Digital Art Zone

6 of 8
The new Itemized Order History area
Posted: 26 May 2012 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-09-04

One thing that would be nice, is to have a secondary place to reset your products, like the actual purchase order, since it lists the products you’ve purchased and now looks like the individual product files.

-jack

Posted: 26 May 2012 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  2010-03-15
tekun - 26 May 2012 05:08 PM

One thing that would be nice, is to have a secondary place to reset your products, like the actual purchase order, since it lists the products you’ve purchased and now looks like the individual product files.

-jack

You can do that straight from the spreadsheet and never open daz except for purchases and updating your spreadsheet.

You can do keyword searches, too, to make sure previous purchases are not repeated and also keep track of bundled products, so those don’t get re-purchased by accident.

Especially now that the site evidently no longer warns us if we’ve bought something before, or not.

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven
website: http://WillowRaven.weebly.com ~ blog: http://willowraven-illustration.blogspot.com/
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Posted: 26 May 2012 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1198
Joined  2007-11-30

OMG! I forgot something entirely! You know that sometimes DAZ3D offers bundles, and in the past bundles had their own identity-code; ps_bn#### (I think). I wish they’d ‘disintegrate’ the bundles after purchase, so that when you need to reset one item, you don’t get a load of other stuff as well reset (because you want to control exactly what items you need). And another thing, the items inside the bundles aren’t shown in the Itemized History, so you don’t really know if you have that thing.

I’ll post an example; say you have deleted the Martian Warmachine-item, but you got it through the Think Outside The Box 1-bundle. You won’t find the Martian warmachine in your Itemized History, but you’ll find the Think Outside The Box 1-bundle…

My wish is that these bundles act purely as sales-cathegory in your payment history, while the contents themselves are added into the Itemized History-list, thus ‘exploding’  the Think Outside The Box 1-bundle.

The description of what the bundles contains, should be listed in the email when you buy it, so you have a receipt of having bought those items.

Posted: 26 May 2012 09:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-15
Norse Graphics - 26 May 2012 09:01 PM

OMG! I forgot something entirely! You know that sometimes DAZ3D offers bundles, and in the past bundles had their own identity-code; ps_bn#### (I think). I wish they’d ‘disintegrate’ the bundles after purchase, so that when you need to reset one item, you don’t get a load of other stuff as well reset (because you want to control exactly what items you need). And another thing, the items inside the bundles aren’t shown in the Itemized History, so you don’t really know if you have that thing.

I’ll post an example; say you have deleted the Martian Warmachine-item, but you got it through the Think Outside The Box 1-bundle. You won’t find the Martian warmachine in your Itemized History, but you’ll find the Think Outside The Box 1-bundle…

My wish is that these bundles act purely as sales-cathegory in your payment history, while the contents themselves are added into the Itemized History-list, thus ‘exploding’  the Think Outside The Box 1-bundle.

The description of what the bundles contains, should be listed in the email when you buy it, so you have a receipt of having bought those items.

That’s why I have been resetting my bundles so I can copy the individual file names from the avail downloads page to the spread sheet under the bundle listing.

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven
website: http://WillowRaven.weebly.com ~ blog: http://willowraven-illustration.blogspot.com/
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.

Posted: 26 May 2012 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5118
Joined  2005-04-16
jcadiram - 26 May 2012 03:55 PM

What really bugs me is that when I purchase a product and go to download it I can no longer filter by Mac or PC, and have to scroll backwards and forwards to make sure I’ve got all the bits I need.

I find they usually follow a predictable pattern:
PC
Mac
PC
Mac.

One helpful hint…click and drag the mouse over the plain text to highlight it.  Then click on the link to download…the text stays highlighted.  That way you can at least be sure of the last thing you downloaded.  Be sure to click on the link, though…if you miss and click anywhere that’s not a link, it will deselect the highlight.  And use Alt-Tab (in Windows) to move back to that window, or click on the title bar of the browser…if you forget and click on the page somewhere, it will deselect the highlighted text.

Hope that helps!

