Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
Platinum Club announcement restricted to current PC members?
Posted: 02 October 2012 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2007-03-07
fixmypcmike - 02 October 2012 03:28 PM
LmWolfSpirit - 02 October 2012 03:12 PM
T Jaiman - 02 October 2012 01:20 PM

The 50% off is added to the 30% existing discount = 70%      (Chohole noted this while I was off checking my memory on the pricing)

*Shakes the calculator* Dang it! No matter what I do I cannot seem to get 50% and 30% to add up to 70%!

The 30% is 40% for October, so .5 * .6 = .3

LOL, I had already figured out the higher math. (Although, if you add 50+30, it still isn’t 70 . . . even though I know what you mean.)

Because of the wording of the message, many people may not understand the true nature of the discount. The notice makes it look like the discount is 50% off the regular prices. Someone may want to edit that.

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  710
Joined  2008-04-30

Voting ends on Thursday Oct 4 and we’ll put the items on sale Friday.

Your choices are:

1. Trey for M4
2. Arkangel
3. Doctor Bundle
4. Freya’s Courage Realm
5. Battle Maiden
6. M4 Leather Jacket
7. Pyrit Hair
8. Journeyer Scout for M4
9. Reby Sky Elite Hair
10. Blood Bound

Is this it?!?!?!?!  As said the list of votable items is typically *MUCH* longer!  Wow.  And of these 10, how many makes the PC discounted rate?

Ouch!

-MJ

Posted: 02 October 2012 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2008-05-09
MJ007 - 02 October 2012 09:02 PM

Voting ends on Thursday Oct 4 and we’ll put the items on sale Friday.

Your choices are:

1. Trey for M4
2. Arkangel
3. Doctor Bundle
4. Freya’s Courage Realm
5. Battle Maiden
6. M4 Leather Jacket
7. Pyrit Hair
8. Journeyer Scout for M4
9. Reby Sky Elite Hair
10. Blood Bound

Is this it?!?!?!?!  As said the list of votable items is typically *MUCH* longer!  Wow.  And of these 10, how many makes the PC discounted rate?

Ouch!

-MJ

It should also be noted that the Doctor Bundle actually was in last year’s PC voting (I checked my purchase history, I bought it for $1.99 last year), so anyone who participated in last year’s sale likely has that one already.  Journeyer Scout for M4 is also in the M4 Toughness Bundle (the first one), which was also voted into the $1.99 sale last year.  And Freya’s Courage Realm includes the Freya outfit which was also part of a bundle that got voted into last year’s sale (think it was the Really Good Bundle, can’t say for sure)...

Plus, 70% off is NOT the same as $1.99….Let’s use Freya’s Courage Realm as an example:

Original Cost: $39.95
With 70% Discount: $11.98

True, that’s a pretty decent discount, but that’s still $9.99 HIGHER than the usual PC Sale price (that’s $9.99 that could go towards other items IF a $1.99 sale was going on)

It’s kinda hard to justify $30 for ONE MONTH of PC Membership without the $1.99 sale.  (I know, it’s technically $7.95 a month, but there’s a $22 activation fee….hmmm….you know, DAZ, if you were to get rid of that activation fee, even if just for the month of the PC Sale, I’m sure more people might consider joining….though again, the lack of a $1.99 sale is still a dealbreaker for me)

Signature 

My deviantArt Gallery

Posted: 03 October 2012 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-30

That’s VERY disappointing indeed!

-MJ

Posted: 03 October 2012 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10983
Joined  2005-10-07

maybe the new store software can’t do fixed price sales?  as opposed to percents.

man, i feel like an old veteran.

This year I’m gonna sit back and watch the new members be enthusiastic for the festivities.  wink

Signature 

°  °   °   °   °   ° Ye Olde RealmsGalaxies

Posted: 03 October 2012 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2008-06-29

A couple of points for those looking at the members Choice voting this year.

1. Of the ten items listed 5 will go on sale for 50% off.
2. The voting ends on Thursday, and the items go live at the discounted price on Friday

I assume that (and I thought I read it somewhere but I can’t find it now - maybe I imagined it) that a new list will appear next week, 50% off is not as good as $1.99 but I guess we’ll have to see.

