Digital Art Zone

11 of 18
WIP THREAD for October NEW USERS CONTEST
Posted: 12 October 2012 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16
They're all gone.. He has cast his spell on the last living one.
 Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 12 October 2012 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16
and the last one was probably a poor innocent baby dragon, crying lonely in a cave... downer
 Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 12 October 2012 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7650
Joined  2009-05-14
Gedd - 12 October 2012 08:43 AM
and the last one was probably a poor innocent baby dragon, crying lonely in a cave... downer
naa I squished him
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 12 October 2012 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
chohole - 12 October 2012 08:38 AM
Szark - 12 October 2012 08:15 AM
Polluting...naaa all good stuff.

I can provide more reading material on the render settings if you wnat. LOL Just yell when you are ready.

I love jigsaws and I love the Mil dragon more than the Subdragon for the amount of tweeks and addons there are. Plus I am nuts about dragons as my wife is. We have over 200 resin dragon figures in our house, all over the place..

OOOH. Where do you find them all. Not sure I would have room for 200, but would like a few more to join the ones I have. I also have 2 glass dragons, a couple or 3 pewter ones and one made of Welsh Coal. Surprisingly enough he is a black dragon.

We mainly have enchantica dragons They were made originally by Holland Studios in the 80's then sold to Royal Dalton who ruined it and then sold again to god knows where. The figures used to be made and hand painted here in the UK so many of the early ones are better quality. The production went to Asia but the work became finer as the resin technology got better. We don't collect anymore as the ones on the market these days aren't worth the money.
 Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 12 October 2012 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15314
Joined  2003-10-09
bluemoon - 09 October 2012 04:08 PM
Maybe skulls as candle holders, will have to hunt for some as I don't have any skulls.

Bluemoon, we have a problem getting in touch with you. Can you please PM either Frank or myself again, and give us the correct email address that is associated with your account. You can PM us, we can't PM you
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 12 October 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15314
Joined  2003-10-09
Thanks bluemoon. PM on it's way to you now.
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 12 October 2012 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  219
Joined  2012-03-27
So how does this look like? Started out as a test to see if landscapes can be done with daz. Not those grand stuff one can do with bryce or even vue but a small simple forest scene. Looking at it now it will most probably turn out a second entry.
Image Attachments
Predena_verzija.jpg
 Signature 

In case you have some free time come see what’s displayed My deviantart gallerysmile
AD
“)

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_10.png

Posted: 12 October 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7538
Joined  2006-03-19
Very cool image
 Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 12 October 2012 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Ilena52 - 12 October 2012 05:13 PM
So how does this look like? Started out as a test to see if landscapes can be done with daz. Not those grand stuff one can do with bryce or even vue but a small simple forest scene. Looking at it now it will most probably turn out a second entry.
As Frank said (Hi Frank) very cool. And all my sets are DS. So yes you can make very nice landscapes with the right items. I think you just proved that.
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 13 October 2012 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4938
Joined  2006-08-27
Sorry I haven't been around much for this one (I have been lurking). I've had other commitments. They're done, but as I was working on this, one of my brothers two states away has had a medical emergency and I may not be able to participate more unless it resolves itself favorably.

Anyway, I really like what I've seen so far There's been some very cool concepts and the execution of them has been good. I really like the skeletal animal a couple posts back. I would like to see it in a more dynamic pose if possible (at least the tail anyway, it kind of just sticks straight out there).
Image Attachments
Halloween-2012.jpg
 Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 13 October 2012 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7538
Joined  2006-03-19
I really like the concept
 Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 13 October 2012 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14
Frank0314 - 13 October 2012 09:16 AM
yeah cool at first I thought he was in a hottub...sorry but that is what I saw in an instant. smile
 Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 13 October 2012 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  219
Joined  2012-03-27
evilproducer - 13 October 2012 07:01 AM
Sorry I haven't been around much for this one (I have been lurking). I've had other commitments. They're done, but as I was working on this, one of my brothers two states away has had a medical emergency and I may not be able to participate more unless it resolves itself favorably.

Anyway, I really like what I've seen so far There's been some very cool concepts and the execution of them has been good. I really like the skeletal animal a couple posts back. I would like to see it in a more dynamic pose if possible (at least the tail anyway, it kind of just sticks straight out there).

I've been wondering where are you. Very nice image. I hope your brother gets better.

As for the skeletal horse he's giving me a headache. I'm trying to get a more a more dynamic pose by looking at some horses pose reference but what bugs me the most its the tail. Trying to bend but it won't bend.

Signature 

In case you have some free time come see what’s displayed My deviantart gallerysmile
AD
“)

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_10.png

Posted: 13 October 2012 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  611
Joined  2010-02-25
I see very good images in here, good work grin
 Signature 

My renders on deviantART http://rendersas.deviantart.com/

Posted: 13 October 2012 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4938
Joined  2006-08-27
Szark - 13 October 2012 10:00 AM
Frank0314 - 13 October 2012 09:16 AM
yeah cool at first I thought he was in a hottub...sorry but that is what I saw in an instant. smile

I'm still working on the lighting, so hopefully it will become more apparent as to what the zombie is emerging from.
 Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

11 of 18