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 27 May 2012 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  143
Joined  2005-04-06

AidanaWillowRaven, it is very kind of you to create a spreadsheet and tut.  It will save me lots of time.  I actually have a table with all my old stuff, from the former site.  Unfortunately, I like how you have everything ordered, incl resets.  So I guess I will have to bite the bullet and start on my 3000+ products.    downer

Signature 

Former Post count 2152.  Somehow adding this makes it hurt a bit less. 

Posted: 27 May 2012 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-03-15
Wiccan1 - 27 May 2012 12:02 AM

AidanaWillowRaven, it is very kind of you to create a spreadsheet and tut.  It will save me lots of time.  I actually have a table with all my old stuff, from the former site.  Unfortunately, I like how you have everything ordered, incl resets.  So I guess I will have to bite the bullet and start on my 3000+ products.    downer

I feel your pain ... I had to copy over page by page. At only 50 per page, it is an endeavor. But once done, it will be simpler to keep up with. I have already reset several things that got lost in my computer shufflings. So between the keyword search ability and the hot link, it’s turning out to be invaluable.

Oh, and guys, no need to use my full name ... lol. It’s a handful to type. ;P

Signature 

Aidana WillowRaven

Posted: 27 May 2012 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5482
Joined  2006-02-20

Thank you very much for your tutorial! grin

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 27 May 2012 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2006-08-21
pinkdaisy - 26 May 2012 11:39 AM
fixmypcmike - 25 May 2012 06:54 PM

Pinkdaisy, have you contacted DAZ 3D by emailing support @ daz3d.com (with the spaces removed)?  DAZ 3D support does not read every post in the forums, and the Moderation Team has no access to anyone’s account information.  You may also want to remove your credit card information now that we have a new store—as has been noted repeatedly, the old store was falling apart and it took the web team’s full time effort to hold it together.

Thank you for letting me know which department Ito contact. Do I have much hope of success? NO. Nevertheless, I will give it a try.

Let us know how this goes for you. Curious.

Signature 

CG and Me

Posted: 27 May 2012 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2005-07-23
booksbydavid - 27 May 2012 10:02 AM

Pinkdaisy, have you contacted DAZ 3D by emailing support @ daz3d.com (with the spaces removed)?  DAZ 3D support does not read every post in the forums, and the Moderation Team has no access to anyone’s account information.  You may also want to remove your credit card information now that we have a new store—as has been noted repeatedly, the old store was falling apart and it took the web team’s full time effort to hold it together.

Thank you for letting me know which department Ito contact. Do I have much hope of success? NO. Nevertheless, I will give it a try.

I have sent you a PM. Unfortunately, the PM is not working correctly either. There is nothing in my “Sent” box. Would it be possible to let me know if you have received my PM and if you received all of it.? It is fairly long.

Posted: 27 May 2012 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2003-10-09
Norse Graphics - 26 May 2012 09:01 PM

I don’t know how up to date this BUNDLE LIST is, but grab it while you can before it too disappears..  http://home.arcor.de/familie.reichow/3D/fwb1.html

Then, after they get this forum running correctly, search for the old forums “Fun With Bundles 2” topic.

Posted: 27 May 2012 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7486
Joined  2006-03-19
pinkdaisy - 27 May 2012 11:08 AM

I have sent you a PM. Unfortunately, the PM is not working correctly either. There is nothing in my “Sent” box. Would it be possible to let me know if you have received my PM and if you received all of it.? It is fairly long.

I’ve sent out a couple dozen PM’s they all went through with the exception of one. Them not showing in the sent box is a know issue.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 27 May 2012 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5118
Joined  2005-04-16

There’s a checkbox you have to check in order to save a copy of your message in the sent box.  hmmm

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 27 May 2012 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2006-08-21

I got it. Thanks. I sent you a reply.

Signature 

CG and Me

Posted: 28 May 2012 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  988
Joined  2003-10-09

I have no intention of taking 4600 products and entering them in a spreadsheet because DAZ has messed up. I’ve been toodling around the store and it just doesn’t feel the same. Even if DAZ has a big sale or gives out a ginormous coupon I’m not biting without a way for the store to inform me as to whether I’ve already purchased something or not.

I’m just assuming they’re working on fixing this mess. Until then pfeh.

6 of 8