Digital Art Zone

13 of 18
WIP THREAD for October NEW USERS CONTEST
Posted: 14 October 2012 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 181 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16419
Joined  2009-01-22
I love mini Tut's! Thank you both very much.
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 182 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7521
Joined  2009-05-14
we are going to have to keep an eye on this blumoon character...getting too good too fast. smile
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 183 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Szark - 14 October 2012 05:53 AM
we are going to have to keep an eye on this blumoon character...getting too good too fast. smile
Naw, after they win a few of the small contests they will move up to the big guns level. Those are much harder to win. I know. If they fly through all of them I'll just sit back and take notes. It would be the smart thing to do. LOL
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 184 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  219
Joined  2012-03-27
Yeah me too. Tut's like the one bluemoon presented are always handy to have. Speaking of tutorials about doing multiple renders and combining them into a graphic program. Do you have to keep png format? What about the lights? Do you build background first than add the lights? Then you erase the background but keep the lightning and start another part of the image and so on. I hope this made some sense.

Anyways, here is the update image of the version with the horse. It has morphs but not on the spot that needs to be bent. Lighting is work in progress as is the composition. It doesn't look scary one bit but will put in a texture on the girls robes and do something else...
Image Attachments
VEZBA.jpg
 Signature 

In case you have some free time come see what’s displayed My deviantart gallerysmile
AD
“)

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_10.png

Posted: 14 October 2012 06:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 185 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
For Multi Pass renders you always want the Same Lights and CAMERA. I save as a Scene file so I have them backed up if i move something.
 Signature 

Posted: 14 October 2012 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 186 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7521
Joined  2009-05-14
Ilena52 - 14 October 2012 06:23 AM
Yeah me too. Tut's like the one bluemoon presented are always handy to have. Speaking of tutorials about doing multiple renders and combining them into a graphic program. Do you have to keep png format? What about the lights? Do you build background first than add the lights? Then you erase the background but keep the lightning and start another part of the image and so on. I hope this made some sense.

Anyways, here is the update image of the version with the horse. It has morphs but not on the spot that needs to be bent. Lighting is work in progress as is the composition. It doesn't look scary one bit but will put in a texture on the girls robes and do something else...
I save out the final renders in BMP. Masks (black and white images I posted) are used to hide parts of the image. Black hide, white shows. This way I have control on each aspect. Like the Unicorn and armour. If you look one mask is for the unicorn only and one for all the armour. This lets me create a glow for the unicorn and not the armour.

With the rays layer which goes on the very top of the layer stack and set to "Screen" which is a blending mode you will find in all good image software.
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 14 October 2012 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 187 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7478
Joined  2006-03-19
Ilena52 - 14 October 2012 06:23 AM

Nice image but yeah, the lighting needs to be a bit brighter. Something simulating moon light.
 Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 14 October 2012 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 188 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2012-08-07
Thanks for the comments and info Szark, will try to use it in my final render.

Also thanks Jaderail and Ilena52.

Posted: 15 October 2012 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 189 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-27
New version
Image Attachments
E_ovo_je_jezivo.jpg
 Signature 

In case you have some free time come see what’s displayed My deviantart gallerysmile
AD
“)

Posted: 15 October 2012 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 190 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  593
Joined  2010-02-25
Ilena52 - 15 October 2012 06:23 AM
New version

I like the colors in your picture only in my eyes the scene is a bit too dark.
For the rest good work grin
 Signature 

My renders on deviantART http://rendersas.deviantart.com/

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 191 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-03-27
Sasje - 15 October 2012 06:52 AM
Ilena52 - 15 October 2012 06:23 AM
New version

I like the colors in your picture only in my eyes the scene is a bit too dark.
For the rest good work grin

Thank you.Guessing adding one more spotlight beneath the scene would do the trick.

Edit:New one with light mentioned above. Also added ue2 light.
[ Edited: 15 October 2012 08:46 AM by Ilena52 ]
Image Attachments
jezivo_valjda.jpg
 Signature 

AD
“)

Posted: 15 October 2012 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 192 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  413
Joined  2012-08-14
Okay...here is the latest version of my project for this month's thread.
I think I've come a long way with this image...but I still think it needs a few more tweaks.

I have all three versions posted -- the top one is my latest version. Any suggestions?
Image Attachments
Halloween_WIP_3.jpgHalloween_WIP_2.jpgHalloween_WIP.jpg
 Signature 

Brotherlobo aka A.E. McCullough
Self-published Author and Hobbyist Designer

Checkout my website @ http://www.aemccullough.com
or on Amazon @ A.E. McCullough on Amazon
or ‘like’ me on Facebook @ A.E. McCullough on Facebook
or on deviantArt @  Brotherlobo @ deviantArt

Posted: 15 October 2012 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 193 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2011-09-27
i did a lot of work on this one, and used some of the suggestion that where given to me, i would like to know what you think
Image Attachments
witchs.png
 Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_03.png

Posted: 15 October 2012 11:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 194 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2012-05-11
Missed the last few months of this contest, but didn't want to miss this one.

This is my attempt at a zombie in a moonlit dungeon. Used the zombie slider on genesis and added the troll skin. Rendered in Reality 2.5.
Image Attachments
zombie.jpg
 Signature 

B.J. Baye
Check out my Deviantart Profile.
My Amazon Author Page

Posted: 16 October 2012 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 195 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Wow, such good stuff. Where do I start?

@Ilena52: I like were you are going, but on my DEFAULT HD settings monitor I have to up my Gamma to see the image clear. As users we all need to remember the images are saved at Default, your settings maybe clear to you but when viewed on another PC it is shown in pure Default mode. Your monitor settings need to be DEFAULT (and calibrated to really see what others will.)

@aemccullough: I like the top one, I think it is the newest. I would do some fade out on the Magic arrow flight path. Strong at the Arrow but faded towards the start point. It would go better with the DOF that way. Just my two cents.

@dune411412: That looks very good and Sharp to me, I think you need more Effects to show the magic but that's just me. I also think the Hair should match in length, the NEW version looks to have MUCH longer hair than the other, kind of defeats the younger but same thing you are going for.

@Fobok1: Great render. Happy to see you in the thread.
 Signature 

13 of 18