Digital Art Zone

I can’t use the program
Posted: 02 October 2012 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-10-02

I used the Poser 7.0 to animate and create characters, my Pc was formatted and I wanted try new alts, then I read about Daz and it seemed awesome, and more being free. But now I’m disappointed: I download the program yesterday, and I can’t do anything with it still (I don’t know if it has limited time). I checked tutorials, but when I am in the Daz Studio, I don’t have a doll alike I watch in the videos. It seems I don’t have nothing in my libreries, haven’t a basic doll even to animate it. I think if the user has to purchase the basic dummy, they should say it. Now it’s only a space occupied uselessly in my Pc… I hope someone answer my question about what I can to do to use the program, but for my experience in forums…. I go to dust my poser DVD

Posted: 02 October 2012 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1815
Joined  2011-07-31

Did you download and install the Essentials file too?  That’s where the Genesis figure is and other files as well.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 02 October 2012 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6191
Joined  2005-08-15
caminantesolitario - 02 October 2012 01:46 PM

I used the Poser 7.0 to animate and create characters, my Pc was formatted and I wanted try new alts, then I read about Daz and it seemed awesome, and more being free. But now I’m disappointed: I download the program yesterday, and I can’t do anything with it still (I don’t know if it has limited time). I checked tutorials, but when I am in the Daz Studio, I don’t have a doll alike I watch in the videos. It seems I don’t have nothing in my libreries, haven’t a basic doll even to animate it. I think if the user has to purchase the basic dummy, they should say it. Now it’s only a space occupied uselessly in my Pc… I hope someone answer my question about what I can to do to use the program, but for my experience in forums…. I go to dust my poser DVD

First of all, did you ‘buy’ DAZ Studio 4 Pro from the store and go through the checkout?

If you did, as AtticAnne says, you have to download and install the Genesis Starter Essentis file as well, it contains the content.

The program is the FULL version, and is not limited in any way.  The program as downloaded is the Standard version, and you will need to enter the Pro serial number which you will find in your ‘My Account’ area under Available Serial codes.  We prefer to call them figures, as opposed to dolls or dummies.

Does that help you?

Posted: 02 October 2012 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7628
Joined  2009-05-14

You can call me a dummy though… I won’t mind…honest. smile

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 02 October 2012 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Szark - 02 October 2012 04:23 PM

You can call me a dummy though… I won’t mind…honest. smile

You in the right thread?

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 02 October 2012 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7628
Joined  2009-05-14

LOL Probably not…so you see I am not wrong.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 05 October 2012 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-10-02

oh thanks for all; yes, Genesis Esencials were the problem. I just downloaded it…. Now I have my Library and figure, then I’ll make my “Oppa Gangnam Style” animation XD. Did you think that should use my powers for good? Thanks a lot