Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Ding! Render Finished.
Posted: 03 October 2012 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4813
Joined  2008-03-06

Is there a way to script DAZ to make an audible beep, ding or alarm in Windows when a render is finished?

I’d pay for this.  I tend to minimize the program while doing test renders that take more than two minutes, get distracted, and lose productive time before I think to check back and see if it’s done yet. :-D So this would be a great time-management-enhancement device for those who render.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 03 October 2012 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4129
Joined  2011-11-25
SickleYield - 03 October 2012 01:42 PM

Is there a way to script DAZ to make an audible beep, ding or alarm in Windows when a render is finished?

I’d pay for this.  I tend to minimize the program while doing test renders that take more than two minutes, get distracted, and lose productive time before I think to check back and see if it’s done yet. :-D So this would be a great time-management-enhancement device for those who render.

I’d love the idea. Also love it if I could set up a queue for my computer to do its rendering when I was say… Away from my desk, so that I could set up jobs to render, and not have to do it manually.

Posted: 03 October 2012 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4774
Joined  2011-10-04

Oh yeah! I usually keep a silent profile, except for couple of cases where my attention is needed, NOW, because it is actually important.

I count “render finished!” as important, although I can generally guess it by the sound of my CPU fans. So if someone bangs together one where I can pick .wav of my choice, I’d be pleased!

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 03 October 2012 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  997
Joined  2012-01-29

My PC makes so much noise whilst rendering that it is not a problem for me to notice when the render is finished (= blissful silence).

Posted: 03 October 2012 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15323
Joined  2003-10-09

Bryce will tell you when a render is finished, if you ask it to, and will also tell you how long it took to render. Very handy sometimes.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 03 October 2012 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7283
Joined  2009-07-13

if you have the CPU,RAM meter widget active on your desktop, just look at the needle.
GPU usually 100% during render, drops right down when finished.

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 03 October 2012 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4774
Joined  2011-10-04

Mmm, but the point of auditory signal is that you don’t need to watch the screen.

So I can be, say, in kitchen, cooking my noms, and then I hear my computer scream “RENDER FINISHED, EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE” and I can come back and set the second one happening.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 03 October 2012 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
wendy♥catz - 03 October 2012 10:55 PM

if you have the CPU,RAM meter widget active on your desktop, just look at the needle.
GPU usually 100% during render, drops right down when finished.

Yes, but that requires me to not be absorbed in some other activity (i.e. actively noticing that widget without something maximized over it).  A ding would be more likely I’d notice it.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 13 October 2012 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  295
Joined  2008-04-09

Render finished alert would be great, but I’d like some kind of frame count or progress indicator for animations.  I’m rendering a 200+ frame animation atm, and I have no idea how far it’s gotten, other than it’s been going for 50 minutes.

Posted: 13 October 2012 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-09-16

It’s been requested numerous times over the years, but nothing has ever even looked like happening on it.

I agree that it would be really handy.

Posted: 14 October 2012 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-05-04
nightwolf1982 - 13 October 2012 01:02 AM

Render finished alert would be great, but I’d like some kind of frame count or progress indicator for animations.  I’m rendering a 200+ frame animation atm, and I have no idea how far it’s gotten, other than it’s been going for 50 minutes.

Select the “Timeline” Tab before running render for your animation, “Timeline” is shown using 0 to your end frame.
(ex. End frame 99, “Timeline” shows 0-99, just like a Number Line)

Also, there is a scroll Cursor/Pointer that points to which frame you are currently on, so during a render of an animation it will always point to the frame DAZ Studio is currently working on.

Posted: 12 January 2013 05:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  707
Joined  2012-07-21

Been playing with scripting lately and i remembered this post, turned out to be just a few lines of code : the render that goes ‘Ping!”  wink
http://www.sharecg.com/v/66824/view/8/Script/Render-finished-!
(windows only)

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
me at DeviantArt

Posted: 12 January 2013 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-06
BlackFeather1973 - 12 January 2013 05:18 AM

Been playing with scripting lately and i remembered this post, turned out to be just a few lines of code : the render that goes ‘Ping!”  wink
(windows only)

YAY

You are my hero.  I set up a custom action so it renders and then plays the comment whenever I hit ctrl+r.  Thank you so much!!

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 12 January 2013 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

I was looking at the code to the old ‘Quicksave’ script…I think that it could be adapted to this, so that not only does it render, but it saves the scene before it starts and then plays the sound when done…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 12 January 2013 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  707
Joined  2012-07-21
SickleYield - 12 January 2013 11:40 AM

YAY

You are my hero.  I set up a custom action so it renders and then plays the comment whenever I hit ctrl+r.  Thank you so much!!

My pleasure, SickleYield. I did notice that DS needs to be running in the foreground or the sound will not play, you might want to keep an eye on that.

mjc1016 - 12 January 2013 01:55 PM

I was looking at the code to the old ‘Quicksave’ script…I think that it could be adapted to this, so that not only does it render, but it saves the scene before it starts and then plays the sound when done…

That could probably be done, (and i bet i’d still hit ctrl+S two times before starting the script wink ).

Signature 

my freebies at ShareCG
me at DeviantArt

Posted: 23 December 2013 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2013-01-31
BlackFeather1973 - 12 January 2013 05:18 AM

(windows only)

OMG, I came here looking for this EXACT thing…THANK YOU BF!!!

One small question I have…I am often ALT-TABBED into something else and your script unfortunately executes, but the sound wav file dose not play with Daz is not the focus.  Any way to bypass this?

The script is still extremely useful, as long renders I am often AFK and the sound is a perfect notification…but the ALT TAB issue is somewhat annoying….

Thanks again for an extremely useful script!

1 of 2