Digital Art Zone

53 of 56
Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion
Posted: 26 October 2012 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 781 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2010-06-06
Ghostpanther - 24 October 2012 04:12 PM

So, the poodle was a real part of the design ?!?
I already wondered about it, how somebody would wear that.  But for a child it seems okay for me wink

I went through elementary, junior high and senior high during the ‘50s and I can assure you that—particularly around ‘56-‘58 or so—Poodle skirts and saddle shoes were quite common - at least in northern Virginia.

Signature 

“If I can leave you with one thing it would be this: Live life with your heart and your mind. Those are the two most powerful organs. And have the courage to show the world your soul. Put it out there – some people will love it, some will hate it, but at least you took the risk. And that’s what matters.”
—Shirley Kirk © 2009

Posted: 27 October 2012 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 782 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2004-06-13

I’m really bummed right now because Daz closed up shop for the weekend without addressing my inability to access platinum club sale prices or the members only forum. We’re looking at a hurricane hovering over us from late Sunday to Wednesday, with expected wide-spread power outages, so it looks like I’ll be shut out of all of the closing events of the 10th anniversary sale. I have everything I need in my cart to finish the Buy It All category, but I’m sure not going to pay full price for it, so barring some miracle, I guess I won’t get the buy it all bonus, either.

I can only hope they’ll take pity on us and extend the sale.

Or the hurricane turns out to sea.

Which do you think is more likely?

Posted: 27 October 2012 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 783 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02

If you can afford to pay up front, Sales would refund the difference. They could put it back to the payment source, if you need that.

You might take a screenshot, and we could tell you the price for each one.

I also had the dumb idea of sending a screenshot, and getting credit before purchase, but they probably wouldn’t do that.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 27 October 2012 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 784 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16378
Joined  2003-10-09
warmblood - 27 October 2012 09:36 AM

I’m really bummed right now because Daz closed up shop for the weekend without addressing my inability to access platinum club sale prices or the members only forum. We’re looking at a hurricane hovering over us from late Sunday to Wednesday, with expected wide-spread power outages, so it looks like I’ll be shut out of all of the closing events of the 10th anniversary sale. I have everything I need in my cart to finish the Buy It All category, but I’m sure not going to pay full price for it, so barring some miracle, I guess I won’t get the buy it all bonus, either.

I can only hope they’ll take pity on us and extend the sale.

Or the hurricane turns out to sea.

Which do you think is more likely?

CS are very helpful, if a bit stressed out at the mo.  File a ticket, explaining your predicament, and then we can pass it on, first thing Monday., if you post the ticket number here, or send it to one of the Forum Team by PM.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        October Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 27 October 2012 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 785 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

Yeah. Speaking as a former customer support person (for a telecom company, not DAZ), my protip to people is “be polite, people at the other end are people too” and “politeness yields better results and better motivation”. Seriously, Customer Support at DAZ is very nice and competent, even if sometimes you may have to explain something at length, if things get complex.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 27 October 2012 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 786 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1825
Joined  2005-06-08
Skiriki - 27 October 2012 10:08 AM

Yeah. Speaking as a former customer support person (for a telecom company, not DAZ), my protip to people is “be polite, people at the other end are people too” and “politeness yields better results and better motivation”. Seriously, Customer Support at DAZ is very nice and competent, even if sometimes you may have to explain something at length, if things get complex.

I used to be front-line tech support for a telecom company — small world!  I got yelled at a lot — much as I understood our customer’s frustrations, the calm ones got helped faster because I didn’t have to calm them down first (yes, we were required to do that — you can’t get a coherent trouble report from someone who’s screaming or swearing every other word, no matter how creatively).  Key things were maintaining a sympathetic, helpful, and above-all professional demeanor at all times (and all costs — there was some head-desking involved), and not taking the customer’s behavior or complaints personally (seriously, yes — personally, no).  I’m happy to say that everyone on DAZ’s sales support staff I’ve interacted with has embodied these principles to the hilt.

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 27 October 2012 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 787 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2004-06-13

Thanks for all of the suggestions and comiseration re my hurricane dilemma.

Support tickets updated and everything is in my cart, so hopefully, things will get fixed on Mon or Tues and during a lull in the storm I’ll be able to pay for the order via cell phone. Meanwhile, I’ll think some more about buying it now—although I hate to spend $250 and ask for a $175 refund…Wow. It is a great sale, isn’t it?

If this is the worst that happens in the next four days, I will definitely count my blessings. Besides, I was in the first batch of Lucky Ducks AND my neighbor, who has a generator, says I can recharge my laptops over there anytime. So I should just stop my whining already and go out and enjoy the fringes of the storm rolling in.