Signature 

My Gallery

Posted: 03 October 2012 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02
Kinich - 03 October 2012 10:06 AM

I assume that (and I thought I read it somewhere but I can’t find it now - maybe I imagined it) that a new list will appear next week,

Huh, I don’t see that stated either, but I didn’t look very hard. That would be a hell of a note if it was one week, wouldn’t it?

I’m sure it’ll still be a-vote-per-week, like it has been.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 03 October 2012 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
Misty Whisky - 03 October 2012 09:47 AM

maybe the new store software can’t do fixed price sales?  as opposed to percents.

Whoa, good point, I hadn’t thought of that… I’m trying to remember if I’ve seen a fixed sale price since the move… kinda think… I dunno.

man, i feel like an old veteran.

Heh, you are from my POV.

This year I’m gonna sit back and watch the new members be enthusiastic for the festivities.  wink

I’m there, already. It’s all old hat to me now. “Oh… hey… another sale… uh… woohoo?”

(I still buy stuff, I just wore out the omigod factor).

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Posted: 03 October 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-30
T Jaiman - 03 October 2012 02:11 PM

I’m there, already. It’s all old hat to me now. “Oh… hey… another sale… uh… woohoo?”

In years past. myself, and a few select others formed The Animals & Monsters Consortium (AMC) and we rounded up votes and basically competed with the other factions jockeying for placement in the top spots:  “New Stuff”, “M4 Stuff”, “V4 Stuff”, “A3 Stuff”, etc. to ensure we got certain things we wanted every week.  But thats when the list of potentials were like 50 items (roughly) long, and the top 9 (i think) items made the cut.  It was ALOT of hard work, and politicing, and negotiating, but it was very entertaining with all the renders and pleas to encourage votes for “their platform”. 

I just checked the thread on a fellow pc member account and its… “Ho hum”.  Now with only 10 items to vote on… and nothing really note worthy, and then the prices only gets dropped another 50% and not to PC prices… it just aint that fun = not worth it.

So im GLADLY sitting on the sidelines with you guys this year.

<Singing> “The ole’ Daz forums she AINT what she use to be… AINT what she use to be… AINT what she use to be”.

-MJ

Posted: 03 October 2012 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02
MJ007 - 03 October 2012 03:14 PM
T Jaiman - 03 October 2012 02:11 PM

In years past. myself, and a few select others formed The Animals & Monsters Consortium (AMC) and we rounded up votes and basically competed with the other factions jockeying for placement in the top spots:  “New Stuff”, “M4 Stuff”, “V4 Stuff”, “A3 Stuff”, etc. to ensure we got certain things we wanted every week.  But thats when the list of potentials were like 50 items (roughly) long, and the top 9 (i think) items made the cut.  It was ALOT of hard work, and politicing, and negotiating, but it was very entertaining with all the renders and pleas to encourage votes for “their platform”.

I remember that!

2010 was a blast (The top 10 won, that year. Ties for 10th place would be decided by a mod, or someone).
People who had an item would post their appealing renders, and/or extoll the virtues of it. Those who didn’t have it would post promos or links.
The list was so huge, that people would post updates on the vote, with the current top 10 and runners up. Items that slipped below 10 would see a desperate burst of lobbying. Everybody was making their case. I even got into it, a little, as a newb.

I got DS3A for $1.88!  When too many people missed week 1, they put it in week 3, too! (It won again).

I think they reduced the nominees, or winners, or something in 2011, I don’t find a saved page, though.

And now… well…

For those of you who never saw that, and can’t quite picture it…

I’m not going to count them all, but here’s a list of what you could vote for in week 4 in 2010. (I happened to save some pages).

