Digital Art Zone

54 of 56
Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion
Posted: 30 October 2012 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 796 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  536
Joined  0

I’m waiting for the same fix. But I think we’re supposed to pay the full amount then request a refund of the difference. However, there is also apparently a problem where getting a refund (on anything!) borks up one’s PC membership so what the results might be is anybody’s guess.

Posted: 30 October 2012 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 797 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15648
Joined  2003-10-09

As atryeu says, if it is a simple renewal and you get charged to full price, file a support ticket, and you will be refunded the extra money.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 30 October 2012 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 798 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  498
Joined  2011-04-19

I am already a member but I pay each Month for a long time now.

Posted: 30 October 2012 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 799 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2360
Joined  2003-12-06
chohole - 30 October 2012 05:39 PM

As atryeu says, if it is a simple renewal and you get charged to full price, file a support ticket, and you will be refunded the extra money.

And I still won’t do this — it is not acceptable to me. If DAZ won’t (or can’t) fix something as simple as this, they’re not getting my money.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 30 October 2012 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 800 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  498
Joined  2011-04-19

ITA Don’t think I even have the over 100.00 with the plus tax, to wait for them to give me my money back or store credit when I need my money.

Posted: 30 October 2012 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 801 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  125
Joined  2006-09-06
RangerJimK - 26 October 2012 10:51 PM
Ghostpanther - 24 October 2012 04:12 PM

So, the poodle was a real part of the design ?!?
I already wondered about it, how somebody would wear that.  But for a child it seems okay for me wink

I went through elementary, junior high and senior high during the ‘50s and I can assure you that—particularly around ‘56-‘58 or so—Poodle skirts and saddle shoes were quite common - at least in northern Virginia.

It seems as if the fashion in Germany in these days was very different. My Mum never had skirts like these - as far as I can tell from the pictures we have wink - she had petticoats and pumps ^_^

Signature 

Formerly: 900 posts

Bringing up a petition for our old and cute smileys ?!! rolleyes

Posted: 31 October 2012 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 802 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15648
Joined  2003-10-09
Ghostpanther - 30 October 2012 08:25 PM
RangerJimK - 26 October 2012 10:51 PM
Ghostpanther - 24 October 2012 04:12 PM

So, the poodle was a real part of the design ?!?
I already wondered about it, how somebody would wear that.  But for a child it seems okay for me wink

I went through elementary, junior high and senior high during the ‘50s and I can assure you that—particularly around ‘56-‘58 or so—Poodle skirts and saddle shoes were quite common - at least in northern Virginia.

It seems as if the fashion in Germany in these days was very different. My Mum never had skirts like these - as far as I can tell from the pictures we have wink - she had petticoats and pumps ^_^

I agree, the poodle skirts didn’t really take off over here as they did on the other side of the pond, although they were around.. Full gathered shirts, knee length or just below and “shirtwaisters” are what I remember my Mother wearing here in the UK.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 31 October 2012 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 803 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-07-27
SpottedKitty - 30 October 2012 07:21 PM
chohole - 30 October 2012 05:39 PM

And I still won’t do this — it is not acceptable to me. If DAZ won’t (or can’t) fix something as simple as this, they’re not getting my money.

I canceled my platinum club subscription yesterday because of this issue. It was due to renew today, but I had no idea what card they would charge or how much they would take. I think I paid with gift certificates last year but they listed a credit card (with a number that did not match any card I currently have) in the subscription details.

Since the cancellation took effect immediately, I guess I’ll miss out on any end of celebration events.

Posted: 31 October 2012 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 804 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2004-03-28

Strictly speaking: -How- difficult would it be to make an annual renewal product that’s a DO exempt from vouchers (like the new extravaganzas)?  That’d be full price for non-subscribers and 30% off for PC subscribers.  During the PC sale, it’d even have had an additional 10% off incentive with our increased discounts for the month.

Honestly, it looks like the mechanics for it are already in place, even in the new store.  Even if we had to go and purchase it manually it’d still be a sight better than the whole fooferaw going on now.  Plus, it’d have at least -some- incentive for annual renewal during the PC sale.  People would grumble but not near so much as they are now.