Posted: 27 October 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 788 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2128
Joined  2005-04-15
Skiriki - 27 October 2012 10:08 AM

As a big Amen to that, I have to say that just about the ONLY reason I’m still in the Platinum Club at this point is the sterling service that Brittany and the other customer service folks have been doing.  I’ve lost track of all the ridiculous things that have happened since the new store went on line, including being booted out of the PC six times, multiple double billings and, most recently, “phantom” bills that show up in my Daz account but apparently don’t really exist, but Customer Service has managed to sort everything out so far.  They really have been doing an extraordinary job in the most trying of circumstances.

Signature 

“And on the subject of bundles, exactly WHY does the M5 Pro Suite have a V5 DRESS and the Troll in it? Exactly what kind of “pro” IS M5?  Apparently one who likes to dress up in drag and go cruising down in the red light district of lower Middle Earth.”

Posted: 27 October 2012 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 789 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  134
Joined  2011-02-10

It seems the shop is down again tonight, have been trying (painfully) to add a couple stuff in my cart, but then I can’t do anything with my cart rolleyes ... Hoping they fix it tomorrow.

Posted: 27 October 2012 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 790 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2003-10-09

This is an old “poodle skirt” set that I bought at Poser Pros before they closed. It was for V3 but has converted up to V4. It doesn’t go over to Genesis well. There’s a real problem with longer skirts.

Image Attachments
poodleskirt.jpg
 Signature 

Freebies

Posted: 29 October 2012 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 791 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2012-02-21
warmblood - 27 October 2012 01:46 PM

Support tickets updated and everything is in my cart, so hopefully, things will get fixed on Mon or Tues and during a lull in the storm I’ll be able to pay for the order via cell phone. Meanwhile, I’ll think some more about buying it now—although I hate to spend $250 and ask for a $175 refund…Wow. It is a great sale, isn’t it?

If this is the worst that happens in the next four days, I will definitely count my blessings. Besides, I was in the first batch of Lucky Ducks AND my neighbor, who has a generator, says I can recharge my laptops over there anytime. So I should just stop my whining already and go out and enjoy the fringes of the storm rolling in.

I am in the middle of “Sandy” and this is the first time I have been able to get online and stay on. The power comes and goes so my wifi is in the same boat. Good luck I know I have repairs to do here when it clears, either that or I will be using buckets as decorations.

Posted: 29 October 2012 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 792 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1002
Joined  2011-05-19
T Jaiman - 25 October 2012 07:06 AM
JimmyC_2009 - 25 October 2012 06:37 AM
T Jaiman - 25 October 2012 05:55 AM
JimmyC_2009 - 25 October 2012 05:26 AM

Genesis can be Decimated as well, any mesh figure can as far as I know, but Genesis already has a Base resolution which makes it about 19k, which is about a quarter of normal figures like V4 and M4, so that should help anyway.  Maybe not so good for close-ups.

Can it be posed after decimation?

Yes it can be posed and even textured.

Decimation can spoil the facial features depending on how much you use.
  I would think it woukld be best used for distance shots.

That’s pretty cool, then.

There’s times you want distant background folk. And you could even do animation with them.

Be sure to first adjust the node weighting by clicking on the weighting subtab after hitting the Prepare to Decimate Button, then go back to Resolutions tab to get your desired results.  Works darn well!

Signature 

Enjoy my games & freebie content created with DAZ 3D:

3dSkyDome.com - Curiosity killed the browser, 3d R&D

3Dnld My Freebies & Games - Farm Peeps Farm Theme 3D Stuff

Posted: 30 October 2012 01:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 793 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6157
Joined  2006-02-20
RFasig - 29 October 2012 02:31 PM
warmblood - 27 October 2012 01:46 PM

I am in the middle of “Sandy” and this is the first time I have been able to get online and stay on. The power comes and goes so my wifi is in the same boat. Good luck I know I have repairs to do here when it clears, either that or I will be using buckets as decorations.

Good luck!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 30 October 2012 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 794 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  499
Joined  2011-04-19

What to do?

The Platinum Club Annual Membership shows on sell for 69.95, I have it in my cart & it shows 99.95

I loged out closed my window opened it went back to my cart & it still shows 99.95 refresh it, went ahead as to check out but it stayed as 99.95 not 69.95.

Could someone fix it?

Thanks

Posted: 30 October 2012 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 795 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16
Alethas Fantasy - 30 October 2012 05:26 PM

What to do?

The Platinum Club Annual Membership shows on sell for 69.95, I have it in my cart & it shows 99.95

I loged out closed my window opened it went back to my cart & it still shows 99.95 refresh it, went ahead as to check out but it stayed as 99.95 not 69.95.

Could someone fix it?

Thanks

Were you a recent PC member and trying to renew your annual membership? If so, you might need to contact support.  If you are just now trying to join though or your membership expired sometime back, the actual price is the $99.5 to buy the membership. The $69.95 price is for renewing your membership if you are already a member.

53 of 56