50’s Dress for Kids 4         Almirena Dress         Almirena Dress Textures         Angeluz Fantasy Armor         Beach Set Boys         Blood Bound         Captain Rebel         Casual Wear for V4         Classy Flounce Skirt and Top         Cocktail Dress 2         Dark Wolf Hair         Digital Curlz Hairstyle         DMR Ella         DMR Ellas Clothes         DMR Ellas Quest         Dragon Bridge         Dragon Port         Dragonworld: Wildenlander         Duchesse Hair         Epiphany Gown         Every Day Girls         Forest Dryad Bundle         Frangipani Bundle         Hadara Hair         Hardcore M4         Hellsing V4         Henseki’s Rune         Historical Armor for V4         Horizon Redux         Jersey Jacket for Victoria 4         Jess for V4 and S4         Karate Gi for V4         Karate Gi M4         Knight Champion for M4         L75 War Alistair         L75 War Oso         Leggings Outfit         Lux Lucis         M4 Dynamic Polo Shirt         M4 Dynamic T-Shirt         M4 Elite Ethnic Faces         M4 Elite Texture Jeremy         M4 Elite Texture Sol         M4 Elite Texture: Lee         Mark Hair         Michael 4 Morphs++        Millennium Big Cat         Millennium Horse Bundle         Mon Chevalier Hair         Neoclassical Gown and Robe         Omega Huntress X         Phantasie   Pixiedust Outfit         Raphael for M4         RM Esmeray Gothic         RM Jared         Scarlet Nights (outfit)        Scarlet Nights Expansion         Scarlet Nights Hair         Sci Fi Sets and Vehicles Bundle         Serenade Hair         Shane Hair         SKINsource M4         SKINsource V4         Svana V4         The Chamber of Sorrows         The Dark Star         The Firearm Pack         The Sacred Rouge Outfit         Trey for M4         V4 Elite Ethnic Faces         V4 Elite Texture: Amy         V4 Elite Texture: Lana         V4 Elite Texture: Marie         V4 Elite Texture: Maya         V4 Heartbeat Hair         V4 Ranger         V4 Ranger Textures         V4 Teen Ashley - Mega Pack         Victoria 4.2 Morphs++        Wild Hunt: Wildenlander for Michael 3

Signature 

Posted: 03 October 2012 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02

This is what I thought we were getting, this year…

(Sorry, saved pages display weirdly for me - I had to highlight to make text readable).

I’ll try to quit clogging up the thread….

Image Attachments
Members_Choice_4.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 03 October 2012 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2009-06-30
GreyMouser69 - 02 October 2012 11:49 AM

Clicked on the “announcement” when I saw it (here in the “commons”) and I get:

The following errors were encountered
You are not authorized to view this forum

I’ve been considering re-joining the PC club but i have held off for the anniversary month and now I can’t even see what the announcement says?  I’ve really been on the fence about it considering all of the problems people have been having with the pc club lately but seeing what the offer is for restarting/renewal might just tip the balance in favor of going ahead and doing it…

I got the same message.  Also, I don’t see the PC prices any more & haven’t gotten my October PC coupon code.

I don’t get it.  Sept.1, I got an email informing me that as a “Welcome Back” promotion, I was getting PC club membership free through December & the email.  I can only guess that the membership was mistakenly done through 9/30, not 12/31.

Yes, I’m heading over to open a ticket.

Posted: 03 October 2012 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2009-08-07
Misty Whisky - 03 October 2012 09:47 AM

It must be able to… ? Could DAZ really have elected to switch to a commerce platform that can’t handle that?!

Even if it’s just a manual process, surely they could use the PC functionality to temporarily change prices for PC members?

I don’t know, but I sincerely hope that’s not the issue! :)

Signature 

Check out The Lesser Evil, a graphic novel made using DAZ models, and published by Zeta Comics!

Posted: 03 October 2012 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2004-08-24

They must be able to set a specific price, since they’ve done so when they reduce $1.99 PC items to $.99 temporarily.  The discounts show up, but they are not all the same….

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here :)
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 05 October 2012 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-02

@Alisa Uh-Lisa:  Oh yeah. I didn’t think of that.

Update:

The winners are now $1.99. cheese

But there’s no mention of any more rounds of Members Choice (that I have found).

For this year’s Platinum Club Anniversary we’re giving you the opportunity to decide what you want on sale!

Out of the ten products listed, please vote once for the one you’d most like to see on sale. The five products with the most votes will then be put on sale for 1.99!

And the Winners Are:

3. Doctor Bundle
1. Trey for M4
7. Pyrit Hair
5. Battle Maiden
4. Freya’s Courage Realm

The sale ends Monday October 8 (12:00 midnight DAZ Time)

Signature 

2 of 3