PS:  My mom wore actual poodle skirts and saddle shoes here on the west coast, but they had layered petticoats to go with them.  And yes, they had actual poodles on them. :D

Posted: 31 October 2012 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 805 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3521
Joined  2012-02-06
Scott-Livingston - 04 October 2012 08:41 AM

Judging from the member list, the PC has actually been growing. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/member/memberlist
166 pages (50 members per page) sometime in June or July…not sure when exactly it was that I saw this…
179 pages at start of the PC sale
180 pages at the moment…so roughly 9,000 PC members. And that doesn’t include those who might be PC members but are labeled otherwise by the forum (PAs, Community Volunteers, etc.) Puts things into perspective, given how few of us are active on the forum (only 56 PC members have 250 or more posts).

Wish I knew how many there were at the time of the site changeover, but it seems like the club is doing fine as far as numbers are concerned.

An update…(my original post was made in the Members Only forum, but I thought it would be appropriate to move it to this thread)

The forum list now reports 244 pages of Platinum Club members (roughly 12,200 members in total). Looks like membership expanded significantly during the sale (assuming the Member List is accurate).

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 31 October 2012 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 806 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16
Nightsong - 31 October 2012 09:15 AM

Strictly speaking: -How- difficult would it be to make an annual renewal product that’s a DO exempt from vouchers (like the new extravaganzas)?  That’d be full price for non-subscribers and 30% off for PC subscribers.  During the PC sale, it’d even have had an additional 10% off incentive with our increased discounts for the month.

Honestly, it looks like the mechanics for it are already in place, even in the new store.  Even if we had to go and purchase it manually it’d still be a sight better than the whole fooferaw going on now.  Plus, it’d have at least -some- incentive for annual renewal during the PC sale.  People would grumble but not near so much as they are now.

PS:  My mom wore actual poodle skirts and saddle shoes here on the west coast, but they had layered petticoats to go with them.  And yes, they had actual poodles on them. :D

They have one, or did… There was the one for New Annual and one for Annual Renewal. I thought they were both still in the store.  I’ve used the renewal one for the last 2-3 years when I renewed without problems (the last time was last March, before the site “upgrade”), and you did have to do it manually. They’ve never had automatic renewal on the annual memberships.

The first year I switched to annual they had the Annual memberships marked $20 off, so I got it my first year for only $49 smile  They of course never had a discount on the price like that since that I’ve seen though *sigh*

Posted: 31 October 2012 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 807 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1815
Joined  2005-06-08
Scott-Livingston - 31 October 2012 10:35 AM

Judging from the member list, the PC has actually been growing. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/member/memberlist
166 pages (50 members per page) sometime in June or July…not sure when exactly it was that I saw this…
180 pages at the moment…so roughly 9,000 PC members. And that doesn’t include those who might be PC members but are labeled otherwise by the forum (PAs, Community Volunteers, etc.) Puts things into perspective, given how few of us are active on the forum (only 56 PC members have 250 or more posts).

Wish I knew how many there were at the time of the site changeover, but it seems like the club is doing fine as far as numbers are concerned.

An update…(my original post was made in the Members Only forum, but I thought it would be appropriate to move it to this thread)

The forum list now reports 244 pages of Platinum Club members (roughly 12,200 members in total). Looks like membership expanded significantly during the sale (assuming the Member List is accurate).

I’m reluctant to credit that assumption — I just followed the link and took a screenshot (those zeros are postcounts):

Image Attachments
screenshot.31-10-2012_13_.53_.02_.png
 Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 31 October 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 808 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

couple of things. There are a lot of phil’s in that list.

Second, just because someone doesn’t post doesn’t mean they didn’t join the plat club. You can join the club, save money and avoid the forums. Or lurk them.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 31 October 2012 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 809 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16

When I first joined the site I rarely ever posted at all, and when I joined the PC it was the same. I posted now and then, but up until just this last year, for 8+ years at Daz (almost 6 which were with the PC) my post count was barely 200-300.

Posted: 31 October 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 810 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1815
Joined  2005-06-08
larsmidnatt - 31 October 2012 12:24 PM
KickAir 8P - 31 October 2012 11:56 AM
Scott-Livingston - 31 October 2012 10:35 AM

I’m reluctant to credit that assumption — I just followed the link and took a screenshot (those zeros are postcounts):

couple of things. There are a lot of phil’s in that list.

That was my point — six phils almost in a row?  Doesn’t really look like six different people joining up, does it?

larsmidnatt - 31 October 2012 12:24 PM

Second, just because someone doesn’t post doesn’t mean they didn’t join the plat club. You can join the club, save money and avoid the forums. Or lurk them.

Just because a member doesn’t post doesn’t mean they aren’t real, granted.  That having been said, somebody who does post is a lot more likely to be real.  Especially, it appears, if their screen-name is phil.  wink

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

54 of 56