Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
This HAS to be the WORST site update I have EVER witnessed on ANY SITE!! 10 Steps Backwards DAZ
Posted: 31 May 2012 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  658
Joined  2006-09-30
Denny L - 30 May 2012 11:36 PM

Toilets?  Who needs toilets?

Not me!

When my plumbing exploded I just fought my cats for the litter box. ♨♨♨♨

Signature 

MOO!

Posted: 31 May 2012 05:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  704
Joined  2003-10-09

Anybody got a clue about how forum posts are sorted now?  It certainly isn’t chronological order. :-(

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 31 May 2012 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16022
Joined  2003-10-09

By date the thread was posted, newest first.  So it is the exact reverse of how it was showing.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 31 May 2012 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14335
Joined  2003-10-09

What we still don’t have is threads being ordered by most recent post, but at least we are seeing progress.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1593
Joined  2009-08-08

We’re seeing change. I’m not yet convinced it’s progress. But at least the e-mail notification of posts in threads is finally working.

ETA: And if you can’t bring the recent posts forward separately, you should at least add a ‘Go to page’ box to the footer.

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7686
Joined  2006-03-19

Progress is measured one step at a time. Can’t be all done instantaneously.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 31 May 2012 12:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  646
Joined  2008-07-16

Thats what the amphibians say about evolution…

On a side note, one can measure a disaster all at once… Debris… smoke… goats in trees…  Yup, the barn exploded.

Ah, I’m just foolin’ around…  its nice…  Not like leeches nice… nice like….. ah, who knows… nice…  come on now, you can’t tell me this all won’t give the DAZ staff YEARS of amusing anecdotes to relate at parties?  And don’t they say what does not kill you, only makes you stronger and then has to wait till you fall asleep to try and kill you again… (I might of messed that up)... I bet the the staff at DAZ is learning all sorts of interesting new curse words while all along they feel their resilience and character build and I bet all the local pharmacies in Draper Utah have sold record amounts of antacid! And DAZ fans too have benefited from this… many of us can now look directly at the sun with no ill effects… we probably all have new keyboards and mice now and have practiced patching drywall… you have to look on the bright side… or just stare at the forums screen.. same thing!
It’s all good!

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 31 May 2012 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2006-12-26
lordvicore - 31 May 2012 12:51 PM

Thats what the amphibians say about evolution…

On a side note, one can measure a disaster all at once… Debris… smoke… goats in trees…  Yup, the barn exploded.

Ah, I’m just foolin’ around…  its nice…  Not like leeches nice… nice like….. ah, who knows… nice…  come on now, you can’t tell me this all won’t give the DAZ staff YEARS of amusing anecdotes to relate at parties?  And don’t they say what does not kill you, only makes you stronger and then has to wait till you fall asleep to try and kill you again… (I might of messed that up)... I bet the the staff at DAZ is learning all sorts of interesting new curse words while all along they feel their resilience and character build and I bet all the local pharmacies in Draper Utah have sold record amounts of antacid! And DAZ fans too have benefited from this… many of us can now look directly at the sun with no ill effects… we probably all have new keyboards and mice now and have practiced patching drywall… you have to look on the bright side… or just stare at the forums screen.. same thing!
It’s all good!

lol.  Yes, it’s just a forum…. I was actually starting to get some animating done, but now that it’s “sort of” working, I’m “sort of” spending too much time reasding it again grin

Signature 

Peace.

Posted: 31 May 2012 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7686
Joined  2006-03-19

Some live to read the forums and just sit there hitting the refresh button.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 31 May 2012 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2003-10-09

9) Just discovered this “gem” ... you can no longer view your purchase history all at once.  The max is 50 items per page, making searches nigh impossible (INCREDIBLY difficult to put it mildly).  I have over 40 pages even at 50 per page. 

What’s worse, they are now ALPHABETICAL instead of CHRONOLOGICAL, and can NOT be sorted.  Thus making it pretty much impossible to download those items I have forgotten to download.  I had figured out the date I had stopped downloading, but now that does me ZERO good. 

Sorry, but just plain STUPID.  Honestly, do the people making these “improvements” actually use the site?

-Tim

EDIT:
PS> I do now realize this may not be new news to some/all of you.
PSS> I really do like DAZ ... just the old DAZ.

Posted: 31 May 2012 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2003-10-09
Frank0314 - 31 May 2012 12:27 PM

Progress is measured one step at a time. Can’t be all done instantaneously.

Right, but why in god’s name would DAZ launch this in its present state??  I remember when the iteration before last was launched, it was considered in beta for ... well, like forever.  I think it was considered beta for at least a year or two ... somebody correct me if I’m wrong.  And also, the very last iteration before this nightmare, there was a try-it-out phase that lasted a decent while before the changes were implemented.  This was just ... BOOM ... HELLO, WELCOME TO CHAOS.

Posted: 01 June 2012 01:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2003-10-09

I find I have less reason to waste my time here now. That’s a plus in my schedule.

Signature 

Old Forum Final Post Count 4092
I have a terrible allergy. Vodka makes my clothes fall off.

Posted: 02 June 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  959
Joined  2006-06-12
StevenA - 01 June 2012 01:54 AM

I find I have less reason to waste my time here now. That’s a plus in my schedule.

I am spending less time here too.
Less money as well.

Guess there is a bright side to this thing.

Signature 

There is a serious tendency toward capitalism among the well-to-do peasants.
Mao Tse-Tung

2 of 2