Pending UVW: 1x Knife, 4x Separate Flints

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 08 October 2012 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16408
Joined  2009-01-22

Okay, talked with some Poser Guru’s, and DS folks. Not a clue why pp2 smart propping is not working. I’m going to just do all the Genesis Smart Props as DS4.5 files now. That will limit the Genesis users to the newest version of DS but it’s all I can do.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 08 October 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1776
Joined  2011-07-31

I wanted to ask if the crooked implements were supposed to be that way.  Then I read further and yep, they are.  You guys are doing a good job.

Something about smart props flitted at the edge of my brain, but wouldn’t land.  If it ever comes back I’ll let you know.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 08 October 2012 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1644
Joined  2010-10-10

They look good Spyro and Jaderail.

If they are anything like your bow and quiver I downloaded then people will be well pleased.grin

Signature 

Wendy

My freestuff: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Wilmap

Tutorial: http://www.sharecg.com/v/69943/view/3/PDF-Tutorial/How-to-install-zip-files

PLEASE NOTE:
My items are NOT to be used on Second Life website.  They have recently changed their TOS and are legally able to take/steal anything uploaded and resell/redistribute to items.

Posted: 08 October 2012 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Thank you folks, and If I ever crack the issue in the pp2’s or if I have to there will be a new set of Smart Prop files for Spyro’s NEW FGBow set, done in the DS4.5 Format . The FGbow set has a bow a quiver and a arrow with it Wilmap. If you have not got it yet it’s nice. Hint the Arrow will also work with the Tribal bow that is already up, the Smart Proping for V4 and Genesis for the Tribal bow is up as well.

Yep Anne, some of the items are made to have crooks in them, you can not always find that perfect thing when your living off the land. I’ll be doing V4 M4 and Genesis Smart Props for the Primitive items as well. Just as soon as I get them and finish the FGbow set.

As long as Spyro makes Props I’ll be right here adding what I can to the sets. Including Pose packs which are in the works for the Tribal bow right now.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 08 October 2012 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4851
Joined  2009-02-26

Quick update.

Completed UVW: 2x Spear, 4xKnives

Pending UVW: 4x Separate Flints

————————————

I do however have a problem.

The 2nd spear, the bent one, which I UV mapped successfully has a issue in DAZ with it’s smoothing. It’s gone all spastic on me and I not sure how to fix it.

Image Attachments
SGError.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Looks like the bend crosses a mat zone. So the mat is bent to reflect the under-laying distortion of the actual mesh. Or it could be the mesh is actually bent in that part of the item. If you just bent the first model I bet on #2. To follow the bend the wrap would have needed to be modeled after the bend was in the mesh. Then it would have followed the way you modeled it to go with the bend.

P.S. It will not matter, who want’s to render the wrap handle so close it will matter anyway? I can see it happening if the bend was added after the wrap was modeled into the mesh. Next time you will know to bend the mesh (base) before you model in the details. I think that is what happened.

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Yeah, this one isn’t a morph of the original one, its the original bent spear, I modeled alongside the straight one. I have no smoothing issues in Max, In fact I switched off smoothing so that Daz didn’t want to double up smoothing… But Daz has just made it crazy anyway.

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Okay it must be just the way DS reads a mesh file. Your the modeler, I’m just a want to be in that area. I did chat with some DS and Poser folks and it is confirmed, pp2 files will not Smartparent (Smart Prop) to three of the genesis body bones. It might be that a PP2 exporter has not been written that understands the new bones in the Genesis figure. I was hoping the proper node name would work but I think it’s got more to do with the nodes the exporter expects to see.

I’m doing DS4.5 data file versions as I type, still learning as I go. Done goofed up twice. cheese

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Will PP2 accept smart prop to chest alone? (I assume your problems have been only with the quiver)

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

In regards to the Bent Spear, I’m thinking I’ll just get rid of the problem area (the smoothing error cord wrapping) But first I’ll try exporting Max smoothing groups… If it works, My creations are going to be MUCH more realistic in the future! Fingers Crossed cheese

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Spyro - 08 October 2012 07:03 PM

Will PP2 accept smart prop to chest alone? (I assume your problems have been only with the quiver)

It works 100% for V4 and M4 just not for Genesis. The quiver is ready for V4 and M4 but I’m forced to do Data files to get the Quiver to smart prop to genesis. I’m glad I know now, or I would have spent hours doing a Genesis pose file that none of the items parented when loaded. People mostly edit a pose to get it to be what they want, if the props stayed in place when they moved the pose it would really make what I’m doing useless, they could just do all the work on their own. I want the user to load the Pose then load the Smart propped item(s) and then just do what they want from that point. No extra steps, like needing to parent the props to the proper part of the figure. I want click, click, click, click and your ready to render or edit.

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Oh I get it… Yeah that has been an issue with many Genesis products… You cant move them at all! I hate that lol Sure I want it to load up and parent to the area it’s supposed to be, but soooo many times I’ve wanted to adjust it, and it doesn’t let you.

Signature 

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Spyro - 08 October 2012 07:32 PM

Oh I get it… Yeah that has been an issue with many Genesis products… You cant move them at all! I hate that lol Sure I want it to load up and parent to the area it’s supposed to be, but soooo many times I’ve wanted to adjust it, and it doesn’t let you.

Okay, give me a example, I’m sure I know how to get past that. Just using DS no code needed. Some stuff just needs the Fit To added after a load, and stuff like that.

Signature 

4 of 11