Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
On creating shoes with heels for V4: toes zeroed or bent?
Posted: 12 October 2012 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4779
Joined  2012-04-07
Bagboy - 11 October 2012 10:55 AM

Got everything working!.  I was able to use the bones rig to bend and twist my bent-toed shoes to fit the blank V4’s straightened toes, and saved to a CR2.

I did have to open the CR2 file in a text editor and edit it a bit.  Originally, I was limited to 30 “bend” of the toes, and I needed like 50 to match V4’s unbent toes. Almost a show-stopper for me!  But, I found the left and right toe sections, found the min and max “limits” listings, and changed them from 30 to 50 max. And then all was right in my world!

I would have thought that the shoes would conform and match and snap back to V4’s foot and toe bend, side-to-side, and twist settings, no matter what I set them to to compensate,  But I was wrong.  The shoes took what I set them to, and, I guess, as saved to the CR2, and then did the math after that to conform to V4’s feet.

I had a lot of joint editing after that to fix most of the zone shoe vertices that the matrices, copied from the blank V4 model, missed.

Thanks again Patience55!

I forgot where this thread was—I put some pics up in my clothing thread in Nuts ‘N Bolts,

Signature 

2 of 2