’s minimum requirements.

Oh, there were a few small issues, manly the viewport going blank while adjusting morphs or a pose, but that was fixed by undoing the last action. and approaching it a bit more slowly.

It didn’t crash like I expected it to, not during scene setup (albeit it was a simple scene), or the render process. The first render I tried used a UE light set with raytracing, stalled at 6% but didn’t crash.  Cancelled that and surprisingly, the operation cleared instantly (unlike in 3A where it kept going sometimes for quite a while).  I then changed the light set and started the render process again without closing the app and restarting it first—and it didn’t crash!.

and surprisingly, after months, no years, of frustration, I actually kind of enjoyed what I was doing again.

So here I sit with a big plate of Crow (and a big bottle of Sriracha) in front of me.

...results below.

...she really looks the way Leela should look…

Image Attachments
leela_genesis_test.jpg
 Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

Posted: 11 October 2012 12:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 378 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4851
Joined  2009-02-26
Jaderail - 10 October 2012 11:49 PM

There is nothing wrong with being an Addict. It all depends on what you are Addicted to. For me its DAZ3D, Cigarettes, Beer and Coffee in that order. It depends on the time of day which one I’m into at anyone time. Heck sometimes it’s three at once. Like right now.

Also as the Highest Ranked None Admin I feel it is my duty to hit that 5th green box first with that Title of “Get A LIFE!

Smoking is bad enough an addiction for me… Caffiene yes, but not coffee, and not energy drinks, just coke, (Which is prob as bad as smoking) I dont drink. And The Daz addiction is not a bad thing… I just obsessed with creating stuff!! cheese

LMAO to the Get a life! lol

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 11 October 2012 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 379 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

450 posts until addict!!

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 01:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 380 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Spyro - 11 October 2012 12:15 AM

450 posts until addict!!

O Crap. Okay, now I’m worried about Chohole and myself.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 11 October 2012 03:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 381 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5979
Joined  2003-10-09
Kyoto Kid - 11 October 2012 12:08 AM

..OK I really feel stoopid, and I mean Stoopid.

A lot of members here know how vehement I’ve been regarding the latest version of Studio and Genesis.

So I went and did a bad thing…

...I loaded up all the stuff I had accumulated for Studio 4.5 (some of which I didn’t even realise I had), fired it up and gave it one more chance before deciding to uninstall the whole mess from my system.

OK, I’ll admit, I was surprised at how well it actually worked considering my system’s specs scrape the bottom of the barrel with regards to the proggie’s minimum requirements.

Oh, there were a few small issues, manly the viewport going blank while adjusting morphs or a pose, but that was fixed by undoing the last action. and approaching it a bit more slowly.

It didn’t crash like I expected it to, not during scene setup (albeit it was a simple scene), or the render process. The first render I tried used a UE light set with raytracing, stalled at 6% but didn’t crash.  Cancelled that and surprisingly, the operation cleared instantly (unlike in 3A where it kept going sometimes for quite a while).  I then changed the light set and started the render process again without closing the app and restarting it first—and it didn’t crash!.

and surprisingly, after months, no years, of frustration, I actually kind of enjoyed what I was doing again.

So here I sit with a big plate of Crow (and a big bottle of Sriracha) in front of me.

...results below.

...she really looks the way Leela should look…

Don’t worry KK, you’re not alone. I’ve been buying a few DUF items lately in anticipation of moving from 4.0 to 4.5. Pass the Crow.

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
“I hope that after I die, people will say of me: ‘That guy sure owed me a lot of money.’” - Jack Handey

Posted: 11 October 2012 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 382 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

What are your System Spec’s tjohn? I had no hitches from 4.0 to 4.5, I’m even thinking 4.5 beta now that Uber Area lights work in it.

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 383 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Jaderail - 11 October 2012 03:33 AM

What are your System Spec’s tjohn? I had no hitches from 4.0 to 4.5, I’m even thinking 4.5 beta now that Uber Area lights work in it.

I’m not anticipating any performance problems, just having to d/l and install the updated morphs and other content I own to get everything to work perfectly with 4.5. I’m basically lazy and have a limited bandwidth per month. But you can’t stop progress. I’m just hoping that future upgrades to D/S are backwardly compatible with all content.

Signature 

“I hope that after I die, people will say of me: ‘That guy sure owed me a lot of money.’” - Jack Handey

Posted: 11 October 2012 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 384 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Oh and for the specs:
http://www.ehow.com/list_7390891_specifications-hp-dv7_1262us.html

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 385 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

You should be okay but be like me and hold on to backup copies of the diff versions install files. Mine go back to 2.3. You can trick most of the need up dated files with the Fix Duplicate Files Script found here in the forums. Then you can update are your own pace, I did.

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 386 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

You still awake Jader. You no sleep today?

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 05:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 387 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15110
Joined  2003-10-09
Jaderail - 11 October 2012 01:10 AM
Spyro - 11 October 2012 12:15 AM

450 posts until addict!!

O Crap. Okay, now I’m worried about Chohole and myself.

We got to get together Jade, and stop Spyro, I am sure he is cheating, he can’t really make that many posts so quickly.  He has some sort of secret weapon that fires off posts like a scattergun methinks.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 11 October 2012 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 388 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

I spread like a plague of zombies… Watch out!

Signature 

Posted: 11 October 2012 05:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 389 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7442
Joined  2004-07-21

What are the best ways to help a snake bite victim?  Wondering for story idea.  I have not been bitten by a snake.

Signature 

Hello, Sweetie!
click me to save my dragon eggs

Who is cuter Loki or Thor?

Posted: 11 October 2012 05:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 390 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Spyro - 11 October 2012 05:16 AM

I spread like a plague of zombies… Watch out!

You spread more like Vegemite, mate. LOL

Image Attachments
vegemite2.jpg
 Signature 

26 of 101