Digital Art Zone

3 of 11
Spyro and Jaderail Collaborative Projects
Posted: 07 October 2012 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Okay, I’ve had some up and downs with my health for the last week or so. Today is a much better day and I think I’m on the mend and I do feel much better. So I got some more done today. Here are the M4 Smart Propped FBQuiver for the new set, the Bow has been done as well. And just for fun, a teaser, here is one of the Icon’s for the Pose set for the Tribal Bow set.

Image Attachments
Capture.pngCapture1.pngV4.png
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 07 October 2012 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4909
Joined  2009-02-26

That is a fantastic icon!! Very well done, I cant wait to see the rest! cheese M4 is lookin great too!

I’m glad you’re feeling better today smile

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 07 October 2012 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Full test render of the V4 Tribal Bow pose. Any thoughts? I can still tweak things, also remember it is just the Upper body pose, the legs can be posed differently as well as the angle of the hips.

EDIT: Please advice on the hand gripping the bow. That is the one I plan to include as the Default hand pose.

Image Attachments
Test-Render.png
 Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 07 October 2012 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Well I have to say that’s pretty darn spot on! Note I love the torso bend you’ve got going there, very nice. The hands are looking great too, and particularly the one grasping the bow.. It really looks like she’s holding it! It can take ages to get that just right and I think you nailed it. smile I think the pose flows very well.

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Ok, I bout to begin UV mapping. Note, this is the last time for changes, as I cant edit the geometry after applying UV. I need to know if your happy with the scaling, which will become the default 100%, and also any last min alterations?

Image Attachments
SpearScaleing.jpgUD5_1.jpgUD5_2.jpgUD5_3.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Also, Ignore the purple stone, It wont be a prop, it was just the original flint made.

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22
Spyro - 07 October 2012 05:57 PM

Also, Ignore the purple stone, It wont be a prop, it was just the original flint made.

I think all that looks spot on. I’m one happy camper. This will move my project from thinking to the full setup stage.

P.S. To any lurkers. Please pop in and post comments. If you think things need work just say so. All this will be in on the web before long speak up so we know what you think.

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Having an awful time UV mapping the bent shafts, largely because it is such high in poly count. They are a lot more time consuming, However, It may be possible to send the original straight ones to hexagon and create morphs to make them bent… I wont need to create additional UV’s If it’s done that way. Just means it will have to be done after I’ve completed the originals in daz. Perhaps an expansion maybe? At this stage, I’ll finish UV mapping the straight ones and export it ready for textures. That way you’ll have something to work with smile

The bent hilt on the knife will be easy enough top do… Just the bent spear with all the cord wrappings and stuff, It’s all a bit much.

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

That’s easy enough for me to add when needed. I know how to Bend and such in Hex. You go ahead and do what’s good for you. Like you said this is for fun not money. If money was involved sure the hard road would be better. I’m just playing and having fun right now, you do the same.

I think we might be 98% alone in the thread. No pop in comments yet, only bigh so far. Maybe we are doing stuff right so others do not feel the need to speak up.

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

LOL maybe so… But the studio forum has often got quiet moments. It’s more so worse when you post a highly worked on render and no one says anything. But hey, we all cant be every where at once smile I’ve done the straight spear! Working on the knives now.

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I’m going to package up the Smart Prop set for the FGBow set after I eat. I’m cooking right now. You’ll have it to add Icons to and test out later. What is your Current time? I would like to try to get my times set so I know when to expect you around.

Example: Most days I’m up online by 10am my time with off time from 9pm to 1am depending on the day of the week. I know you work but you surf on your phone. If you give me examples of your day and the current time for you I can keep that in mind as I get stuff done. It’s 9:15PM for me at post.

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

Right now it’s 130pm ‘Australian Eastern Standard Time’. Includes Sydney and Melbourne.

Lol yeah if work not to busy, especially Sundays usually I on iphone. I work nights, so my sleeping pattern varies considerably. Moday mornings after night shift I have been only goin to bed for a couple of hours so that I can adjust my sleeping pattern for the week. Thurs-Mon I am in night mode (~2pm-4am), lately I been on line pretty much all the time when at home.TV bores me, it all ‘C’ grade rubbish. Mon-Thurs I try to be a day walker best I can. vampire so that can range from ~10am - 1am.

What time zone are you? I’ll ad a clock to my phone lol

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

I’m in UTC - 06:00 US Central and Canada. Whats your UTC?

EDIT Nevermind Got it now.

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-02-26

UTC +10:00 Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Thank goodness I test everything before I send it to you. I just noticed that the Quiver does NOT smart prop to Genesis in a pp2 file. The Bow will but I can not get the Quiver to do it. It’s to late to do now (need sleep) but I’ll convert it to a DS Genesis Prop tomorrow (that means a Data Folder for all Spyro Genesis sets.) No biggie fast and easy. I’m just glad I caught that, just because it loads in the proper place does not mean it Parented. Lesson learned.

Good night.

Signature 

3 of 11