Digital Art Zone

Underwater scene
Posted: 03 October 2012 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2009-07-07

My attempt at an underwater scene, using the Caustics tutorial from David Brinnen, still not what I had in my minds eye, I wanted to try and get godrays as well but well over my head at the moment..
the sharks I downloaded.

Image Attachments
ShipWreck.jpg

Posted: 21 October 2012 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1585
Joined  2005-02-25

This is beautiful… I am downloading and installing bryce in an effort to be able to make this smile

Posted: 21 October 2012 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2554
Joined  2004-07-06

The underwater scene looks good, the foreground material particularly, in terms of scale I would suggest that you should reduce the size of your caustic pattern - as things stand, it seems a little bit large.

Signature 

that Bryce Tutorials Info and this Products made by Horo and myself and a link to my gallery at DAZ 3D

Posted: 21 October 2012 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3452
Joined  2004-10-01
shaykall - 03 October 2012 04:44 AM

My attempt at an underwater scene, using the Caustics tutorial from David Brinnen, still not what I had in my minds eye, I wanted to try and get godrays as well but well over my head at the moment..
the sharks I downloaded.

Excellent result. I like it. Just the size of the caustics, as David mentioned. It should match the size of the small waves on the surface which cause the light pattern.

Signature 

**  [ Stuff by David Brinnen and myself**  [ My DAZ 3D Gallery**  [ My Website**  OPC 4565 **