Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16
DS4 Render
Lisa's Creepy/Ancient Trees, Dead Bushes
MS Lycan
AoA Fog Camera
Glow Moon
Post Work: Ron's Fog PS Brushes

(I clicked on 'New Topic' instead of 'Reply' so it posted this to the wrong area. I am not used to forum topics that let you post to a totally new thread while in a thread like this one does.)
Image Attachments
Wolfman_001.jpg
 Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 10 October 2012 08:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2012-08-07
bartman23 - 10 October 2012 10:08 AM

see pics below and especially her right shoulder to her right arm you can see a glow refelection from the floor which is gone and I want that in the raytraced version too without altering it... the first one is Deep Shadow, second is Raytraced

thank you

I am no expert but have you played with the shadow softness of the light shining on that shoulder

Posted: 10 October 2012 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-07
Ilena52 - 09 October 2012 05:36 PM
New update version and the one with postwork in cs5. Might have overdid a bit with it though. Thoughts?

I like this one best. In my opinion it has the right amount of light and shadow plus to me the lighting seems to glow real nice.

Posted: 11 October 2012 02:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-07
Have been playing with this all day and had to do a good quality test render to get an idea of what the reflections look like. Stopped it at 70% as it is going to take a looooonnnnnggg time to finish.

Would love some feedback on what you think, should I add a bit more to the alter. I did have some candles on there but the volume camera and the trans maps on the flames don't play well together, the flame looks good but there is a grey square around it where the map is.
Image Attachments
E02test1-70.jpg

Posted: 11 October 2012 02:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14702
Joined  2009-01-22
WOW, I'm not going to go back and comment on each render but each of you listen up. Each and Every WIP post so far has shown how each artist can improve from one version to the next. And Even the first versions that are posted show great talent and imagination.
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 11 October 2012 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2012-04-02
bluemoon - 11 October 2012 02:44 AM
Have been playing with this all day and had to do a good quality test render to get an idea of what the reflections look like. Stopped it at 70% as it is going to take a looooonnnnnggg time to finish.

Would love some feedback on what you think, should I add a bit more to the alter. I did have some candles on there but the volume camera and the trans maps on the flames don't play well together, the flame looks good but there is a grey square around it where the map is.

I like it
- but I also like darkness so maybe left corner next to the window a bit darker?

The skull looks cool - and the mask - and a lot of thinks lol.
I see you do things I don't know how so I'm watching this one smile

Posted: 11 October 2012 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-04-02
bluemoon - 10 October 2012 08:10 PM
bartman23 - 10 October 2012 10:08 AM

see pics below and especially her right shoulder to her right arm you can see a glow refelection from the floor which is gone and I want that in the raytraced version too without altering it... the first one is Deep Shadow, second is Raytraced

thank you

I am no expert but have you played with the shadow softness of the light shining on that shoulder

No I haven't - I think I'm just rendering the wrong way - hard to explain.
I started test-renders to see what I can squeeze out of it.

Posted: 11 October 2012 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-04-02
Gedd - 10 October 2012 07:43 PM
DS4 Render
Lisa's Creepy/Ancient Trees, Dead Bushes
MS Lycan
AoA Fog Camera
Glow Moon
Post Work: Ron's Fog PS Brushes

(I clicked on 'New Topic' instead of 'Reply' so it posted this to the wrong area. I am not used to forum topics that let you post to a totally new thread while in a thread like this one does.)

Wow - nice atmosphere - do you have by any chance still your 'dirty' unretouched render?

Posted: 11 October 2012 05:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2322
Joined  2011-11-16
bartman23 - 11 October 2012 05:50 AM
..do you have by any chance still your 'dirty' unretouched render?

Was actually thinking about redoing it with subtler ground fog.
Image Attachments
Wolfman_001_no_ground_fog.jpg
 Signature 

Just because I may have a strong opinion doesn’t make it any more (or less) correct than any other, just that I feel passionately a particular way at that moment.

Posted: 11 October 2012 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7212
Joined  2009-05-14
Sorry been a tad busy with home life

Jaderail - 09 October 2012 03:05 PM

Szark - 09 October 2012 03:03 PM
and I 100% agreed with you Jad and never took it to be anything else. raspberry
You are correct kind sir. I just felt a tad bit of clear the air was needed. wink
Na you don't need to do that with me...I am so chilled out these days nothing much upsets me.

Ilena52 Nothing to add and I thought it better if we/I left you choose which one you were happy with. I think it turned out great to be honest. I think the one you ended up posting in the main thread was the right choice.

bartman23 Let see if we can get on the same page with your question. smile Are you refering to how light the shadows are in one render and not in the other?

dune411412 - 10 October 2012 07:07 PM
and as you can see it is still comming out soft, i rendered this in png i have no idea what do to next
Much better but what do you mean by "soft". PNG, Jpeg or BMP shouldn't make much difference only in Quialty BMP, PNG and then Jpeg being the lowest quality. At these small sizes I would opt for jpeg.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 11 October 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  993
Joined  2007-04-08
Much happier with the lighting in this version, and as you can see I've started to add a little more to the image. There's more in the version I'm working on now but that won't be ready to render until weekend I suspect. Let me know what you think so far.

Also, I think I'm just about within the TOS with the flame heading towards the girl on the floor. Although there's definitely oncoming terror and violence I decided to make the shot before the flame got very close. Hopefully this will be ok. If not, let me know and I'll do some editing. But before you do, please bear in mind it took a lot of effort to get those poses and lighting set up and I'll cry a bit if I have to change them!

Image Attachments
Oct2012Newbie3.png
 Signature 

You’re never too old for metaballs!  ~Michael Frank

Posted: 11 October 2012 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4280
Joined  2004-07-01
its to dark add some more light - poses are fine

Posted: 11 October 2012 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2011-09-27
szark
it just seems like before the render the image is a bit more clearer than after, just a littler blurry
im looking at my render setting
 Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_03.png

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-07
Latest version and a full render this time.
Image Attachments
crystalSkull01.jpg

Posted: 11 October 2012 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7212
Joined  2009-05-14
dune411412 - 11 October 2012 03:33 PM
szark
it just seems like before the render the image is a bit more clearer than after, just a littler blurry
im looking at my render setting
OK I think I understand, not as crisp as you want it. Post a screenshot of your Advanced Render settings and lets see what can be done.
 Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

9 of 18