Digital Art Zone

6 of 56
Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion
Posted: 02 October 2012 05:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  642
Joined  2007-05-26

Why is this thread located in the members only area….. don’t they want new members??

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 02 October 2012 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-01-16

What the site says:

Get $10.00 off
Coupon good for $10 off DAZ Originals
$10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

What I was just told by customer service:
Joanie Frerichs, Oct 02 16:52 (MDT):
$10 = PC-S@VINGS-10
I was just informed that this coupon will only work for orders of $100 or more.

What a let down.  No stuff for me :(  Guess I really am done with PC.

Posted: 02 October 2012 06:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  541
Joined  2009-08-07
shannonsuzanne - 02 October 2012 06:09 PM

What the site says:

Get $10.00 off
$10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

$10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

That’s a real shame. I bought all the DOs I need in that huge $500 for $250 sale two months ago, so I guess I’ll be giving this particular coupon a miss too…

Signature 

Check out The Lesser Evil, a graphic novel made using DAZ models, and published by Zeta Comics!

Posted: 02 October 2012 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

Might be usable to me, but only after 21st of this month.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 02 October 2012 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2004-03-28

$10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

You’re not serious!!!  Dude, that needs to be posted on the page!  I was looking forward to that coupon…

Posted: 02 October 2012 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1546
Joined  2003-10-09

How does one submit to the render contest?

What are the rules?  Does “10th Anniversary PC item” just mean any PC item that’s on sale right now?  Should the render primarily be of one of those items, or simply anything that happens to use it even if it’s not the primary focus of the scene?

Posted: 02 October 2012 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16

What the site says:

Get $10.00 off
$10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

$10 = PC-S@VINGS-10

I HATE coupons for this reason :(  All the sites that use them require a minimum purchase half the time. If that is the case here they need to have clearly stated that on the page. It’s yet another depressing bit of news that comes with the start of the PC sale this year already :(  This year is supposed to be a milestone for Daz. It’s supposed to top previous years, not become worse :(

Why is this thread located in the members only area….. don’t they want new members??

Every since 2007 when I joined the PC, the main sale threads have always been in the Members forum. Normally there is a thread posted in The Commons trying to draw in more members but all of the sale-related stuff gets posted to the Members forum.

Posted: 02 October 2012 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2010-02-05

Are plug-ins like GenX usually a part of the sale?

Posted: 02 October 2012 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2004-08-24
ragaray - 02 October 2012 07:11 PM

Are plug-ins like GenX usually a part of the sale?

No, GenX is a PA item, not a PC item - and it was just half price till yesterday in the catchup sale.

I would like to hear about this $10 from someone at Daz who writes in the forums - no offence to customer service, but if this is the case, that you have to buy $100 of stuff to use it, that sure makes things even less nice as far as I’m concerned for the PC sale.  And it needs to be corrected immediately in the thread.

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 02 October 2012 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  543
Joined  0

I really hope that’s a mistake. I held back (somewhat) on the PA sale in anticipation of PC goodness during Anniversary month but I’m starting to regret that. True this is only Day One and there are 30 more to go but the way things look now I’m not that optimistic. Last year I sat on the fence so hard I nearly got splinters but I renewed. This year?  My splinters have splinters and Rendo Prime is looking better and better by a country mile.

Posted: 02 October 2012 08:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16

Grr, apparently Daz doesn’t want me to be a part of the sale… The forum software won’t send me notifications!!! :(  I’m done for the night anyway. I’m sick and tired of trying to track down threads because it won’t send notifications :(

Posted: 02 October 2012 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
canberra_boy - 02 October 2012 06:18 PM

That’s a real shame. I bought all the DOs I need in that huge $500 for $250 sale two months ago, so I guess I’ll be giving this particular coupon a miss too…

That was the best sale of the year, I put a bunch of PA items in it too so I could basically get half off PA items. So far nothing has touched it since, including the PA sale(well there were some new items in the PA sale that were good to grab)

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 02 October 2012 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2008-12-30
earth2d - 02 October 2012 02:46 PM
torgas - 02 October 2012 12:39 PM

Okay so if I was an annual PC member whose account expired this month to renew, I have to pay $69 or $99?  I’ve tried adding it and it came back stating $99.

I read it is 69.95 + 30.00 activation fee?  Let me go back and look at that again!! ohh

I had the same problem. If you buy it and email customer support with your order number they will refund the $30.00 back to your credit card or PayPal account. There is a glitch in their system.

Signature 

The freedom to create, begins with a single thought.

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  769
Joined  2005-12-12
Byrdie - 02 October 2012 08:04 PM

I really hope that’s a mistake. I held back (somewhat) on the PA sale in anticipation of PC goodness during Anniversary month but I’m starting to regret that. True this is only Day One and there are 30 more to go but the way things look now I’m not that optimistic. Last year I sat on the fence so hard I nearly got splinters but I renewed. This year?  My splinters have splinters and Rendo Prime is looking better and better by a country mile.

Yeah, same here, wished I had bought Cthulhu Rising after all, doesn’t look like I will be spending much during this sale.

The core of it all, the member’s choice poll is just shockingly bad. I don’t think I need to get into details as to how inferior this is to previous years.

The Buy It All thing is almost amusingly bad, I mean, they are really baiting us with old, basic items? They didn’t even feel like promoting Stephanie 5 themselves a few weeks back….

The PC item category sale….well, that’s OK I guess, although I personally almost never buy something from those since the categories never ever appeal to me.

Then there are two of those…random…blabla….oh, sorry, you lost me at random, I don’t care for games of chance.

Then there is the inevitable DAZ Original sale we have every other week. yaaaaaay….

And the increase of DAZ Original discount. Which is nice, but, well, had that before and while it doesn’t suck it’s also not really great.

Also we get a bunch of coupons which may even add up to the amount of vouchers we got in previous years, only that now they come with the awesome downsides of one-time-use, only DO coupons…..

Finally, I like what they did with the giant bag of items and $30 voucher for those who bought the annual signup. As in just completely take that away.
I remember how I brought that up in favor of DAZ during the Prime membership renewal discussion on Renderosity. Boy, do I feel stupid now :D

So basically, if you have been here for a small while and already got a lot of DAZ Originals, this sale is pretty boring and they did not even start the usual parade of DAZ catastrophes we tend to get with those sales (which should be even more severe and entertaining now in this new system).

I recall someone pointing out how DAZ really needs to work hard to get some of the disgruntled Poser users back. Well, spoiler alert, they ain’t gonna accomplish that with old DAZ Originals. So, with even the renewal incentives gone, this is going to be the great Poser user goodbye sale, I guess?

I mean it’s not a surprise giving how things have been going around here, so I guess on the positive side, yaaaaay, that feeling I had that they would botch this one, too, was right.

Posted: 02 October 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  239
Joined  2005-09-14

I have no idea how the $6.00 and $4.00 coupon works. Especially if you cannot combine them. Could someone please explain that to me? Do we use only one coupon at a time or am I just not understanding how it all works? Thank you and take care grin.

6 of 56