Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
mcjAudioMation - Animations from audio files—First version Released !
Posted: 19 October 2012 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1893
Joined  2006-01-19
CleverApe - 18 October 2012 10:30 PM

The pz2 file method seems to work very well. I haven’t been able to use the dsa method, because the pop-up that’s supposed to appear hasn’‘t made an appearance. I don’t know if it’s the software, of just a foible of my computer (XP SP3, Daz 3). The content of the dsa files created are lists of numbers, with nothing else at the end of the file. I hope that helps.

Thanks for this Casual. Like your other software - especially the spline smoother, and the materials animator - this stuff will come in very useful.

my mistake ! the zip file was supposed to contain the program, plus a script named   mcjAudioMation.dsa.

The program appends this code to the script it produces for you.

(  i included another script by mistake )

so. right now ... i uploaded a new zip package that includes mcjAudioMation.dsa.

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/mcjaudiomation/mcjAudioMation.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

—-

btw i found out that when i run DS3 then run DS4.5, crashes are almost guaranteed, but if i run DS4.5 after a fresh reboot, i can work without crashing too quickly

Posted: 19 October 2012 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  update ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  update ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  update ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  update ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  update ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

i uploaded a new version that includes a key component missing in the initial release

without this component the Daz scripts produced by mcjAudioMation don’t work !

thanks to CleverApe fpr telling me

Posted: 23 October 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-06-25

Thanks Casual. I’ve given the new dsa package a quick try, and it seems fine.

Sadly I seem to have jumped the gun a bit when I said the Pz2 method was working well. I’ve only been able to animate props. Actor Pz2’s don’t have any inpact. I managed to animate M4’s limbs okay using the Props setting & targeting “rotationY yrot” etc, but it doesn’t seem to work for abdomen, chest, neck etc. No joy with morphs either.

Any suggestions?

Posted: 23 October 2012 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
CleverApe - 23 October 2012 11:07 AM

Thanks Casual. I’ve given the new dsa package a quick try, and it seems fine.

Sadly I seem to have jumped the gun a bit when I said the Pz2 method was working well. I’ve only been able to animate props. Actor Pz2’s don’t have any inpact. I managed to animate M4’s limbs okay using the Props setting & targeting “rotationY yrot” etc, but it doesn’t seem to work for abdomen, chest, neck etc. No joy with morphs either.

Any suggestions?

for the pz2s, i did very few tests and only in Daz Studio
a while ago i remember i made figures that worked in Daz Studio but crashed poser

so maybe the pz2s i produce in mcjAudioMation are not standard enough for Poser’s tastes

i should get around to fixing that soon

in poser, if you animate a character’s abdomen, then save this as a pz2

then using notepad you compare it with the pz2 produced by mcjAudioMation, you should be able to figure what’s the problem

for example, maybe the proper name is “rotationY Twist” instead of “rotationY yrot”

Posted: 24 October 2012 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-06-25

Thanks for the advice. By the way, I’m using DAZ 3, so I used the Poser Format Exporter to create a short animated pz2 of an abdomen Twist.

The M4 abdomen movement problem seems to have been solved by using “rotateY yrot” rather than “rotationY yrot”.

I’ve got the head morphs to work by preceding them with three letters. e.g. The head morph “MouthSmilerOpen” needs to be “PHMMouthSmilerOpen”. I guess PHM means Poser Head Morph. I suspect body morphs will require the suffix PBM (though I haven’t tested it).

Just one other very minor cosmetic issue I ought to mention: I notice that your program displays the WAV waveform with the left channel at the bottom. In my experience software usually displays the left channel at the top, and the right channel at the bottom. Not a vital issue, but it was enough to make me check that the channel info itself hadn’t been swapped (it’s okay).

Posted: 24 October 2012 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-19
CleverApe - 24 October 2012 05:06 AM

Thanks for the advice. By the way, I’m using DAZ 3, so I used the Poser Format Exporter to create a short animated pz2 of an abdomen Twist.

The M4 abdomen movement problem seems to have been solved by using “rotateY yrot” rather than “rotationY yrot”.

I’ve got the head morphs to work by preceding them with three letters. e.g. The head morph “MouthSmilerOpen” needs to be “PHMMouthSmilerOpen”. I guess PHM means Poser Head Morph. I suspect body morphs will require the suffix PBM (though I haven’t tested it).

Just one other very minor cosmetic issue I ought to mention: I notice that your program displays the WAV waveform with the left channel at the bottom. In my experience software usually displays the left channel at the top, and the right channel at the bottom. Not a vital issue, but it was enough to make me check that the channel info itself hadn’t been swapped (it’s okay).

i added the pz2 files mostly for Poser users and was thinking, eventually i may make it similar to the daz-script files, so when you’re in Poser you could select which character/body part or morph gets the mcjAudiomation data, but that will have to wait until i seriously look into Poser-python programming

in a next version i could add the possibility to select target channel names from lists.

2 of 2