Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
On creating shoes with heels for V4: toes zeroed or bent?
Posted: 12 October 2012 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5338
Joined  2012-04-07
Bagboy - 11 October 2012 10:55 AM

Got everything working!.  I was able to use the bones rig to bend and twist my bent-toed shoes to fit the blank V4’s straightened toes, and saved to a CR2.

I did have to open the CR2 file in a text editor and edit it a bit.  Originally, I was limited to 30 “bend” of the toes, and I needed like 50 to match V4’s unbent toes. Almost a show-stopper for me!  But, I found the left and right toe sections, found the min and max “limits” listings, and changed them from 30 to 50 max. And then all was right in my world!

I would have thought that the shoes would conform and match and snap back to V4’s foot and toe bend, side-to-side, and twist settings, no matter what I set them to to compensate,  But I was wrong.  The shoes took what I set them to, and, I guess, as saved to the CR2, and then did the math after that to conform to V4’s feet.

I had a lot of joint editing after that to fix most of the zone shoe vertices that the matrices, copied from the blank V4 model, missed.

Thanks again Patience55!

I forgot where this thread was—I put some pics up in my clothing thread in Nuts ‘N Bolts,

Signature 

Lots of photos in my DA Gallery including PD Textures.
SPACE CHAINS grin

2 of 2