Upgraded to DS4.5, metadata settings gone

SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 6,003

I've just upgraded to DS 4.5. When I use Transfer Utility, the Content Type is there but is blank. When I right-click on items in the content library, the words "categorize" and "databases" are there, but they have no options either.

How do I fix this? For that matter, how did I cause it?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,306
    edited December 1969

There is a dropdown on the Content Library tab that allows you to reimport Metadata

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 19,871
    edited December 1969

Have you check that the CMS is running? In Task manager, look at the Services tab if you are using Windows 7 or Vista.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 6,003
    edited December 1969

Have you check that the CMS is running? In Task manager, look at the Services tab if you are using Windows 7 or Vista.

It says it is there and the status is "Running." This is Windows 7.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

SickleYield, what transfer utility? Are you talking about migrating your old database?

And I'm not sure what you mean with Categorize and Database not having any options.

Could you post a screenshot?

Thanks

• FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 12,156
    edited December 1969

Is there anything showing in Content Library > Categories? If not, the CMS either isn't running or is being blocked from communicating with DS4.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 6,003
    edited October 2012

Sorry, I wasn't getting post notifications and now it's dumping 50 in my inbox! Eep.

There is nothing in Content Library - Categories. Maybe I just need to reinstall.

And cridgit: As far as I know there's only one transfer utility. It has nothing to do with migrating databases, it's just a symptom of the larger problem (in that I no longer have the option of adding metadata to products).

And I mean they literally have no options. Here's a couple of pics. On Database nothing will appear to the right of that arrow regardless of how I click or hover.

Problem02.jpg
    599 x 600 - 167K
    Problem01.jpg
    600 x 531 - 127K
    Post edited by SickleYield on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 823
    edited October 2012

Yeah that really looks like a CMS problem. If it is running then you may have a corruption or possibly a permissions issue.

Did you install everything to the default location? DS should be in Program Files and content should be in My Documents.

Do you have admin permissions on your PC?

Is there anything in Smart Content? Screenshot would help too.

Post edited by cridgit on