I’m working with your more than excellent tutorial too!!!
I try with v3 heels. I still have problems with toes, and regardless I obtain a good fit with genesis, some shapes, like toon shapes, destroy the shoe tip. My first solution was to increase smoothing iteration, but this also destroy the shoe. Now, I’m testing with push modifier, collision iterations to zero or one, combined with smooth iteration, with some good results, but I even need to hide toes.
If you include weight-mapping and morphs it is a great great great aid to me (us).
The zev0’s bodysuit idea also can be useful for genesis shoes in extreme shapes. I recommend to experiment with push modifier or something like this.
Thank you too…
Another of the problems with the toes is that the original shoe was modeled for a specific figure, ie: V3, V4. Re-fitting for Genesis will look best on the equivalent Genesis shape, but any shape that has a similar foot shape will also look good. The problem with some shapes (toons) is that the shapes also change the feet and toes. This results in mostly the toe area of the shoes distorting as the shoe tries to fit the foot shape, but also the sides of the foot may start to bulge out of the shoe.
This is where morphs are needed to replace the Auto-Generated morphs that fitting to Genesis creates. Even if a Auto-Fit solution is made for foot-wear, this would still be a problem, just as it is with some other clothing items.
Another issue with some shape morphs can be hidden JCM’s on the feet that have Auto-Follow enabled. These will also cause distortions to the shoes and would need to be turned off.
One fix for the toes poking out the sides of the shoes is to see if you have a ‘Toe Morph’ or ‘Feet for Shoes’ morph on Genesis, or something similar. Also you can use deformers on the toes and use the ‘Side-Side’ for the big toe to move it in.
The ‘Push Modifier’ on the shoes works to a degree, however what it does is inflate the entire shoe, including the heel. Now this generally looks okay on the toon figures as it sort of fits the style, but doesn’t look all that good on a realistic figure.
I’m trying to be very thorough on the new tutorial, using allot of pictures and explaining the steps in an easy to understand way, and in the easiest way possible. So it’s taking quite some time to do. The tutorial I did before I put together in one night without sleeping, and I even left out the last step. Thankfully, someone pointed out that something seemed to be missing, and I quickly put up the revised version. I don’t want to make that mistake again… The unfortunate part is that I don’t have allot of time available to work on it, so it’s been taking awhile to do.